- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Another one of my much older stories. I figured I'd post it on here and see if anyone likes it. Well here you go, Enjoy. :)
"It's not that I can't live without you. It's just that I don't even wanna try..."

She had thought about him all day, her husband Nick. He had just gotten back from tour and she wanted to go home early. The look on his face would be priceless when she showed up way before she was due home. She never left work early, except for emergencies. Well in her case it was an emergency, a sexual one they had been away from each other for well over a year which was hard on her especially since that left her with their 16 year old daughter Melanie. But she didn't mind cause they would always have girls day out and just hang out. To Mel her father could do no wrong. But she is sadly mistaken.

Back when Nick and her mother first got together he was drinking really bad, and at one point he started cheating on her. But when they got married she made him promise that the cheating would stop. She didn't mind the drinking so much, just as long as he didn't go overboard with it. And she was usually there with him when he drank, but when he was on tour who knows what he did. He could come and go as he pleased and there wasen't a damn thing she could do about it.

So with that in mind she left work not saying anything to anybody except her boss, and he understood. She got in the car and started it up she glanced at the steering wheel then at her wedding ring. Nick insisted on a big stone although she would have been just fine with a little one. She smiled thinking of when Nick had said I do and placed that ring on her finger. She loved him so much. She smiled to herself as she backed out of the parking spot and headed for home. When she got home she noticed another car in the driveway

'Hmm...must be one of Mel's friends.' Most of her friends had their licenses already, she was working on hers. She opened the door and walked inside. "Nick I'm home." She called out but no answer.

'He must be upstairs waiting for me.' She said to herself as she took off her shoes and headed upstairs. As she got closer to their bedroom door she could swear she heard moaning. She shook her head no if there's moaning then there must be.

'Deanna come on get real like Nick would ever cheat on you.' She went to go back downstairs and heard it again. "Oh yeah..." 'Wait a minute...that sounded like...' She lost her words as she opened the door and took in the sight in front her. There in their bed was her husband Nick and one of their dancers having sex. She moaned as Nick leant down and kissed her. She slammed the door which brought them both back to the real world. Nick whipped his head around to see her pissed as all hell with her arms crossed.

"Hey baby I wasn't expecting you home so soon."

"Don't you hey baby me. And you." She said pointing to the girl "Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"I...I...I'm sorry..." She managed to get out before Deanna went off on her.

"Save it Kat I've had enough of this, get out of my house. NOW!"

'What in the world...?' Mel said to herself opening her bedroom door wondering what was going on. She crept down the hall till she got to their room and put her ear to the door. 'Oh shit Dad's in trouble.'
She quickly pulled back as the door swung open and Kat ran out. Mel looked at her mother then at Nick.

"Dad how could you?"

"Mel I..." She just rolled her eyes and went back to her room

"Baby let me explain..." "Oh I'll let you explain alright right out the fucking door! Here I am getting off early to come home and see you and your here in our house, in our bedroom fucking that skank!"

"Will you calm down we have neighbors."

"I don't give a damn, this is my house too and I pay my share and if I wanna yell then damnit I'm gonna!" She screamed at him.

"Just let me explain..."

"Ok Nickolas explain."

He just stood silent looking at his wife not knowing how in the hell he was gonna explain this when he made her a promise.

"Typical Nick nothing to say, there is nothing you can say or do to make this better you know that right?"

He sighed "I know."

"Is she your new little sextoy?"

"What?"

"You heard me is she?!"

"No and don't call her that."

"When I catch her in bed, in my BED with my husband I have the right to call her whatever the fuck I want. Now I want you to get out before I beat the shit outta you."

"Deanna come on you can't fight."

"Oh really? Try me. Now get out."

Nick didn't want to argue with her so he grabbed his backpack and stuffed in some things and walked out of the bedroom. After she heard the door shut she sat on the bed and buried her face in her hands. Mel came out of her room again and heard her mom crying.

"Mom?" She walked in the room and sat next to her "Are you ok?"

"No Mel I'm not your father is a lying cheat."

Mel knew of her fathers past before she was born but she never knew that it would happen again. She thought her dad cared for her mother, maybe he didn't.

"Where did dad go?"

"Don't know and I really don't give a damn." She said yanking off her wedding ring throwing it out of the bedroom.

Mel watched as her mother cried she had never seen her so upset. Deanna broke from her daughters hold and went into the bathroom slamming the door. Mel sighed, 'now what?' She went into her room grabbed her cell and called Brian. He was like a big brother to her and she could talk to him about anything. And knowing Brian he would get to the bottom of this. She dialed Brian's number and walked around her room as she waited.

"Hello?"

"Brian hey it's Mel."

"Honey you ok? You sound a little down."

"Well if you just witnessed what happened here you'd be feeling the same as me."

"Ok what happened?"

"Well..." She began sitting on her bed as she told Brian everything that happened.

He sighed "Your father just never learns he has a wonderful woman in his life and he goes and does this. He needs a good kick in the ass if you ask me."

"Who needs a good kick in the ass?" AJ asked wanting to know what was going on.

"Nick, Mel said that he cheated on Dee with Kat."

"Kat...Kat...Oh! You mean big tits Kat?"

"Yes AJ, her."

"Well damn Nicky Boy got with her? I want details." "Not now Dee's really pissed at him."

"Why would she be piss--oh shit...she caught them didn't she?"

"Mel, I'll call you back."

"Ok." She hung up and just sat there thinking of what to do about her parents.

"Yeah she did but thats not all, she caught them doing it in hers and Nick's bed."

"Damn..."

"She came home early and found them and..." He was cut off by the sound of the door opening.

"Brian!" He heard Nick called out

"Speak of the devil. In here!" He yelled back as Nick came in the room dropping his backpack.


Lyrics: Back To Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys