- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story isn't very long but maybe I'll continue it and make it longer someday. But hopefully you still enjoy it. :)
'If I wasn't such a fool, right now I'd be holding you. There's nothing that I wouldn't do baby if I only knew...The words to say the road to take to find a way back to your heart. What can I do to get to you and find a way back to your heart...'


"Sit." Brian said walking to where he was "What has gotten into you, how could you do this to Deanna?"

"Wait..." Nick said looking up at Brian "Who told you?"

"Your daughter."

"Oh...I don't know..." He said looking down at the floor twirling his wedding band. He shrugged. "It just happened."

"Something like that doesn't just happen."

"You got with Kat alright! Now that's what I'm talking about."

"AJ shut up please." Brian said as he sat down next to Nick.

"That's it it's over..."

"What is?"

"Me and Dee." He sighed "I made her a promise that I wouldn't do it again."

"And you broke it, now you got Mel upset too."

"Damnit." He let his head rest on the back of the couch "Brian would you mind if I stayed here awhile? I won't be in the way."

"Sure just for a couple days which will give you time to think about how to win Deanna back."

"What's the point?"

"Your just gonna give up, give up on your marriage?"

"Why not? She said there was no way to make this up."

"Oh no my friend, where there's a will there's a way."

Nick sighed he had no idea what he was gonna do.

Days had passed since she kicked Nick out. Both were miserable without the other. She sat at home on the couch with a pillow held tightly to her stomach.

"Mom just talk to him."

"No Mel if your father's gonna learn from this then he has to make the first move."

She sighed there was no winning with this woman. "Would you mind if I went out with Carrie?"

"No go ahead just be back by 11, ok?"

"Ok...and Mom?" She said kneeling in front of her "I know Dad still loves you, he'll call."

She just looked away from her, she wanted him to call and make everything to go back to the way it was but she wanted him to learn from this. She was watching TV when the phone rang she was gonna answer it but she recognized the number, she sat and waited for the machine.

'Hey this is Deanna and Nick were kinda busy *laughter* you know what to do.'

"I really have to change that message." She said outloud as Nick started talking.

"Deanna...How are you? I miss you, I know you won't admit it but you miss me too. I love you honey you know I do. I'm sorry for what I did, I know that doesn't make things right but..." He sighed "Deanna I know your there...just pick up the phone and talk to me...please? Ok call me when you get this. I love you. Bye."

"Uh huh sure you do." She said getting up heading upstairs.

"Hey Nick me and Leighanne are gonna turn in ok?"

"Ok night Bri and thanks." Nick said from the couch.

Nick lay there staring up at the ceiling wondering how he ha dgotten into this mess. He sighed, it was useless now she would never take him back. God he missed her.


Lyrics: Back To Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys