- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yet another part, enjoy! :)
"I beg and plead fall to my knees, to find a way back to your heart. Give me one more chance, to prove my love to you...(give you my love, my love) Cause noone one this earth, loves you like I do..."


As soon as Brian and Leighanne were upstairs there was a knock at the door.

"Melanie? what are you doing here?"

"Daddy..." She said hugging him "God I miss you."

"I miss you too."

She broke the hug. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, but how did you know I was here?"

"Come on now, I know you."

Nick smiled and looked at her she was looking more like her mother everyday. The same brown hair, glistening blue eyes, and that same radiant smile. That was her mother alright. God he missed her.

"How's your mom?"

"Like you really have to ask. Before you say anything listen...I know Mom still loves you you've been together for a long time and I want you back home."

"I know baby I wanna come home too but your mother...you know how she is."

"Yeah..." She said laughing a bit "How about if I help you to win Mom back?"

"You'd do that for me?"

"Yes I would I know you two love each other you just gotta find your way back you know."

"Yeah that's true."

"So my little match maker whatcha got in mind?"

"Well I thought you could send her flowers, you know roses her favorite."

"Uh huh...but thats it flowers?"

"No I was thinking that I would set you two up."

"You are pure evil, are you sure your my daughter?"

She laughed "Yes Dad I'm sure. Ok so Wednesday night at 8 sound good?"

"Yeah I'll do anything to win your mom back."

"Uh oh..." She looked down at her watch.

"What?"

"It's almost 11 I gotta go or else Mom's gonna kill me."

"Go." Nick stood up as Mel hugged him tight "Love you."

"Love you too." She waved then left as Nick layed back on the couch.

'I love you baby.' He said to himself before drifting off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nick took his daughters advice and sent her a bouquet of red roses everyday. Hoping that it would work. And each day she did the same thing, tossed them in the trash.

"Mom!" Mel screamed when she saw her mother throwing away the flowers her father had sent.

"What?" Her mother looked up as she dropped them in the trash.

"Why did you do that? Are those from Daddy?"

"Yes they are and I had to he can't win me back by sending me flowers."

"Maybe its his way of apologizing."

"Well he better come up with a way better apology." She said pushing the kitchen door open and walking out. Mel just stood there.'Dad better come up with something and fast cause Mom's just about had it.'

Another day another bouquet of flowers. Mel watched as her mother did the same as the day before. She sighed. 'Maybe Dad's really screwed up this time.'
She decided to call him and see if they could work something out.

"Dad?" Mel said when the phone picked up.

"Hey Mel, has your Mom been getting the flowers?"

"Yeah but shes been throwing them away, what now?"

"I don't know this was your idea remember?"

"Yeah I know..." She sighed "How about a blind date?"

"I don't know...how are you going to get your Mom to go along with it?"

"I don't know...hmm...how can I trick Mom into going somewhere without her getting suspicious? Ok how about this, how about we set it up at that restaurant you two like to go too and..."

"I'm liking where this is going but one question."

"Yeah?"

"Whats the plan to trick your Mom into coming?"

"Dad trust me ok? Just book the reservation I'll think of something."

"Ok and Mel? Thanks."

"Well I would like to see my parents happy you know."

"Yeah I know...I'll go do that right now and you think of a plan ok?"

"Ok bye Daddy."

"Bye Mellie." He said before hanging up using the pet name he had given her.

"Ok note to self kick Dad's butt for calling me that." She said outloud as she grabbed her purse and headed downstairs. Sure the name was cute when she was 5 but she was 16 now and Mellie just sounded...well childish right?

The phone rang as she walked to the door she waited to see if her mother would answer it which she didn't. She closed the door and the machine kicked in.

'Hey this is Deanna and Nick were kinda busy *laughter* you know what to do.'

"Deanna it's me again look you can't avoid me forever."

"Oh yes I can." She said getting up and walking into the other room.

"You still love me I know you do, just as much as I love you."


Lyrics - Back To Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys