- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the second to the last part of this story, I know it's short but hey ideas come and go. Hopefully you enjoy this.
"I don't know how it got so crazy but I'll do anything to set things right cause your love is so amazing...
Cause baby your the best thing in my life. Let me prove my love is real and make you feel the way I feel, I promise I would give the world. If only you would tell me girl..."



Who the hell was she kidding she did still love him but she wasn't going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Oh no...she would let him come crawling back. If he loved her the way he said he did he would come crawling back no doubt about it.

"Just pick up the phone and talk to me." There was a pause "Please baby I miss you so much." He sighed "Ok, I don't know what else to do. Your obviously there listening. I'll stop at nothing to get you back you hear me baby nothing. We're meant to be together and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Look I'm gonna go if you want call me I'm at Brian's. I love you."

She ran to the phone and picked it up. "Nick? Nick I'm here." All she got was a ringing letting her know that he had already hung up. "God, I miss you too Nicky..." She said putting the phone back down. She picked it up and went to dial his number.

Mel came back in and watched from the door. She got his machine.

"Nick..."

Nick sat down next to the machine listening.

"Look I was listening. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you too and I miss you. I was just pissed and this I will never forget. So call me back if you want."

She hung up before he could pick it up and get a word in. Mel smiled as she walked in the house.

"Hey Mom, you ok?"

"Huh?" She said looking back at Mel "Yeah baby I'm fine."

"I'm gonna take you out to help you forget about Dad. Do you wanna go?"

"Sure, anything to get my mind off of him."

Mel walked upstairs to her room and noticed her mothers wedding ring still sitting where she threw it. She picked it up and looked at it.

'Don't worry Daddy Mom's gone fall in love with you all over again' She said to herself putting the ring in her pocket as she went to her room.

Nick went to the restaurant to wait for his wife and daughter, he sat at the table looking around to see if he saw them. He was nervous he didn't know what was gonna happen. All he knew is that he had to win back his wife one way or another. Mel and her mother got to the restaurant. They were seated just tables away from Nick.

Deanna looked around and spotted him. "Damn."

"What?" Mel asked turning in her chair "Oh look Dad's here." She went to get up but her mother held her arm "Mom..."

"Melanie we are going to leave right now."

"Mom come on at least talk to him."

"No I won't. Wait...your trying to set us up aren't you?"

"No why would you say that?"

"Melanie Marie don't lie to me."

Oh boy. She used the first and last name, oh boy I'm in for it now' Mel thought as she continued to look at her Mother.

"Ok fine I'm trying to set you up, but Daddy really wants to apologize and I know he's been calling and you haven't talked to him."

"Mel I can't believe you."

"But Mom he loves you."

"Oh yeah if he loves me so much then why did I catch him with Kat?"

"Mom I don't know all I know is that that man loves you, he told me so. And he's willing to do whatever it takes to get you back."

"Your father said that?"

"Yes he did please Mom take him back. I hate seeing you two fight."

"But your father hurt me."

"I know just, do this for me? Please?"

She sighed "Ok I will, for you and since you went through all this trouble to get us back together."

She got up and made her way over to Nick's table as Mel turned in her chair to watch what was about to go down.

"Hello Nick."

"Dee..." Nick said looking up at her "Hey yourself."

"Mind if I join you?"

"No not at all." He said getting up pulling her chair out so she could sit down.

"Look before anything happens I'm doing this for our daughters sake and because..." She looked at him as he leaned in to hear what she had to say "Because I love you Nick, and us being apart like this has been torture for me. And when I caught you with her I thought for sure it was over."

"I did too." He said reaching his hand out taking hers in his "I love you more than anything you know that, it's just one thing led to another and..."

She reached over and put a finger to his lips to shush him, she didn't need to hear about it anymore. "Nick what's done is done we can't change it now, but I'm willing to give you another chance. That is if I can trust you this time."

"Thats all I wanted and I promise I'll never cheat again, I mean it this time. I love you."

"I love you too Nicky." She said smiling then leant across the table to kiss him.

Mel smiled watching her parents, they truely belonged together.


Lyrics: Back To Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys