- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The last part of the story, hopefully you enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who reviewed. :)
"The words to say the road to take to find a way back to your heart..."


Months later Nick had kept his promise and they were back in the married routine again, but she was at home and he was on tour. He had kept his distance from Kat, he didn't want to hurt Dee again, he made a promise and he was gonna stick to it.

"Hey Nick..."

"Hey Kat." He said trying to walk past her.

"Nick you've been ignoring me since we got back on the road. What gives?"

"I'm making amends with my wife, I don't want what happened between us to happen again."

"So your saying it was a mistake?"

"I didn't say that but yeah thats what it was."

"So all that shit you said about loving me was a lie?"

"Yeah, why are you mad?"

"Yes I am, I thought..." She looked down "I thought you loved me."

"Kat listen when I say love, alot of times I really don't mean it."

"I hope you and your wife are happy." She said before storming off.

Nick didn't even look at her. AJ had walked in just as Kat was running out.

"So Nick...Kat...KAT! Wait up..." He caught up with her "What's up babe?"

"Nick dumped me thats what."

"You two were never dating, you do know that right?"

"Yeah but thats what it feels like I was just a sextoy for him when his wife wasen't around."

"And you thought you would be more than that? Sorry babe but thats show biz for ya."

"Great, just great..." She said before walking away.

"Damn." He said watching her walk away. He shrugged and walked back in the room with Nick.

"Is she gone?"

"Yeah she's gone but she says it feels like you dumped her."

"I dumped her? We weren't even dating."

"I know but thats how she puts it."

"That girl was nothing but trouble. I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved with her."

"Yeah but you did and now shes pissed as all hell."

"Do I look like I care cause I don't, being with her was the biggest mistake I've ever made."

"But with Kat...Kat."

"I know well damn, if your so interested then why don't you get with her." Nick said walking out of the room leaving AJ by himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nick was back home and Deanna was happier than ever. She loved him and she was willing to give him another chance. He had gone out to see Brian so she planned an evening just for them. Mel was gonna stay at a friends house, she was so happy to see her parents back together. That's the way it should be.

"So how are things with you and Dee?" Brian asked as him and Nick sat on the porch of his house.

"Were doing really good, and shes learning to trust me again."

"That's good. See? I told you she would forgive you."

"I still don't think she has, I mean it's been months since its happened and we still haven't made love, ya know?"

"She'll come around if not sooner, later."

"Yeah I know, but I've never had to go this long without it."

"And don't go to another woman for it either."

"I won't Brian. I promised her, and I'm not gonna break it again." Brian got up to go in the house and Nick's cell rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nicky, are you coming home soon?"

"Yeah baby in a little bit."

"Ok good cause I got a surprise for you when you get home."

"Oh really?" Nick smiled.

"Yeah so don't be long, Love you."

"Love you." He hung up just as Brian came back out.

"Everything ok?" Brian asked sitting back down.

"Yeah...hey I'm gonna go I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Ok..." Brian said as Nick got up and went to his car. He waved to Brian and drove off. Leighanne came out "Bri where's Nick?"

"He went home, I think Dee called when I went in the house."

Nick got home 'What is she up to?' He thought as he opened the door.

"In here..." She called out as Nick followed where her voice was coming from.

There in their kitchen stood his wife clad only in a black lace nightgown. 'Oh my god' Nick said to himself taking in the sight in front of him.

"Well...are you just going to stare or are you gonna come here?" She asked playfully as Nick dropped his keys on the table and removed his jacket. When he was close enough she pulled him closer by his shirt collar.

"Come here Kaos..." She gave him a sexy smile before kissing him.

A kiss that left them both breathless. She started to get up on the counter till Nick put his hands on her hips helping her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

"I missed this..." He said keeping his hands on her hips. She traced his lips with her finger as he watched her.

"I love you."

"I love you too baby so much."

"Kiss me Nicky..." She said softly leaning in and softly kissing him which led to a even more passionate kiss.

Nick ran his hand up her nightgown pushing it up over her waist.

"I want you to make love to me right here in the kitchen, How about it?"

"Do you even have to ask?" He asked as her hand inched lower to his belt undoing it. His pants and boxers fell to the floor and she positioned herself on the edge of the counter. Nick grabbed her hips and entered her which caused her to throw her head back.

"God I've missed this...I missed you..." She moaned as Nick picked up his pace.

"Oh shit...Deanna..." He said closing his eyes.

They both looked into each others eyes as Nick's thrusts sped up. Just then they heard the door open.

"Oh shit..." Nick said stopping as she clung to him.

"Mom? Dad?"

"It's Mel I thought she was at a friend's house?"

"Guess not..." They quickly pulled apart and got dressed just as Mel came into the kitchen.

"Ok...did I interrupt something here?"

"No honey your father and I were just talking." She said looking over at Nick.

"Yeah, talking..." Nick repeated

"Ok I decided to come home."

"That's ok I'm just gonna go up to bed." She said faking a yawn hoping Nick would catch what she was onto.

"Yeah me too, night Mel."

"Night. Those two..." She giggled as she watched her parents go into the living room.

When they were out of Mel's sight she ran up the stairs with Nick following behind her. They got to the top of the stairs and Nick picked her up and carried her the rest of the way. She closed the door and lead him to the bed, both falling on it. She pulled him to her for a kiss that took them back to the moment they had just shared downstairs.

Afterwards snuggling against her drifting off to sleep he realized the words he had to say all along he was saying, those three simple words never meant more to him then they did at that moment. He whispered a sentimental 'I Love You' in her ear as he snuggled behind her falling asleep.


Lyrics: Back To Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys