- Text Size +
So when you hear the name, Nick Carter, you think Backstreet Boys, “the cute one.” Some would think I could get any girl I wanted and that girls were the ones who begged for my attention. I dated Paris Hilton therefore I should be able to get anyone…honestly, that’s not saying much. Don’t get me wrong, she’s beautiful on the outside but please people, its true what they say about only being skin deep.
I’ve been after this one girl now since the day we met a couple of days ago and there is just no getting through. Now, the fellas think it’s because she has a boyfriend. Boyfriend, shmoy-friend. Please, this girl fell head over heels for me, alright she may have literally but I can get her to come around. A.J. thinks I’m "so into her because I can’t have her", this is partial but have you ever had this instant connection between someone and just knew you were supposed to be a part of their life?
Maybe, I should move this back to the day I met my “dream girl.” I use quotes because I don’t think many guys would be able to fight for what they want knowing, or having some sort of idea of the kind of life this girl lives.
It’s your typical sunny, hot, day in Florida, Tampa to be exact. I just moved back here this past spring because it’s just more like home to me. Friendlier people, people move at their own pace and not what is expected. The fellas and I just finished up on our European tour and are taking a much needed break before hitting up the studio to make our next album and start touring the states.
Alright, enough about me, stop getting me off track, my dream girl. I was in my black Jag, windows down, blasting P.O.D’s “Alive.” Maybe it’s an old CD but I just felt like listening to it and it’s an amazing CD. Boy Band listening to hard rock, I know, not what you’d think. But honestly, let’s get back to the girl. There I was sitting at a red light, my sunglasses on, I’m singing along, drumming my fingers on the steering wheel, heading to the book store. The light turns green and just as my foot is about to press on the gas this girl comes out of nowhere in front of my car. Next thing I know, I’m out of my car and kneeling on the ground looking at this goddess who is on her back.
“Oh, my God are you alright? I am so sorry; I didn’t see you at all!” My voice was panicked and I was taking my phone out to call an ambulance.
“I’m fine,” she smiles and pushes herself up a little.
“Don’t move I’ll call an ambulance for you.” At this point, cars are beeping and other’s having surrounded to see the commotion.
“I’m really okay,” she’s now sitting up, her blonde hair is piled up into messy bun and it’s for the first time I notice her arm is in a sling; a black cast covers her right arm. Her finger nails are also painted black and I help her to her feet.
“Maybe you should get looked at, perhaps at that arm that is injured already?” I asked and watched as she shuttered away from my hand.
“N-no, I’m okay thanks.” She took a step forward and I watched as her legs almost buckled underneath her. I reached both my hands out this time to steady her. I raised an eye brow up re-questioning my last question. Is that right terminology? I looked her up and down one more time seeing if I saw any blood from her legs or bones ready to protrude out. I saw a scrap on her left knee but that was it. She had on a dark washed skirt, a pair of black and white chuck/converses shoes and a black tank top that lacked in the front. I must’ve kept my eyes longer on the loosely tied strings on her chest that planned.
“Late to work is what I am,” she glanced down at her watch and turned away.
“Well, wait can I drive you to wherever you need to go?” I asked and she just threw her hand up in the air, flashed this brilliant white smile and disappeared across the street, right into a café. Still thinking about how mysterious this girl was I had zoned out. That was until about a hundred cars began honking at me. Okay, so maybe not a hundred but it seemed like it by the way people were laying on their horns.
“Okay okay!” I yelled holding my hands up and getting into my car. I put it into first gear and began driving. It wasn’t until I drove past the book store that I remembered that I was supposed to be there for my destination for the day.
“She’s just a normal girl Carter, stop thinking about her.” I turned down the next street so I could go to the back parking lot of the book store. I parked my car and realized as I reached for my key in the ignition, my hands were shaking. The whole almost running over a pedestrian shook me up more than I had thought. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly and then opened my door. I stepped out into the humid air, wishing I had worn shorts instead of jeans but thankful I had a short sleeved shirt on. I hit the lock button on my key and headed for the book store.
“I almost ran over a woman,” I said out loud and thought of Brian at that moment. I pulled my phone out and, hit my send button because I had called Brian the night before and hit the green button again. “Pick up,” I said on the first ring, so maybe I was a little impatient but I had to get this off my mind. “Let’s GO BRIAN!” I yelled.
“Whoa what’s up?” A voice broke up my tantrum.
“Sorry, I just didn’t want to talk to your voicemail.”
“What’s wrong Nick?” Brian as good at sensing when something was bothering me.
“I almost ran over this amazing girl.
“Huh? How about explaining from the beginning Nick.” I could picture Brian rolling his eyes and trying not laugh at that moment. ‘Over a girl’ he would say.
“I was driving downtown to get to the book store and-”
“Bookstore Nick?”
“I’m serious, I wanted to start some reading. But yeah, then out of nowhere this chick crossed and boom, she’s on the ground and I almost sort of did hit her.”
“What? How bad?”
“She got up and walked away. Wouldn’t let me get her an ambulance or take her anywhere. She just jogged across the street into this café where I’m guessing she works.”
“Wow.”
“Yeah and she already had this cast on her arm and I really wanted her to get checked over but wouldn’t have any of it. I’m thinking of after the bookstore I’ll go into that café, get some lunch and just make sure she’s okay.”
“That sounds like a good plan. A cast on her arm huh? Looks like she’s a klutz, stay away, you have enough of your own clumsy problems.”
“Hey I’ve been doing really well.”
“Yeah that was until you almost ran over an innocent girl.”
“Brian I needed to talk to someone about this, not make me feel worse than I already do.”
“I’m sorry man. Are you alright though, for real?”
“I am. I just had to get this off my chest.”
“Okay well, I’m going to Leigh’s parents with Bailey for the day. Call me if you need anything.”
“Thanks Brian, say hello to everyone.”
“Of course I will. Later.”
“Bye.”
I shoved my phone back into my pocket and walked into the book store, with the girl still on my mind. An hour later I came out with Michael Connelly’s “The Scarecrow.” Seemed like something I could get into, a crime-novel. I made my way back to my car, tossed the book onto the passenger seat and started my car. My mind was on the blonde haired, blue eyed girl at the café. I know, she may seem like the “typical” girl I’d date but there’s something much deeper about this one. I paralleled park on the street, the one right across from where I almost made road kill out of a beautiful girl and looked at “Café a La Mode.” I stepped out, pushed my sunglasses on top of my head and took another deep breath. It seemed to calm me down.
“Here goes nothing Carter,” yes I pepped talked myself and headed in for the café.