- Text Size +
The next day, I woke up…alone in my own bed thank you very much. I did have almost everyone spend the night however.

Ella slept in one guest room; I believe Sammy and Jay slept ahem in another guest room. Howie and the wiffey went home at some point after the bon fire. All in all, we had a really great time; after the break down Ella had in the bathroom. But I’m seriously not complaining. For her to open up to me the way she did was huge and it took our relationship to an entire new level.

It was almost eleven when I rolled out of bed, I’m sure I showed off the craziness of the previous night. Hair sticking every which way, eyes not quite fully open, who wouldn’t want me? I went into my bathroom, yawned and started the water for my shower. I had a slight headache from the alcohol, it had been months since I last drink and I felt that last night was much needed. Nothing that a gallon of water couldn’t cure.

I brushed my teeth to rid the staleness of the beer and chips I stuffed my face with last night. I felt the sudden urge to hit up the gym but wouldn’t have time today. Today, we would be moving Ella out of her world of hell. I stripped my boxers off and stepped into the steaming hot shower and welcomed it gratefully. Fifteen minutes later, I was showered, fresh and dressed for the day. I went downstairs where I heard banging around in my kitchen. A.J. was going through the cupboards and looked as though he were trying to make breakfast. Ella and Sammy sat at the counter.

“Good morning,” I said and took a water bottle from the fridge, my eyes making their way on Ella. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, her hair tucked behind her ears a little messy but cute. “How did you sleep?” I asked her.

“Good. I can’t remember the last time I slept in past seven and I got up at nine thirty!” She smiled brightly. “Thanks for the toothbrush and extra clothes last night again.”

“No problem. A.J making you breakfast?”

“No the woman won’t eat. She took a banana and juice and said she was good.” He said annoyed cracking another egg.

“We are going to be busy today. You should eat a little more.” I told her and took a seat next to her.

“I’m fine, thank you. I don’t eat more than a yogurt usually for breakfast.”

“Alright. Jay what do you have planned for today?” I asked.

“Helping us,” Sammy spoke up from reading a magazine that was on the counter.

“Yeah?” I asked

“Why not. Nothing else to do.”

“Good. So how much stuff do you have?”

“Really not a lot. I mean the furniture is all his pretty much. My clothes, some work out equipment, a book shelf, my lap top…” Her voice disappeared and I watched her hug her knees tighter.

“Hey, it’s going to be alright I promise.” I put a hand on her knee and rubbed it gently.

“I need to break up with him, or try to. I can’t just take all of my stuff out and have him come to an empty home.”

“Well, worry about that after we clear it all out. Alright?” She nodded her head and I knew she was still real apprehensive over it all. “Let’s eat and get moving though, it’s already eleven thirty.”

~*~*~*~*~

“Nick, thank you for everything you’ve done,” Ella told me as we sat at her kitchen drinking ice water. We had just spent the past four hours packing and loading up a moving van I had rented at the last minute. She didn’t have a lot of furniture but it was just easier to have her stuff in one vehicle rather than a few different ones. This way she could also keep it in my driveway and unload what she needed at a time.

“Stop thanking me. I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I told her standing up and moving closer to her side. “Did you figure out how you were going to tell him?”

“I think I need to do it face to face.”

“Ella, that’s not a good idea.”

“Nick, like I said, I appreciate everything you’ve done but this goes beyond the past few years. We were friends for so much longer and I just don’t know when everything went wrong. I suppose Cameron’s death had a lot…”

“I understand that but you can’t be alone with him.”

“I’ll call Sammy up, and I’ll tell him I’m just staying at a friend’s place and have her pick me up and bring me to your place after. He should be home in an hour.”

“Ella-”

“Please Nick.” Her eyes pleaded and her hands took mine. I let out a low sigh, looked down at our hands, brought her petite hands up to my lips and gently kissed them.

“Okay. But if you’re not at my place by eight-”

“I’m in big trouble I get it.” She then leaned forward and pecked my lips. I was taken back by total surprise and she was already on her way out the front door. I quickly followed her and she was leaning against the moving van.

“What was that?”

“Just a little thank you.” She winked at me. “Now go! I’ll see you tonight!”

“Okay okay. Call me if you need me to pick you up.”

“I’ll be fine.” I kept my gaze on her for a moment longer trying to read her face but she seemed to know what she was doing.

“Alright.” I opened the door and jumped in. I wasn’t happy with what she decided but knew I had to go along with it. I went home and decided to prepare a dinner for her to come home to a long with a glass or two of wine. She was going to need it.

~*~*~*~ Ella’s Point Of View~*~*~*~

I paced back and forth, nervous on seeing Anthony. I tried rehearsing what I was going to tell him, try to explain and knew that no matter what it wasn’t going to go down easy. I was up stairs, looking at a picture frame that held a picture of Anthony and I two years ago. We both had our mouths open as though we were laughing, it was a day we went hiking and were under the water falls. I heard the door open and shut down stairs and footsteps begin to climb the stairs.

My stomach was doing flips and twists and I stood up from the bed we shared for so many nights.

“Ellie?” Anthony called me by my pet name I hated. It made me feel like a two year old.

“Uh, in the bed room.” I called out and he walked into the room carrying a briefcase and a roller suitcase.

“What are you doing?” He asked, not greeting me with a typical boyfriend/girlfriend greeting with a hug or kiss.

“We need to talk,” I told him and sat down. He let his items in his hand fall and he looked around the room.

“Did you do some cleaning? Looks good. I’m real tired from the trip, Jet Lag ya know? Could we talk tomorrow baby?”

“No we to talk now,” I found my voice and my confidence seemed to become stronger.

“Okay so talk,” Anthony spoke sitting down and loosening his tie.

“I’m not happy where we are. I know you’re not happy with us and we can’t keep pretending. I’m tired of you treating me the way you do, as though I’m not here. The only attention you give me is when you feel the need to hurt me because you think I don’t get things about you!”

“Are you PMSing Ellie? This is ridiculous.”

“I’m breaking up with you. I’ve packed all my things and am staying with a friend,” shit forgot to call Sammy, I thought.

“You’re not going anywhere. You can just unpack it all and realize that you and I are going to be together forever. You’re really going to dishonor your brother that way? You’re a complete selfish slut. I’m sure there is another guy with all this also.”

“No there’s no guy. I’m done putting up with your bullshit and your controlling,” It wasn’t a complete lie. I mean Nick and I were just friends…right? I started to head for the door. “I hope you can find peace one day and someone can make you happy since I never could.” I was out the door and was about to walk down the stairs.

“YOU are going NO WHERE!” I heard his voice boom behind me and a pair of hands pushed my shoulders. I felt myself fall forward and tried to jump the steps I knew I’d tumble down. I landed on the balls of my feet and felt excruciating pain in both of my ankles. I screamed in pain and rolled down the steps. I felt my rib smack the hard wood steps and make a hollow cracking sound.

“Now look what you made me go and do. You know what fine; I don’t need a low life like you in my life anyway. Get out!” Anthony moved paced me and kicked my stomach. I tried to push myself off of the floor; my body was shaking as I grabbed the rail and tried to pull myself up.

“I think my ankles are broken,” I did my best to choke back my tears and only managed to fall back to the floor.

“Maybe you should re-think your decision because you do need me,” Anthony was now kneeling next to me and stroking my hair. “I hate hurting you Ellie but baby you just get me worked up so much.” He brushed his hand on my cheek and winced back.

“Get away from me,” tears of pain steamed down my face. My breath kept getting caught in my throat and I felt as though my lungs were tightening up. Anthony pressed his lips onto mine forcefully and straddled my body that was now sprawled out on the ground. I had been able to fight back in the past but I had sharp pains running up and down my legs and my chest burned with every breath.

“You really shouldn’t dress this sexy, you give guys the wrong impression,” he pulled on my cotton shorts, pass my hip bones and down to my pubic bone. His fingers began to massage and I thrashed my palm upward to his nose.

“GOD DAMN YOU BITCH!” He slapped me hard across the face and grabbed his nose that was now bleeding; I had clearly broken it.

“You better be gone when I get back if you know what’s good for you!” He got up and stormed out of the house. I heard his car start and the engine roar and the tires screeched out of the driveway.

I struggled to get my cell phone out from my back pocket, my hands were shaking. I flipped it open and pressed the SEND button to re-dial Nick’s number.

“Hey how did it go?” Nick asked answering his phone.

“Come get me, fast,” my voice shook and struggled to keep my head lifted. I was afraid of when he’d come back but knew there was no way I could walk out of the house.

“Are you alright?”

“Nick hurry,” I slurred my words and everything went dark.