- Text Size +

 

Brian realized that he's lying in a comfortable bed in the school clinic when he opened his eyes. Leighanne is sitting beside him with that concerned look on her face.

"I'm glad you woke up. We're so worried." She said.

"Where are they?"

"Kevin is still off to his dad's meeting and didn't know what happened to you. Sam and Jade went out to buy you food while Nick is stuck in the school paper's office for some assignment." Leighanne drew a deep breath. "You should not tire yourself too much, Brian. You need energy once in a while. For sure, your dad won't like to hear this too."

Brian didn't say anything. He wanted to pull the time fast where he is already finished college and working in a company who will be paying him a lot that will help him support his family. "I can't wait to grow up and out there, working and supporting my family." He stated.

"Life is a journey where we all have to be patient to get through it."

Brian turned to her. "Did you receive my note?" Leighanne nodded. "I mean it a lot more than it really says, Leigh. But I can't commit to anything with you right now. I need to help my family first."

"I understand," Leighanne leaned down and gave him a full kiss on the lips. "I love you, too." They've been passing notes for a long time now, without the knowledge of their friends. Brian made the first move and clearly laid out his intentions to her and the truth that he likes her but he can't really make full commitment because of his obligation to help his family, in which Leighanne understands. Their secret relationship grew without anyone noticing it.

Brian takes his hand. "When I will be able to save something and be something worthy for you, I will ask you to marry me."

Leighanne smiled. She felt the same way, too, of seeing her future with this guy. "You will always be worthy for me, Brian."

"I love you."

They let go of each other's hand when the door clicked. Leighanne sits at the end of the bed. Samantha and Jade comes in, bringing along food with them. "Okay, we're here. The nurse said you may go out now. Let's eat outside." Samantha announced, carefully noting the blushed faces from her friends. She can sense that something's going on between the two but she'll wait until they are ready to tell them whatever it is.



~~~



Samantha looked out at the sea of faces who are anticipating her valedictory address. Her eyes moistened at the sight of her proud mother, whose face still looked surprised upon the announcement of her highest recognition in their high school graduation. She really surprised her. She can see the happiness in her mother's eyes. She also saw her friends who supported her dream for four years in high school.

Kevin gave her a thumbs-up sign when she met his look. The entire Richardson clan attended the youngest member's graduation. Samantha can see the bodyguards scattered in the area. Her friend's family truly displays a picture of power and wealth in this gathering.

Leighanne's face is glowing as well. Earlier, her friend almost didn't want to attend the ceremonies because her parents won't be around to see her march on the stage to receive her diploma. But minutes before the ceremonies start, they saw the familiar car arrived. Leighanne's parents arrived just in time to see their daughter graduate from high school. Leighanne almost cried at the sight of them walking towards her.

Samantha drew a deep breath. "Mr. Arthur Kiefer, our venerable school director..." she started.

Nick carefully raised his arm and aimed to get a picture of his friend on her moment for the valedictory speech. His father hurt him again and it came to the knowledge of his aunt who dropped by to visit earlier. She's pulling him out of the house to live with her. There has been an argument between his father and his sister. Nick's father was threatened that if he stopped his sister from taking Nick out of the house, she will report to the police what he's been doing to his son. His father conceded. Nick is now moving out of the house he referred his home and will start a new life with his aunt.

He glanced at Jade who's very attentive at what Samantha's been saying on stage. She will start a new life too. Today, she's moving to her uncle's house. Her brothers came home to help her get her things transferred to the new place.

"...Likewise, we have experienced the different facets of becoming young adults: the joys and sorrows of true friendship, the struggle of a young endeavor, realizing our commitments and responsibilities and the fulfillment of overcoming trials and hardships. Truly, being here is an achievement for all of us, something we perceived from the guidance and support of those people who have deeply influenced our young minds and hearts." Samantha continued.

She saw Brian's family: his parents and his three younger siblings. She's inspired to write the speech for people like them who continued to live their lives despite the trials that come their way. She admired Brian's family for being strong. She admired her friend for being strong and responsible for the sake of his family, even in such a young age. Brian is sitting on the front seat, along with the other honor students who received recognition that day. She is proud of him.

"...Amidst the trials we had, trials that almost made us give up, altogether, let's look forward to the next chapter with a big hope. As we leave the portals of our dearly beloved alma mater, let's recall those memories with a cheerful smile. Undaunted by fears and temptations, let's all face tomorrow as a totally new person. Never forget the steadfast and virtues we uphold to be good and proud citizens of our country. Every thing that comes our way will help us to become stronger to face greater things and to be successful in the best we can do. I wish you a good luck in life and in love. Congratulations, graduates. And with this, life goes on."

Samantha looked around as the people stood up and clapping their hands. She had so many experiences in high school and she never thought that the last three months have been a great one. She gained friends after that fateful day in detention. She found what she needed to get through the tougher road ahead.

Friends she knew who will stick with her through every thing.

 

Chapter End Notes:

the first part of the series will now begin ... http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9641

Thanks for reading. ;)