- Text Size +
My mom walked me back into the kitchen just in time to hear the doorbell. I figured I'd try to be strong and answer the door, knowing it wasn't Alex because he wouldn't use the bell.

When I opened the door, I saw the other 3 guys on the other side.

"Kevy!" I jumped into Kevins arms and hugged him tight.

Next was, "Brian!"

After I hugged him, "Howie!"

When I pulled away from Howie I walked the inside to the couch.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as we all sat down.

"We heard what happened to AJ, and wanted to make sure he was ok." Kevin said. "And we missed you."

"Aww. I miss you guys too."

"Megan? Are you ok? Where's AJ?"

I looked at Brian when he asked, "Y-Yeah. I'm fine." I tried to smile and be strong, but I couldn't. I shook my head, "No. I'm not ok. He's still at the hospital, he should be back anytime. He's with Julie. She heard what happened and flew out here to be with him."

"Julie? But, they broke up like 3 years ago." Howie said.

"Yeah, I know. She's just in time."

"In time for what?" Kevin asked.

"Alex heard me say I love him. I told him this morning how I really felt about him, and that's when Julie came back in. She was rude, so I left."

Kevin hugged me tight and rubbed my back. "Aw, Megan. You'll be ok. I always knew you were in love with him. Just by the way you act around him. And the way you look at him. I could tell the first time I met you."

I looked up at him and wiped my tears away. "Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Cause he's with her again."

"I doubt he'll stay with her. After finding out how you feel about him."

"Kevin. He could've sent her away and he didn't. He chose her. Now my relationship with Alex is ruined. And the potential one I had with Nick is gone."

"Yeah, Nick told us everything. We're all sorry."

"It's ok Kev. So how long are you guys staying?"

"We can only stay today. We have a flight tonight at 8."

"Aw. But, it's already 12:30."

Just then, the door opened and Alex walked in..along with Julie.

"Hey guys. What are you doing here?

Brian stood up to hug him, "We came to see you. And now, we want to see you outside." Brian turned to Kevin, "Can you run up and get Nick?"

"Sure."

After Kevin ran upstairs to get Nick, the four of them took Alex outside. And left me alone with Julie. I sent Kat a text asking her to comedownstairs. I explained it all in my text.

When she walked downstairs she walked into an argument.

"Look Megan. I know you want Alex.."

"First of all. You are to call him AJ."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes, "I know you want him. And I have him, so therefore, you're jealous of me. And why wouldn't you be? I have everything you've ever wanted."

"Listen you little bitch, if you hurt him again, so help me God what I will do to your snoody little face."

"Oh, threats now? That's not very nice. Besides. It's not me who doesn't want to be with you. It's AJ. He told me he wants nothing to do with you. We're only here to get his things. Then, we'll be leaving."

I didn't know whether to believe her or not. It didn't seem like something he'd say. But, after what I old him..who knows.

Just as I was about to fire back at her, Kat broke in. "Megan, can you help me with something in the kitchen?"

I looked at her, "Sure Kat."



*****Outside with the boys*****

"Guys, what's wrong?" AJ asked.

All four of them looked at him as if he lost his brain. "What are you doing?!"

"Kevin, what are you talking about?"

Brian spoke next, "Why is Julie here? After what has happened the past few days with Megan, you have the nerve to bring Julie to Megan's house? Man, what are you thinking."

AJ stood there in silence. "Oh my God. You guys are right. What was I thinking? I'm so stupid."

You're not stupid. You're just confused." Nick said. "She's in love with you man. Don't you feel the same way?"

AJ did feel the same way. But, he was afraid to admit it. He was trying his best to hide it. He didn't want to hurt Megan, but he didn't want to take a chance and hurt her even worse in a relationship.

"Guys, I-I don't think I do." AJ said in a low tone.

Kevin shot his head up at him. "That's the biggest lie you've ever told. You are in love with that girl And leaving her now will ruin your life completely. She's the best thing, hell she's the only thing in your life that you should worry about."

"Kevin drop it!" AJ screamed.

"NO! I won't drop it! None of us will! Because we all know that the only thing that's gonna make you happy is Megan. And you know it too! That's why you're here. That's why you had to drop everything and fly out here. That's why you had to bring Nick with you because you were afraid she wouldn't talk to you and you needed support. Why are you trying to deny it?"

Kevin took AJ's shoulders and continued, "Why won't you go tell her? AJ. You love her. You always have. You told me you did 4 years ago. Don't you try to tell me that those feelings just stopped. And don't tell me that Julie showing up is the reason. You don't love her and you know it!"

AJ shrugged Kevin off of him and shot a dirty look. "I'm out of here."

AJ walked back inside, "Julie. Come on. We're leaving."

***********

I heard Alex's voice and walked into the living room.

When I entered the room, I saw all the guys come in after him. I saw the rude looks they were giving him. And I also saw an anger in Alex's eyes I hadn't seen in years. When he saw me, he walked toward me and took my hand.

"Goodbye Megan."

He let go of my hand and took Julie's. They walked out the door and I crumbled to the ground and broke.

Just like that, he was gone. Again.