- Text Size +
It's been a week since Alex left. Nick was still here. He and Kat were getting along very well. I expected them to offiially be a couple within the next few days. This week has been hell for me. I haven't really eaten. Or slept for that matter. Tonight, Kat and Nick claim I'm going out with them. Although I really don't want to, I guess I will to make them happy.

I haven't heard from Alex. Neither has Nick. Kevin called me yesterday to let me know he had called him and Alex answered only to say. "I'm fine."

Denise had come by a few days after he left, to assure me that he was alright. And to also tell me that he had dumped Julie the night he left. What none of us could understand is why he wouldn't speak to any of us.

I understood why he didn't want to talk to me. But, I couldn't figure out what the other guys did. I asked Nick what happened that day outside. He told me they tried to reason with Alex, and that he wouldn't listen. That he was just being stubborn. As ususal.



As I was getting ready to go out with Kat and Nick, my cell rang. When I heard the ringtone I had set specifically for Alex, I froze and stared at my phone. I was too scared to answer it, so I let it go to voicemail. Besides, I could always say I was in the shower and couldn't get to the phone.

After a minute or two, it beeped. Which meant he left me a voicemail. I picked up my phone, and dialed my voicemail password. When I heard his voice, my heart fluttered.

"Meggie, I know you probablly don't wanna hear from me after how I left. But, I just needed to tell you that I'm so sorry. I don't know why I keep leaving like that. I'm on my way to you now. I need to tell you you how I feel. Please, when I get there..please let me in...I love you."

When I listened to his message, I couldn't tell if he meant he loved me like I loved him..Or if he just loved me like we had always loved each other.

I saved the message so I could let Kat listen and hear her opinion. I finished getting dressed, but decided I was going to stay home and wait for Alex.

I called his cell back, but it was turned off. Which more han likely meant he was on the plane. So I hung up and sent him a text.

'I'll be at home.'

I went downstairs to where Kat and Nick were waiting for me.

"Ready Megan?" Kat asked.

"Um, actually. I'm not going."

"Why not?" Nick asked

"I'm going to stay home and wait for Alex..he's on his way here now."

They looked at each other, then at me. "Megs, you talked to him?"

"Not exactly. I was too afraid to answer my phone, so he left a voicemail. Here I saved it."

I put my cell on speaker phone and let them listen.

Kat smiled when it was over, "Sounds like you're finally gonna get your fairytale ending."

"Maybe." I half smiled. "I'm not getting my hopes up. Last time I did, I was crushed beyond comprehension."

Nick hugged me tight, "Well, we're gonna head out. Good luck. And slap AJ for me."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "I will. Thanks Nick. You guys have fun."



I sat in the living room in the quiet for about an hour. When the doorbell rang, I got up to answer it. There was Alex, standing there with a dozen yellow roses. My favorite.

"Alex, why'd you ring the bell. Only strangers and Kevin do that." I laughed lightly.

He chuckled. "These are for you."

I took the flowers, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

After I put the flowers down, he grabbed me and held me close to him. I could smell his cologne, which set me at ease. I wrapped my hands around his neck, never wanting to let go.

As we held each other, he whispered in my ear. "I'm so sorry Meggie."

He pulled back and led me to the couch. When we sat down, he took my hand and looke me in the eyes.

"Meggie. The reason I keep leaving you..is because..I-I'm scared."

"Scared of what Alex?"

"Of my feelings for you?" He whispered.

"What feelings?"

"I-I...Meggie, I feel the same way you do. I'm in love with you."

I sat there in shock as I looked at him. I couldn't believe it. "Alex.."

"Please don't tell me your feelings have changed. Because I've spent this week trying to figure out what I want. And I can only come up with one thing...and that's you."

He cupped my face and gently pulled it towards his. When his lips touched mine, I felt like my heart was going to explode with emotion. He gently parted my lips with his, and I felt his tongue gracefully enter my mouth.

We spent a few minutes teasing each others tongues with our own, before he broke the kiss. "Meggie, I love you with all my heart and soul. Will you be my girl?"

I smiled as one solitary tear rolled down my cheek, which he brushed away with his thumb. "Yes Alex. I love you. I've waited so long for this moment."

I leaned back into him for another kiss. This time, I put my all into it. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist, gently picking me up off the couch. I wrapped my legs around his waist, as he carried me upstairs to my room and shut the door. Stopping only to lock it.

This time I was getting my happy ending. And this time, it wasn't a dream. It was even better...