- Text Size +
By the time Kat and I got to the hotel, we were both sick with worry. I called Q and we met up to try and find the guys. He had spare keys to all the rooms, so we went searching. We tried all their rooms, and found no one. So we set out for the venue.

When we got there, the place was surrounded in police cars and there were two ambulances. I could feel myself trying to hold back vomit. I jumped out of the car before it even came to a stop and ran. I looked around to see who was on the strechers first. When I didn't see anyone, I got more nervous. What if something happened and they couldn't move the person? And who was it?

I could hear Q yelling behind me to try and stop me. But, all I cared about was if Alex was ok. And everyone else. When I got inside, I saw police officers around, questioning people. I saw an officer questioning Nick and Howie. Then, I saw a man in cuffs being taken out to the car.

I looked towards the stage and felt my heart practically jump out of my chest. I saw him sitting on the stage, perfectly fine. He was kicking his legs like a little boy and he had his head down. I smiled at him when he looked up at me. His face grew into an enormous grin, and I took off to him. I pushed through people that were in my way and jumped into his arms.

"Alex! Oh my God you're ok! What happened?"

He pulled back and I saw the look on his face. It was a cross between fear, sadness, and relief. "I'm fine baby. I'm sorry I wasn't there to get you. But, B-Baylee."

"What happened? Where's Baylee?"

"H-he's over there talking to the police. Someone...someone tried to kidnap him."

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped. "Oh my God! Is he ok?! How!? Who!?"

He sat down on the stage and pulled me close. "We were doing soundcheck, everything was going as usual. Then, we heard this heart shattering scream. We all knew it was him. We looked around and saw LeighAnne running off the stage. Then, we saw someone trying to drag him out of the venue.."

He started to get choked up and stopped speaking for a minute. I rubbed his arm as he continued.

"Marc jumped on the guy and took him down, but not before he hit Bay a few times. That scream, Meg. I can still hear it." He whispered, and tried to go on. "I saw Bay hit the floor, and the guy started to hit him. None of us could get to him in time to stop him. Then, when Marc finally got to him, he had to fight him off."

"Oh my God," I whispered. "What happened after that?"

He sighed and looked at me, tears filling is eyes again. "Marc took him down. He knocked him out. Then, a few of the venue's guards ran to help and held the guy there while Nick called 911, and Marc grabbed Baylee and brought him to Leigh and Bri. My God Meg, I never in my life wanna hear a child I love scream and cry like that again."

I hugged him tight and whispered in is ear. "I know baby."

"I'm gonna go see him, you coming?"

"Of course. I have to make sure my little guy's alright." I smiled

We walked over to where the police were talking to Brian, LeighAnne, and Baylee. The officer was speaking directly to Brian and LeighAnne, so we sat down with Baylee. I looked at him as I sat. He had a few bruises on his arms and a band-aid on his cheek. Other than that he looked fine. Thank God.

"Hey Bay." I said as I sat down.

"Hey buddy." Alex said, he kneeled down in front of him.

"Hi." Baylee answered back, he barely whispered it, and he didn't even look at us.

I softly wrapped my arm around him to hug him, "You ok Bay?" I asked. He just sat there. After a few minutes he looked up at Alex and hugged him.

"Uncle AJ. Don't let him hurt me again. Please don't." He hugged Alex tight and started to cry.

"It's ok buddy. He won't. We won't let him."

Alex looked over at Brian and LeighAnne. LeighAnne came over to tell Baylee what was going on.

"Bay sweetie. The man that hurt you will never hurt you again. He's going to prison and he's gonna be there forever. Ok baby?"

Baylee, slowly loosened his grip on Lex and nodded. "How about we go back to the hotel and nap?" I asked Baylee. We can leave the boys here to perform and me, you, and mommy can go rest. How's that sound?"

He smiled a little and nodded. I turned to tell Alex where we were goin and that I'd see him after the show. As we were leaving, we saw Q and Kat talking to Nick and Howie. We told them where we were going and Kat decided to join us. We stopped and got ice cream on the way back to the hotel.

We decided to go to Brian and LeighAnne's room and let Baylee nap. We spent the rest of the evening talking and trying to help LeighAnne calm down a little after a tragic day. We were all watching a movie and I looked over to see her finally asleep. I snuck out into the other room with Kat. We just looked at each other in shock over the day.

"My God Kat."

"I know."

"Why can't we have a drama free day?" I laughed

"I don't know." She laughed back.

"I gotta call Kev and let him know."

Kevin answered after one ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kev, it's Megan."

"Hey, I'm actually on the other line with Brian."

"Oh, ok. Well then I'm sure he's gonna tell you what happened. I'll let you go."

"Ok. I'll call you tomorrow."

"K. Bye Kev. Love you."

"Love you too lil sis. Bye."

I looked over at Kat, "Thank god this day is almost over."

"Let's go to our rooms and get in our beds!" Kat said.

I laughed and agreed. I said goodnight to Kat and went into my room and waited for Alex. Naked under the covers. Giggling to myself when I thought about what his reaction would be.