- Text Size +
The next morning, we met everyone downstairs for breakfast. We were the last ones down, and were late because we got a littl ecaught up in each other. When we sat down at the table, we were tickling each other and laughing, completely oblivious to all the looks we were recieving from everyone.

"You two need to go back upstairs. You're making all of us sick!" Brian laughed.

Alex shot him a look, "Shut it Rok. You were like this with LeighAnne once ya know."

Brian giggled and nodded. "True. But, how about you two at least keep your composure while we eat."

I kissed Alex on the cheek and said, "OK..Babe maybe we should. I'm freaking hungry! I'm craving like 20 different foods right now!"

We ordered our breakfast and spent the morning talking, as if we all aren't together enough, and on't already know every single detail about each other. It was amazing how all of us were so close and still never ran out of things to talk about.

After a little while, Baylee had to pee, and wouldn't let anyone take him but Alex. He said he wanted his Uncle AJ to take him because he was too old to go with his daddy. It was such a cute moment when he asked. He gave Alex that little puppy dog face, which Alex taught him..so really that only backfired.

While they were gone, I felt a vibrate on the table. Alex left his phone on the table. I looked at the i.d. and it said Mom's cell.

I flipped his phone open, "Hey Denise..he's in the restroom."

"Megan?"

It wasn't Denise, it was her husband Tony. And he sounded worried.

"Tony? What's wrong?"

"Um..hunny where are you guys today?"

"We're in Phoenix. Why what's wrong?"

"God, you're so far away. It's Denise...she's..she had a heart attack."

"Oh my God..is she ok?"

"Well, she's in ICU right now. They haven't told me anything yet, only ICU and they'd be out when they were done with tests."

"Oh my gosh. I-I'll go tell Alex. We'll fly out right away. We love you."

"Love you guys too, be careful. Bye sweetheart."

"Bye Tone."

I closed his phone and looked mortified. Everyone asked what was going on, but I just sat there. I couldn't believe how every single time something good happened, something bad happens. We hadn't even had the chance to tell her we were engaged. I looked next to me and saw Alex sit down. He must have noticed my face and got concerned.

"Babe you ok?"

"A-Alex..while you were gone, Tony called...he said.."

"What? Meggie what's wrong?" His voice was quiet, I think he suspected what was wrong.

"Y-your mom.." I made eye contact with him and finished, "Alex, your mom had a heart attack."

I heard the shock around the table, but I was more worried about his reaction.

"What?"

"She's in ICU. I told Tony we'd fly out right away."

He sat silent for a few minutes. He just stared straight ahead.

"Alex, are you ok?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah. I'm fine. I gotta go."

He got up and walked to the elevator. I waited a few minutes, not knowing if I should follow him or not. I decided to in case he needed me. When I got to our room, I found him laying on the couch, watching tv and laughing. He was in denial about it. And, I was starting to get scared of how he would handle this. I just prayed he wouldn't drink.

I sat on the couch next to him, he looked at me and smiled.

"Hey baby girl."

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Baby, your mom's in ICU. Don't you wanna fly out to her?"

"She's not in ICU. She can't be."

"Baby, she is. She had a heart attack.

"Nope. She's fine. She can't be in the hospital."

"Alex?"

He didn't answer that time. I scooted a little closer to him and took his hand in mine. I cupped his face and turned it so he was facing me. I saw his eyes filling up with tears. As the first one rolled down his cheek, I kissed it away and pulled him in for a hug. We stayed like that for quite some time, he needed to let it out. He cried until he could barely breathe.

When he finally began to calm down, I reach for my cell and called the airport. I booked us a flight at 2 pm. It was around 1145 at the time, so we needed to get packed and go.

"Alex, how bout you get a hot shower, and I'll go tell everyone whats going on."

"Alright. Hurry back? I don't wanna be alone."

I walked with him into the bathroom and turned on the water for him. I turned around and kissed him as he was undressing. "I'll only be a few minutes. I'll be back before you get dressed."





When I returned to our room, Alex had just turned the water off. I grabbed a pair of boxers and some jeans out of his suitcase and brought them into the bathroom for him. When I walked in, he was shaving.

"I brought these for you."

He turned to me and took them. "Thanks baby...gotta shave before I can go. Mom loves when I don't have facial hair."

"Yeah. I bet seeing you clean shaven will make her happier."

I sat on the sink keeping him company. After a few minutes of him being quiet, he spoke up.

"Meggie?"

"Yeah babe?"

"What if..what if she doesn't make it?" He asked as a tear fell.

"Aww baby boy, come here." I held him close and rubbed his back, whispering, "She's gonna be fine. She will."

He pulled back and looked deep ino my eyes. "What if she doesn't? We didn't even get to tell her about us."

"She's gonna be alright babe."

"Yeah..you ready?"

I nodded and grabbed our suitcases. When we got downstairs, Brian met us at the door to say they would all be out later that night. They had rescheduled the show, and of course the fans were upset, but they understood. Family is more important.

The flight home to Florida was long and restless. We wanted to be on the ground. Especially Alex. He just wanted to be in his mom's arms. By the time we got to the hospital, we had called Tony and he informed us where he was. And that the doctors still had not come to speak with him.

We got to the waiting room, and saw Tony demanding to see his wife and know what's going onn with her. Well, let's just say Alex followed his lead. They were at the nurses station screaming their demands, with the anger rising. I wrapped my arms around Alex's waist and gently pulled him back to the chairs and had him sit down.

"Babe, I know you're upset, but if they don't know, they don't know."

"I know, but..it's my mom! Why won't they tell us what's going on?"

I kneeled in front of him and stroked his cheek. "Shhh..babe. They will when they know."

Just then, as if it was a sign, the doctor walked through the door.

He cleared is throught, "Are you here for Mrs. Solis?"