- Text Size +
The day after Denise was released from the hospital, Alex had to return to the tour. The first show back was in Dallas, and we were both exhausted when we finally made it to the hotel. The following day was just gonna be rehearsals and a meeting, so at least we didn't have to worry about the craziness of a show right away.

The next day at rehearsals, they were practicing a new dance that they had incorporated female dancers into. They were all nice girls, there were six of them, all claimed to have been fans at one point in their lives. The girl that was paired up with Alex, was a quiet girl. She had long, straight, red hair, and was really pretty. I could tell she was scared to meet the guys, so I tried to make her feel comfortable.

"Hi. I'm Megan. What's you name?" I greeted her with a friendly smile and held out my hand for her to shake.

"Hi." She shook my hand, "I'm Alli."

'Nice to meet you Alli. Have you met the guys yet?"

She shook her head, and widened her eyes. "Oh no. I don't want to bother them. They're very busy."

I laughed, "Busy? The Backtreet Boys? Right now they're probably arguing over who ate the last donut. Come on, I'll introduce you."

"Ok. And thank you."

"For what?"

"Being nice to me."

"No problem. I just want you to be comfortable around my boys."

"Your boys?" She said in a curious tone.

"Yeah, I kinda claim them. See, Alex-AJ and I have been best friends since we were babies, and now we're engaged. And the rest, I've know since '92-'93, and are my family."

"Wow. You're AJ's fiance? You're lucky." She smiled

"Thank you. I know I am. Are you a fan?"

"Yeah, since the first time I heard As Long As You Love Me."

"Who's your favorite?"

"Um..well, AJ." She bit her bottom lip. "But, I'm not gonna like freak out and try to steal him from you!"

"Calm down sweetie, it's alright." I smiled, "Are you nervous?"

She nodded, and smiled a little.

"Trust me. They are the nicest, normal people on earth." I grinned and winked. "Now let's go see em."

I led Alli into the 'game' room, as the boys called it and showed her around. And, as if they knew they'd have a visitor, they were arguing over something dumb. It was over whether Nick or Brian was the best at basketball, they sounded like children.

"Oh Boys!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

They all stopped and turned to look at me, noticing I had a new person with me, they hurried and stood up to greet her. They knew who she was, but didn't know anything about her, and hadn't met any of the dancers yet.

"This is Alli, she's gonna be Alex's partner for the new routine." I turned to Alli, "Alli, these are the guys. That's Nick, Brian, Howie, and Alex."

"Nice to meet you." She said, in a barely audible voice.

Brian walked to her and kissed her hand, "Nice to meet you pretty lady."

"Brian! You're married! I'm Nick." Nick said and stretched out his hand.

"Nick, you're in a relationship!" Brian argued back.

I looked at Alli, "Told you it would be an argument." I said and smiled.

I walked over to see Alex, and sat on his lap. He was watching tv and looked like he wanted company.

"Hey baby." He said when I sat down, as he wrapped is arms tightly around my waist.

"Hey." I kissed his nose and snuggled against him.

"What are they doing?"

I looked over and saw the guys playin two on two with Alli. From what I could see, Alli was on Brian's team. Which meant she'd win.

I saw Alli try to make a basket, and Nick going at her fast. I knew what was gonna happen, but couldn't say something in time. Then, Nick crashed into her, and knocked her to the ground.

I ran to see if she was ok and heard Nick.

"Oh my God!! Alli, are you ok? I'm so sorry!" He bent down to help her up, but she couldn't stand.

"My ankle..oh my God, it hurts!"

She held onto her ankle, then stretched her leg out and tried to move it.

"I'm so sorry, lemme go get the nurse." Nick panicked and hurried out of the room.

"Alli? You ok?" I said as I knelt down next to her.

"Yeah, just my ankle hurts. I know he didn't mean to."

A few minutes later, Nick returned with a nurse the building kept on staff. After she examined Alli, she told her it was just a sprain, but that she wouldn't be able to perform on it for at least three days.

"I'm so sorry Alli." Nick said again as he helped her to the couch.

"It's ok Nick, I know you didn't mean to. But, I hope I don't lose my job."

"You won't, there are backups, right guys?"

Brian looked at me, "Well, actually..we only have two backups, one's sick and the other is already filling in for a girl that quit."

I saw he fear in Alli's eyes, and looked at Alex."

"Well, there's gotta be something we can do."

"Actually, there is." Alex said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"What?"

"You could fill in for her."

"ME?"

"Yes you." He kissed my cheek, "Baby you could learn the dance, after all it's just one. And you'd be dancing with me. I could grind against you in front of all those people and not get in trouble for it." He winked.

"I don't know.."

"Oh come on Megs! It'll be fun! Maybe we can fit you in a few other dances too!" Howie piped in.

I looked at all the boys, then at Alli. "Ok. But, just until Alli's better."

I heard the excitement fill the room, as Alex took me to the choreographer and told her what was up. She agreed, as if it was her choice, and began to show me the moves. After a few times solo, I was able to practice with Alex. But, looking into his eyes, and feeling his breath on my neck, was not going to make this easy.