- Text Size +
By the time we arrived at Nick and Kat's, I was a complete mess. My mascara had run down my cheeks and my eyes were almost swollen shut. I went straight to the couch when Nick opened the door for me. I saw Kat walking towards me, slowly. She was hesitant about sitting down, but finally did.

"Megan?"

I looked over at her and wiped my face, "Yeah?"

"What happened? I mean you just ran and yelled to leave. And AJ was running after you-"

"I saw him.."

"Saw him what?"

"I went to the kitchen to kiss him one more time, and I saw Missy kissing him."

Kat was silent, she just sat there, looking at me. "Did..was he kissing her?"

I shook my head, "I don't know. I mean all I saw was them kissing and i think he pushed her away. But, I don't know if that was because he didn't want it, or because he saw me."

"Megan, look at me." Kat said and took my hands. "That man loves you more than anyone has ever loved anything. To him, you are the entire world."

I nodded slowly, sniffing, "I need to talk to him..I-I can tell if he's lying. Do you think he hates me?"

"No." She smiled, "In fact, on the way here, we were texting. He told me everything, including that when he pushed her away, he saw you and his heart died."

"I hate that girl."

"I know hunny. He's on his way here now. Should be here any-"

Kat was interupted by Alex ringing the doorbell. I looked up at Kat, panicking about how bad I must have looked.

"I really don't thin he cares." She chuckled.

Nick opened the door, and I looked over to see Alex enter. I stood up when he walked to me. I saw his tear stained face, and his puffy eyes. I started to realize, that he really didn't want her. He didn't want to kiss her. He did push her away.

I slowly brought my hand up to his cheek and wiped away a tear rolling down his face. "Alex?"

"Meggie. I never-" He stopped as he was getting choked up, "I'm just so sorry. I didn't even know she was there. She must have been hiding and waiting until you left."

I looked into his eyes, and was certain he was being completely honest. "I'm so sorry." I started to tear up, and leaned up to kiss his lips.

He returned the kiss and moved us down onto the couch. I was working at removing his shirt when I heard Nick clear his throat behind us. We stopped and looked at Nick, waiting to hear what he had to say.

"I'm glad everything's fine now, but you need to go home. And you need to go upstairs. You can mess around in 15 hours and it won't be sinful!" Nick laughed.

Alex slapped the back of Nick's head as we walked to the front door. We stood outside the door saying goodnight.

"I feel like a teenager, saying goodnight before I go in and go to bed." I laughed softly.

Alex grinned, "Yeah, only if we were teenagers, I would probably be going in with you and sleeping with you." He stopped for a few seconds, just looking at my face.

"What?" I asked, blushing.

"When you really think about it...how did we not hook up back then? I mean, we were always together, I mean we slept together for God's sake!"

"I've wondered that myself. How we could never have at least made out once. Or even gone on a date!"

"Yeah, although, I used to tell my friends that you were my first love. Even though.."

"I used to tell people that you were my boyfriend."

We moved over to the swing Nick had to the side of his porch and sat down. We were sharing stories that neither of us had told before.

"Really?"

"Yeah.. when you were in Europe or on tour somewhere. If I had a new friend over and they saw the pictures. I always said, 'Oh that's my boyfriend Alex.' And if they asked where you were, I always made up a vacation story or something."

Alex pulled me close to him, and I curled my legs next to me on the swing, resting my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. He wrapped his arm around me and told me a story I'd never heard.

"You know what I told a girl once?"

"What?"

"There was this girl I was seeing for maybe a week or two, her name was Natalie. Anyway, it was after I left, and I missed you so much, I had a picture of you in my suitcase."

"Aww." I giggled.

"Do you want me to finish or not?" He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, causeing me to giggle more.

"I'm sorry babe, go ahead."

"Anyway, as I was saying." He said, emphasizing his last line. "Well, Natalie flew out to see me one day, and when she came onto the bus, she saw the picture on the table next to the couch. Because I would take the picture wherever I went. And you can ask the guys this..She asked me who it was."

He shifted a little and moved us so that he was resting his head on my chest.

"I told her you were my first love. My best friend. And the girl who owned my heart."

"Aww..baby."

"Needless to say, she left." He chuckled. "She didn't like what I said. And I think the picture I had made her jealous."

"What picture was it?"

He sat up and looked at me, pushing away some hair that had blown onto my face. "That same one you have in your room, the one of you on my back. When we were playing ball with the fellas and you decided to jump on me for the winning basket."

I laughed a little, "That was a great day."

He pulled me towards him and kissed the top of my head. "It was. But, tomorrow will be better. And everyday after that. We're gonna be together, and have a family together."

"Finally."

He smiled and bent down to kiss my belly. "I guess I'm gonna head home. Go to bed, the sooner we sleep, the sooner we'll wake up."

"I love you."

"I love you Meggie. Good night."

"Night babe."

We kissed and he walked to his car. I walked back inside to get ready for our wedding day. I had never been so excited or impatient in my life.