- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
i know it's been awhile!!
As we walked into our reception, I saw all the beautiful floral arrangents on the tables, and the twinkling lights hanging from the ceiling. It wasby far the prettiest room I’d ever seen. We sat at our table, awaiting the toast from Kevin.

Just as Alex and I began to kiss once more, I heard Kevin tapping his glass with a fork.

“Can I have everyone’s attention please? Alex. Megan. We’ve all been waiting years for this day. I remember the first time I met Megan. I knew that day, that you two were meant to be together forever. I just can’t believe it took you this long to admit it.”

I looked at Alex, staring at me, with a tear about to roll down his cheek. I softly kissed his cheek as the tear fell. Then, turned my attention back to Kev.

"Megan, if it wasn't for you, I'm pretty sure AJ wouldn't be here today. You were always there for him. For everything. And I do mean everything. You were always the person to mend his broken heart, you were the one to talk him into rehab, both times. You were the one who has litterally gotten into physical fights to protect his reputation. You're his best friend, his lover, and now his wife, and soon will be the mother of his children. I wish you nothing but the best in your life, and I hope and pray you two will grow old together, although, I already know nothing can break you two apart."

I blew Kevin a kiss andwinked at him to thank him for his heartfelt toast.

"Now. Alexander." He started, smiling just a bit. "You, I don't even know where to begin with you. You're my little brother. I don't think any brothers in history have had the bad days we've had. But, no big brother has ever been more proud of his little brother, than I am of you. You have overcome some of the absolute worst times anyone has known. And we all know you will always take care of Megan, and you're gonna be a great father. I love you both, good luck." He finished by raising his glass, everyone else following.

After Kevin's toast, music began to play, and Alex led me onto the dance floor. Our first dance was to the song 'This I Promise You' by NSync. We couldn't help but giggle when we realized that's what it was, it was a surprise from Kat. But, even though it wasn't my choice, it was perfect.

We swayed together to the music, listening closely to the lyrics, realising this song should've been thought of long ago. I mouther the words to Alex and held him tightly. He bent down to kiss my cheek and whisper, "I love you baby."

"I love you too." I began to softly cry as I looked in his eyes, knowing I would always be safe and loved.

"Ready for our wedding night and honeymoon?"

"Yes. More than you know. Where are we going on our honeymoon?"

"I thought maybe we'd go to London. I know you love it there."

I grinned and leaned forward to kiss him deeply. We were interrupted by Baylee tugging on my dress.

"Aunt Megan? Can I dance wif you? Daddy says you always dance wif the bride."

"Of course little man!" I turned to Alex, "Excuse me babe, I have another dance awaiting me."

He smiled, "Be my guest."

As I was dancing with Baylee, I noticed Alex in the corner of the room, talking to his father. I was getting nervous becasue the look on Alex's face wasn't very good. Which meant they were arguing. I could see his face turning red, and his arms raising as he stormed off from him. I watched him go out the back door, so as soon as the song was over, I thanked Baylee and excused myself to go outside.

I saw him sitting on the steps, smoking.

"Baby? You ok?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"I'm fine sweetheart. Just arguing with my father. Nothing new." He looked at me and gave a half smile.

"I'm sorry baby." I kissed his forehead and wrapped my arms around him. He returned the embrace and led me back inside.

Once we were back inside, we had dinner, talked to our families, and danced to as many songs as possible. When Alex excused himself to go 'freshen up' as he called it, his father made his way over to me.

"Hello Megan."

"Hello." I answered coldly.

"I know you don't like me-"

"Don't like you? Wrong. I despise you. I don't respect you. And honestly, I don;t know why you're here."

"I just wanted to tell Alex-"

"Oh, you wanted to tell him something. Lemme guess..you're proud of him?"

"Yes."

"Uh huh. But, you weren;t proud of him when he was 3? You weren't proud enough to be a father to him? You were only proud enough when he became rich and famous?"

"I know I made mistakes, I just hope you'll give me a second chance."

"Alex might. But, don't ever exect me too. I saw him hurt too much because of you."

I felt a hand on my back and turned to see Alex.

"Excuse us, I want to dance with my wife."

He led me away and back onto the dance floor. "Alex, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For what I said to your father."

"Don't be. I love how protective you are of me. It really shows how much you care about me."

I smiled, "I love you more than anything in the world Alexander McLean."

"And I love you more than anything in the world Megan McLean."

"I love the sound of that." I smiled

"Me too baby girl."

We spent the next few mnutes making out in front of everyone, but we didn't care.

The night was ending, and everyone was leaving. The only guests that were left were our parents, the guys, and their girls.

At around 9:30, we decided to leave to start our wedding night. When we arrived at our hotel suite, the floor and bed were completely covered in rose petals. There were candles lit everywhere, and there was a boombox with a note attached.

'AJ and Megs..congratulations! Have fun tonight, don't get too freaky!
p.s. yes it's Nick!'

After reading the note, Alex pressed play, and the song 'Having Sex' by Boyz II Men came on. When I heard the lyrics, and looked at Alex, I knew it was going to be a night neither one of us would ever forget. It was going to be sensual, erotic, romantic, and very intense.
Chapter End Notes:
lemme know whatcha think!