- Text Size +
Alex and I went upstairs to my room. He slipped into the bathroom that was attached to my room, to brush his teeth and change. When he came out he was wearing boxers and a wife beater. I smiled when I saw the new tattoos on his arms. I inspected them before going into the bathroom for my nightly routine. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, put on my moisturizer, brushed my hair, and changed. I decided to wear a pair of shorts and 1 of Alex's old t-shirts he left.

When I walked out, I noticed Alex looking at the framed pictures I had hanging on the walls and on my desk in my room. They were all pictures of us growing up. There was one of us in front of school on our first day of Kindergarten, and one of me pushing Alex in the tire swing when we were teenagers. And, my personal favorite, one of him carrying me on his back, smiles plastered on our faces.

He heard me walk in and turned to me.

"Meggie..I'm so sorry." He said, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's ok. I forgive you. I just want my best friend back."

He held me tight as we both cried softly. "I've missed you Meggie."

"I miss you. Every day I miss you more. Promise me we'll always be best friends."

Alex was silent for a moment. "I promise you Meggie. We'll always be friends. Best friends."

That night, we cuddled each other. When I woke the next day, I snuck out of his arms to go downstairs and make breakfast. I was finsihing the pancakes when I heard Nick.

"Hey Megs."

I turned around to face him, "Hey Nicky. How'd you sleep?"

"Wonderful."

"That's good. Hungry?"

He looked at me like I was an alien. "Are you seriously asking me if I'm hungry?! Megan! It's Nick!"

I laughed at him. He had a point though. I made him a plate with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Then, I made myself a plate.

Since we were the only two who were awake, we ate together and talked. Something we hadn't done in a long time.

I was taking a bite, when I felt something hit me. I looked up and saw bacon on my shirt and Nick laughing. Needless to say, that escalated into a food fight. I rubbed some butter over his cheek and he grabbed my arms to pin me. We wrestled for a few minutes before he won. He had me pinned to the ground. Suddenly, without warning..he kissed me.

He pulled away fast, and we stared in each other's eyes. All of a sudden, I felt this rush of emotions. I wanted to kiss him again. So, I risked it. After a few seconds, Nick deepened the kiss. We stayed this way until I heard Alex.

"Megan?"

I pushed Nick off of me and we both jumped up. "Alex! This..I..I don't know what this was."

"AJ. I don't know what to say." Nick said.

Alex just looked at us. "Wow. I guess I should've known sooner or later you two would find each other." He said, then smiled softly.

I looked at Nick. I was more confused than ever. "Nick, what exactly was that?"

"I dunno. It just felt right."

"Yeah..it did."

Alex broke our converstation, "Hey, I'm gonna go get a shower. Then, we're gonna all go out, right?"

"Yeah Alex." I smiled.

Nick and I sat on the couch next to each other to talk. He told me that he thought he had feeling for me and wanted to go out. I agreed to a date, because I was feeling the same way.



That day, Alex, Nick, Kat, and I went downtown to shop. I walked between Alex and Nick. They were taking turns wrapping their arms around my shoulder. Sometimes they fought over me. Which made me feel good deep down. It was nice having Nick around. And I couldn't express how happy I was that I had my best friend back.

We went for lunch and met Kat's boyfriend, Andrew, at the restaurant. We sat around talking so that Kat, Andrew, Nick, and Alex could get to know each other. Since we were in a restaurant that had an arcade, Nick and I went to play when Alex's cell rang. We went on the virtual rollercoaster ride. I was scared shitless because I'm scared to death of rollercoasters and bridges..I guess heights in general.

After it was over, we went over to the carosel they had outside. We sat in the bench instead of a horse so we could share. By the time the ride was over, we were making out.

"Megs, can I have that date tonight?" He asked as he took my hand.

I looked at him and smile. "Sure." I said then kissed him.

When we got back to the table Alex was still gone. I looked around and saw him standing outside smoking, staring at the sky. He only did that when he was sad.

"Guys, I'll be back in a minute." I said as I waslked out to Alex.

When I got outside, I wwrapped my arms around his waist and softly siad, "You ok?"

He turned around and hugged me. "Yeah. I am now." He grinned. Then, his cell rang again. "I'd be better if she'd stop calling me."

"Who?"

"Maria. I've been seeing her off and on for about 2 months. But..I dunno. I just can't see myself marrying her. And I'm to the point that I don't want to waste my time or someone else's time, when I have no intention of staying. Ya know?"

"I understand J."

He quickly changed the subject. "So. You and Nick, huh?"

I blushed. "Yeah..I don't know. I like him, I always have. Who knows..Maybe we'll fall madly in love."

He hugged me again and muttered, "Yeah. maybe."

I pulled away from him when I heard his unenthusiastic tone. "Alex, are you ok with Nick and I going out? We have a dinner date tonight."

"It's fine hun. I'll be fine. Maria said she wanted to come up. She wants to meet you."

"You do know why she wants to meet me, right? She's jealous. I know because I would be too."

"Well, she should be jealous." Alex said as we walked back in, his arm around my shoulder. "Because you are my number 1 girl, and always will be."

"Thanks Alex. You are my number one guy." I winked at him as I saw Nick, and felt the butterflies pop up in my stomach.

Alex must have noticed me get flustered. Because he leaned over to whisper, "I think he really likes you."