- Text Size +
~AJ'S POV~

Nick dragged me down the hall after I attacked the wall. I don't know why, but something inside me just snapped. I just started beating the wall, I saw the blood, but even that didn't stop me. It took Nick fighting me to get me to stop. Now I'm in the waiting room waiting to have my hand put in a cast because I broke it in two places.

I didn't even feel the pain in it. The pain I was feeling in my heart was overtaking anything else I could ever feel.

I turned to Nick, with tears obviously not far away.

"Nick, what am I gonna do? She told me to leave. I told her I loved her...and she." I stopped when I choked up. "She just looked away. She didn't say it back. Why didn't she say it back?" I whined.

"J. Man, I wish I could help. But, I think this time it's between you two. I don't think she'll listen to anything I say."

I nodded. "Yeah." I whispered. "I've gotta find a way back. I love her, I refuse to lose her over this shit."

"So you're gonna stop?" Nick asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I have to. I think this time, it's even more clear. It's like..I don't know. It's hard to explain."

Nick nodded, "So, you're gonna stop drinking too right?"

I let out a loud sigh. "I'm gonna try. But, let me tell you. That bottle's sounding really good right now."

"I know. Trust me I know. But, remember. You have Megan, and a baby girl that need you. I'm pretty sure Megan could not live without you."

I nodded as I was called in by the nurse.





After they set my hand in a cast, I went downstairs to the chapel the hospital has for family of patients. I walked in slowly, I don't even remember the last time I was in a church. There was no one else inside, so I went to the very front seat. I sat down, and just cried and prayed.

"God, please. Please help me. Help me stop drinking. Help me finally just put a stop to my stupid behavior. Let Meggie forgive me. Rmind her she loves me. And that I love her more than anything."

I dropped down onto my knees, "I love her! I can't live without her!" I started to raise my voice

"Please God..please." I whispered and sat back in the pue, and looked straight ahead at the candles flickering in front of me.





~MEGAN'S POV~


I heard something outside my room that sounded like screaming and hitting. The first thing that came to mind was that Alex was the person behind it.

After resting for a few minutes, i drifted off to sleep, only to be woken up about an hour or so later when Kat and Denise came in my room. I offered a soft smile when they sat down.

"Hey baby girl." Denise said. "How you feel?"

"I'm fine. I don't feel any pain, and the baby is fine. I just have to stay overnight for observations. Then, I have to take it easy and not do much til the baby is born."

"That's good. We were all so worried about you." She answered, smiling at me.

I looked at Kat, "Kat? Was that Alex out there earlier?"

She nodded. "Yeah, he broke his hand punching the wall."

Denise broke in, "I don't understand. If everything is fine, then why is he so mad?"

I bit my bottom lip and sighed. "Denise. I-I don't know how to tell you this."

She sat up straighter and gave me her full attention.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I told her. "Denise, he's been acting weird lately. And this morning, he made breakfast. But, he wouldn't even look at me. He just ignored me. During my fight to make him look at me, I grabbed his hands. And...he dropped four pills on the floor. Four pills that he was about to take. He's been taking pills and drinking for three weeks. He admitted it."

"Oh my God." She whispered. "But, why?"

"I don't know. He said because he's scared and nervous about being a dad."

There was a silence for a few seconds, then, the door opened and Alex walked in. Kat and Denise got up to leave us alone. On the way out, Denise looked at Alex and shook her head, making Alex apologize to her.

He walked over to my bed and pulled the chair as close as he could to me.

"Hey." He said, quietly.

I looked at him.

"Baby, please say something to me. Please."

"What do you want me to say?"

"That you love me and you'll stay with me. And that we'll be ok." He took my hand in his.

I looked down and saw his cast, then back up ino his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me. For a minute, I kissed him back, but pushed him off soon after.

"Alex I can't do it again! I can't see you like that. You have no idea how hard it was to find you on the floor almost dead. Twice." I started crying again. "I thought you were dead. Do you know what I felt? I have never been so scared in my life. And, now you're doing that again. What am I supposed to do? Just sit here and watch you hurt and kill yourself?"

After I let it out, I covered my face with my hands and cried. When I took them away. I saw his face. He was crying and looking at the floor. I felt bad, but at the same time, I knew it had to be said to make him stop.

"Meggie," He looked at me, his eyes were red and puffy, but also sincere. "I'm so sorry. I sorry baby."

He cupped my face, and wiped a tear away with his thumb. "Baby girl. Please don't leave me."

"Alex." I sighed. "I love you. You know that. I love you more than anything in the world. But, if you're not going to stop and get help, then I can't stay." I said, wiping my hands over my face.