- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
REALLY SHORT CHAPTER! LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!
"Baby girl. I want to be with you. I want to take care of you, and our baby. Meggie, I promise you that I will get help."

I sat quietly, looking down at my hands folded on my lap.

"Meggie?" Alex let out a sigh, and softly asked, "You don't believe me do you? You don't trust me."

"Alex...it's not that I don't want to believe and trust you. It's just that..this is the exact same thing that happened ten years ago. You get caught, by me, promise to change, but then don't. How do I know you're not just saying this to get me to stay?"

I searched his eyes for my answer, but, when I looked into them, I didn't see Alex...I saw AJ."

"Alexander. You're fucking high right now aren't you!?!"

When he didn't answer me, I knew it was true.

"GET OUT!"

"Baby please." He pleaded.

"AJ I don't wanna hear it! Leave!"

I pointed at the door, and watched him leave. When he opened the door, he turned around to look at me before leaving. When I heard the door close, I broke. I let tears just flow down my face, and was crying so hard it hurt to breathe.

It must've have been five minutes before I heard my door open again. When I looked up, I saw Kat. She came to my bed and wrapped her arms around me, aloowing me to use her shoulder as a pillow.

"Megan what happened? I heard you yell, then saw AJ walking down the hall..he looked like he just had the life sucked out of him."

"He-he..he promised he was gonna get help. He swore to me not even 10 minutes ago. He was high. He took pills earlier today. So, I told him to get out."

"Megan..I'm so sorry."

"What am I gonna do Kat? How do I get him to stop?"

"I don't know sweetie...maybe you should just get some sleep. We can talk in the morning."

"Ok..maybe you're right. Goodnight."

"Night hun."





~AJ'S POV~

Megan yelled at me and told me to get out. I guess I can't really blame her. I took a pill earlier, I don't even know why. I waslked down the hall, ignoring they guys and my mom. I just kept walking til I got to the waiting room. I sat in a chair on the other side of the room, away from everyone. I just wanted to be left alone so I could think.

I had already made up my mind that I would never again take a pill, or take a drink. Coming this close to losing Megan, really woke me up. Now, I just have to find a way to get her to belive me.

"AJ?"

I sighed, knowing exactly who it was. I looked up and answered.

"Yeah Kev?"

"What happened?"

I started to tell him everything, not leaving out one detail of the past three weeks.

"Are you gonna stop?"

"Yes," I nodded, "I love her more than anyone in this world. And nothing is worth losing her." I wiped a tear off my cheek.

"Good Alex. Good."

"I only have one problem."

"What's that?"

"She won't listen to me. She told me to get out. She doesn't trust me anymore."

"I'm sure there's a way to get that back. She loves you."

"I hope she still does."