- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
another kinda short chapter!
Looking down at my hand intwined with his, seeing his cast, and the bruises on his hand and wrist from punching the wall, made me think of how much I know he loves me.

"Alex" I whispered. I troked his cheek with my free hand, "I love you so much. You know that, I want us to be ok. But, are you going to stop? Please, tell me the truth."

Alex shifted himself on the couch, wrapped one arm around my waist, and tilted my chin up to him. While looking in my eyes, he softly smiled and spoke.

"Megan. I promise you that I will never, ever take another drink, or another pill, or do any type of drug ever again. I love you too much to ever jeopardize us. I know I messed up these past few weeks, and I wish I could take it back, but I can't."

He paused for a moment to wipe a tear off my cheek, and one off his.

"I swear to you baby girl. I will be the best husband and best friend you could ever ask for. And, the scrapbook isn't all I have for you. Well, it's really a present for the baby." He smiled.

I got a little anxious when I saw his smile as he picked up the gift bag. He handed me the bag, and kissed my nose as I opened it. I removed the tissue paper and pulled out a quilt. I opened it to take a good look, and realized it looked familiar.

"Alex? Why does this look so familiar to me?" I asked, looking at him.

"Because this is the quilt my grandma made when I was born. It's the quilt I had to use until I was ten, and even then tried to use when no one was around. I thought it was gone, until I was at mom's looking for pictures. I found this trunk in the attic. When I opened it, I couldn't believe it."

I covered us with the quilt, and cuddled with him on the couch.

"I loved this quilt to death, and I want our baby to have it so she'll always have a part of her great grandma with her."

"Thank you Alex. She'll love it. I love it."

"You're welcome baby."

We laid there together for a few minutes without moving or even speaking. Then, without notice, I sat up, turned to him, and kissed him.

It had been so long since we'd had a passionate kiss like that. We've never gone more than a few days, so we had a lot of catching up to do.

He pulled away to look at me. "Baby girl?"

"I love you Alex." I kissed him again, "I love you and want to spend my life with you. I never wanted to leave you."

"I love you Meggie."

We kissed for a while, until the kisses turned into a make out session like a couple of teenagers. After a while, he pulled away.

"Let's go upstairs baby." He whispered.

He gently picked me up, careful not to move me to suddenly to protect the baby. I giggled when he laid me on the bed, and watched as he pulled his shirt over his head. I bit my lip when I saw his stomach. It's crazy, after all these years, he still makes me weak when he's showing skin.

Alex covered my body with his, and began trailing kisses over the skin he could see peeking under my clothes. He was well on his way to making me feel things only he could, when I felt something weird.

"Alex." I panicked. "Alex!"

"What baby? What's wrong?!" He exclaimed, while getting up to help me sit up.

"I-I-I think my water just broke."

He stood there staring at me, before running to his cell phone to call the hospital.

After he told them we were on our way, he rushed back to me to carry me to his car.

"Alex. No..this can't be happening. It's too soon! What if something happens? What if something goes wrong?"

"It won't baby. I won't let it." He answered as he kissed my forehead and shut the door, walking around to the driver's side, taking me to the hospital.