- Text Size +
I sat in the chair by Kat's bed all night. I had fallen asleep there and woke up when Alex shook my shoulder.

"Meggie, wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw Alex. "Hi."

"Hey. Hou bout I take you home so you can get some rest and clean up. Then, I'll bring you back."

I shook my head. "I'm not leaving til she wakes up. Just like if it were you here. I will be here for her."

He stood behind me and hugged me. "I understand. Just like I would be here if it were you. But how about I go get us some food? McDonalds?"

"Perfect. Thanks sweetie."

He kissed my cheek before he left. "Be right back."

After he left the room, I looked back at Kat. I couldn't stand to see her like that. And the fact that they still hadn't caught Andrew made me even more upset.

I sat back down and took Kat's hand. "Kat. It's time for you to wake up. I need your help. I'm really starting to fall for Nick. But,I'm afraid that if it gets serious, then it will affect my relationship with Alex...I know I shouldn't be worrying about this now, with you in here..but, I know you're gonna wake up really soon. Right?"

When I didn't hear her answer, I put my head in my hands and cried. What if she didn't wake up?

"Why are you crying?"

I looked up and saw Kat looking at me, which made me cry more because I was happy.

"Oh my God, you're awake!" I hugged her the best I could without hurting the tubes in her.

"What happened?"

"Lemme get the doctor." I ran in the hall to tell the nurse to get the doctor. When I got back in her room, I asked, "Do you remember anything?"

She put her head down and nodded slowly. She whispered, "How'd I get here?"

"Alex her you scream. When he got out the door, he saw Andrew throw you down and take off. He brought you here."

"Is he here now?"

"No. He just stepped out to get food. Should be back with it any minute. You're gonna be ok. They're gonna find him."

She just nodded. "I'm glad AJ was there."

"Yeah, me too." I smiled

"So. I heard what you said about Nick. Falling for him, huh?"

"I think. I'm not sure. I'm kinda confused right now."

"Confused about what?"

Alex walked in the door, just as I was about to answer. "I'll tell you later, ok?"

Kat nodded and smiled at me. Then, turned her attention to thank Alex for saving her life.

"AJ. Thank you."

He walked over to her. "Hey it was no problem. I'm just glad I was there when I was. But, now. You're awake and you're gonna be fine."




A few weeks later, after Kat was released from the hospital. Nick and I were hanging around my house watching t.v. We hadn't made anything official yet, but it felt like we might soon. We were the only ones there at the moment. My parents were working, and Alex was shopping.

We were sitting on the couch togetherm with his hand rubbing my thigh. I looked over at him and caught him staring, so I went in for a kiss.

A few minutes later, Nick intensified the kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and slid his hands up my shirt, peeling it off. He kissed my lips, then trailed kisses down to my neck and started to suck on my spot.

My hands were playing with his shirt, then he pulled back to take it off. I smiled when I saw him. He was gorgeous. We went back to kissing, and he went back to slightly nibbling on my neck.

I couldn't help but let out soft little moans.

"Megs. If this goes too far for you, let me know and I'll stop ok?"

I nodded and he went back to kissing me with such passion, I couldn't describe.

After a few minutes of bliss, my world came crashing down.

"Oh..Alex.."

As soon as the name came out of my mouth, we both froze. I couldn't believe I said it. I couldn't look at him. I just wanted to run away. I grabbed my shirt and ran upstairs.

As soon as I got in my room, I reached for my phone to call Kat. I got her voicemail.

'Hey this is Kat, you know what to do. *beep*'

"KAT! Please call me when you can. It's urgent. I'm in trouble." I siad, in between sobs. I tried to calm myslef down enough for her to hear me.

After I hung up, I laid down and cried myself to sleep.



I woke up about 45 minutes later, wiped the tears from my eyes, ad went downstairs, hoping that no one was there.

When I got down there, I saw Nick's shirt still laying on the couch. I searched around and saw him sitting on the back porch...talking to Alex. I could feel my stomach turn out of fear. I was scared to death at what Nick was telling him. And how Alex would respond.

For years our parent always swore Alex and I would realize we were meant for each other. But we were just friends. Right? We didn't have those feelings for each other, right?

I saw Nick look up, and our eyes met. I could see the tears in his eyes, so I turned around to walk away. Then, I heard the door open.

"Megan!"

"Alex, I don't know what Nick told you, but-"

"He won't tell me what happened. He said I should talk to you. What happened?"

He wrapped his arms around me and held me as he rubbed my back lovingly. I rested my head against his chest and inhaled deeply. His cologne always put me at ease. He pulled back and looked at me, waiting for me to answer. I looked up and was staring deeply into his eyes.

At that moment. It hit me like a ton of bricks.