- Text Size +
I woke up the next morning and saw that Alex wasn't in bed. He always sleeps with me. But, I had a good idea why he wasn't in bed. I got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast. When I walked past the guest rooms, I saw the door open. Maria walked out. Carrying her jacket, and a camera. When she saw me, she froze and got nervous.

"Oh. Hi Megan."

"Maria."

"I was just-I was just leaving. I've got to get back home. Could you tell AJ I'll miss him?

"Wait a minute. You're not even telling him you're leaving? So you just came here to have sex with him?"

"Not exactly."

I looked down and noticed her digital camera was on. And I saw a picture of Alex. Naked.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT?!"

"That's none of your business."

"THE FUCK IT'S NOT! That's my best friend in there you're trying to exploit. If you think you are leaving this house with that fucking camera, you're fucking crazy!"

By this time, I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Nick had come out to see what was going on. As had Kat, who had spent the night. And, Alex was coming out as Maria hit me.

"MARIA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Alex screamed as he ran to me.

"I was just teaching this little bitch a lesson."

"How dare you-"

"Alex, I'm fine." I stood up and pushed her back into the wall. "Give me the camera and get out."

Alex looked at me and asked, "What camera?"

I didn't want to hurt him, but I had no choice but to tell him. "She only came here to sleep with you so she could sell pictures and her story. She has pictures of you on that camera. I saw one."

"Is that true Maria? How could you?"

"I needed a way to get my career started. What better way than to be an ex-gilfriend of a Backstreet Boy, who was involved in a sex tape scandal?"

That made me snap. I completely lost my cool. I grabbed the camera frome her, smashed it to the ground and stomped on it. Then, I grabbed her and threw her down. "How could you?! He's a fucking person. He has feelings!"

She laid there before standing up to ask, "Why is it such a big deal to you?"

"Because I love him!"

I said it. I couldn't believe I said it out loud. I prayed that Alex wasn't still right behind me. I could feel the tears forming as I tried to act as if I didn't mean anyting by it.

"Oh. So that's why. You know, I knew you were in love with him. But, you're just the poor little girl he thinks of as a sister. Because let's face it. He'd never want you. You're a nobody."

I was about to hit her, when Nick stepped in. "Maria. You better get out of here before all of us kill you."

"Oh blondie to the rescue. You people are pathetic."

Maria walked downstairs and slammed the door. After a few minutes I looked up at Nick.

"Thanks for stopping that." I said softly

"No problem. Can we talk?"

"Sure."

"I heard what you said about AJ. I understand. I always knew he was the one you wanted. I just thought maybe I could make you fall for me. But, you belong with him."

"Nick. I can't tell him."

"Well, sweetie..you don't have to. Because he heard you too."

My entire body went pale from fear. "Oh my God. What am I going to do?"

"You're going to go out there, and you're going to talk to him. And you two aren't going to leave the room until you're together."

"Nick. It's not that simple."

"Oh, but it is."



"MEGAN GET DOWN HERE FAST!" I heard Kat scream.

Nick and I looked at each other, before I took off down the steps. When I reached the bottom, I saw Alex laying on the ground. Not moving.

"He's not breathing."

"What happened Kat?"

"I don't know. He came down here after Maria. I just now walked down and saw him. You don't think she did anything do you?"

I knelt down over Alex to check his heartbeat and pulse. Kat went to the phone to call 911, while Nick ran to the kitchen to get the first aid kit.

I looked over his body for any blood. When I didn't find any, I began CPR.

Ten minutes or so later, the paramedics arrived. They began working on him and revived him. Although, he was sill unconcious.

I rode with him on the way to the hospital, holding his hand and praying.



I sat in the waiting room with Kat and Nick. Waiting for news on Alex. I had called my parents and Denise, they were on their way. When I heard the door open, I looked up and saw all three of them running in. I hugged Denise, then dad, then my mom.

"How is he?" Denise asked.

"I don't know. They still haven't told us. I'm really scared though."

"He'll be fine." Denise said as she hugged me. "He's a fighter, you know that."

"I hope he still is."

Four hours passed before the doctor came out to talk to us.

I stood up faster than anyone. "How is he? Can we see him?"

"He's in recovery. He had his appendix out. He should've done this at least a week ago. He must have been hiding the pain. He'll be fine. He's resting now. You can see him. But, only two at a time."

"Thank you doctor." I said before I turned to Denise. "You should go see him first."

"Honey, come in with me. He's gonna want you in there."

I thought to myself as I walked with her, 'I don't think he does.'