- Text Size +
Chapter 5
“Do you know this woman?” I glanced up from the song I was looking over and up at Steve.

“What are you getting at?”

“AJ, you dumped Tatiana for that…woman.”

“First of all, Theresa is not just some woman. And not that it’s any of your business, but Tatiana left me.”

“Oh yeah, I already heard that story.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Let me guess, you took her home?”

“Yes, where she poured her heart out.”

“Steve, you got played by my ex-girlfriend. But that’s alright, have her, ‘cause I don’t really care anymore.” With that, I went back to the song. I sighed and threw the paper on the desk. “I gotta get out of here.” I hopped on my bike and went back to the club, in search of Theresa.

-----
I stopped as I reached the parking lot, staring at the castle. It was eerie, yet, inviting at the same time. I shook my head and walked up the steps, finding the door locked. Well, it was a night club, I’m sure it wasn’t open during the day. I walked along the side, checking out the building, maybe finding an entrance. I stopped as I heard a hissing noise, thinking maybe I was around a snake, but as I turned, there was nothing more than thin air. Okay, yeah, a little freaky. I turned back around and stood face to face with a man.

“Can I help you?” His grin was far from welcoming. I swallowed the lump in my throat, not quite sure I could find my voice.

“I’m looking for someone.” He raised his brows in a silent question. “Her name is Theresa. I’m sure you haven’t heard of her, but she comes to the club all the time, and I was…”

“I know who she is. She’s…around. Please, come in, I’ll take you to see her.”

“Thank you. I didn’t catch your name.”

“I didn’t give it.”

“Frank, that’s enough, leave him alone.” The man turned and sneered at Theresa. “I believe you have something to be doing anyway.” He nodded his head, threw one look at me and left. “I’m sorry; he’s a pain in the ass.”

“No, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“He was about to. What brings you by?”

“You, actually.”

“Oh, that’s a first for me.” She turned as she heard noises from inside. “Um, Alex, it’s not really safe to come to this castle alone.”

“Even during the day?” She walked down the steps and linked her arm through mine, steering me back to the parking lot.

“It’s, well, it’s sorta hard to explain.”

“Try me.”

“It’s haunted.” That stopped me dead in my tracks and I turned to look at her. “I’ll take you on that tour tonight and show you why.” With that, she pressed her lips against mine and left just as quickly as she came.