- Text Size +
(Back in Tulsa)

It was back home when life for Isaac and Julia’s relationship changed. As soon as that weekend was over in LA, Julia was flying to Orlando to spend two weeks with Nick. It was back and forth like this for 5 months. Julia was not the same person who she was before Nick came into her life,as Isaac found out when he got a phone call from her one evening.

(Ring, Ring)

“Hello?”

“Hi, is Isaac home?”

“This is he. This is?”

“Julia, you don’t remember little old me?” Juia questioned.

“Hey girl, what’s up? Are you back from Orlando?”

“Actually that’s what I am calling about, Um, I don’t know how to say this but….”

“Julia, you’re not pregnant are you?”

“IKE… No! Uh…”

“Ok, then what?”

“Um, I have not told Nick, that I’m best friends with you yet…. Um, the guys were joking around the other night and said a few things about your brothers and you, Ike. I really like Nick but I don’t know what to do.”

“Julia, are you really talking to me about this? This has got to be a joke! Do I not mean anything to you anymore?”

“Ike, your my best friend, but what am I supposed to tell my boyfriend? That my best friend is someone who he hates?”

“Yes Julia, really… I don’t have time for your childish games. BYE,” and Ike hung up the phone, almost crying again, he could not believe it. Not even wanting to tell Nick who her real friend was. Isaac had never been so hurt in his life. By Julia dating Nick, he knew soon he was just going to go out with any random girl just to get over her.

Juila felt a little guilty that she picked a fight just to hear Isaac’s voice. The truth was, is that she did tell Nick she was best friends with Isaac. Nick freaked out, and banned her from seeing him. That’s when Nick told her, he was going to buy her a place located in Oklahoma City. He also made a few calls right away and managed to get her a job with a record company there. The record company was going to start Julia off as helper and only teach her more to move up higher in her job. Nick did not want her anywhere near Isaac.

Julia thought maybe he was jealous, but only time would tell.

Julia could not believe what Nick had done for her, in one way she was happy and falling in love with Nick, but in another she secretly missed Isaac.

Julia had just arrived back in Tulsa for two days. Nick wanted her to pack her belongings to move into the condo and for her to make it a real home. Besides from the stuff Nick had bought her. Nick wanted her to have a place of her own, and at the same time, Julia can be close to her own home. Julia had taken a break from packing when decided she’d phone Emily.

(Ring,Ring)

“Hello?”

“Hey, Emily?”

“Yes, may I ask who’s speaking?” Emily wondered who was calling her.

“It’s me, Julia. Remember your best girl friend ever?”

“Oh my gosh, Julia! How have you been? It’s been awhile! Wow, how long has it been?” Emily asked sort of trying to make her feel a little guilty.

“It’s been two months, girl. I’m sorry, its’ just that Nick bought me a condo and we’ve been living there when I’ve been in town and then coming to see my parents and then. I’m starting my new job at HailStorm records,” Julia said happily with a bit of sadness in her voice.

“Um Julia, why did Nick by you a condo? Don’t get me wrong, but Taylor and I’ve been going out longer, and he’s not buying me a condo…” Emily questioned.

“Emily, we’ve been best girl friends for awhile… I have to tell you something but you got to keep it to yourself okay?” Julia said nervous for what she was about to tell Emily.

“Yeah, its okay, you know I will” Emily questioned her.

” Um, well a few weeks after I started to date Nick, I told him Isaac was my best friend. And told him, Isaac is Isaac Hanson. Nick was really mad, so mad that he sort of banned me from seeing Isaac. He thought that if he got me a condo in Oklahoma City and a job there too, that it would keep me away from Isaac. Thats why I have barely been home. I’ve been at Nicks and getting settled into my new condo.”

” Um, wow, is all I have to say. Does Isaac know this?”

“That’s the secret part Emily. He thinks I have not told Nick yet because I heard him and his band mates make fun of Hanson. I kind of lied to him. I know, I know… I feel bad but I just wanted to talk to him.”

“Julia, that’s bad. I will keep your secret. Nick has no right to tell you who your friends are. And even if he did get you a condo and your dream job, please remember us back home. It sounds really bad, but if Nick is not hurting you then I am happy for you.”

“Oh Emily, I’d never forget you! And don’t worry, he’s not hurting me. I am actually home this weekend packing my room up and other little things. I was going to stop in on the boys, but I just don’t know.”

“Um Julia, Isaac has a girlfriend now. Um her name is Claire. She’s a total airhead, but yeah…” Emily trying to sound supportive.

Everyone knew that Isaac was in love with Julia, except Julia.

“Really? He has a girlfriend?” Julia asked sounding shocked.

“Yeah. Anyway, I am holding a party tonight. Would you like to come?”

“Oh sure. Tell me what time and I’ll be there. Is everyone else coming?”

“Yeah, everyone’s going to be there.”

Julia and Emily talked a few more minutes and Julia got the time of the party. She was not thrilled to hear that Isaac was bringing his new girlfriend, but what was she to expect? Maybe if he liked her to stay single for her, she was with Nick now. If only Nick did not hate Isaac then she could be here more often for him.

That night Julia dressed in a nice pair of jeans a brand new low cut top she got whaile shopping with Nick a few weeks ago. She put on a little makeup and did her hair up. She wanted to look good… well for Isaac. Not because he was seeing someone and she was jealous, which she sorta was, but also because she wanted to show him she was doing well with Nick.

As Julia drove to Emily’s, she wondered what type of girl this Claire really was. Was she good for Isaac or just someone to fill his empty heart? She wondered what would of happened that one night at the awards if she told Isaac how she felt. Oh well , she thought, he’s happy with someone else and I have Nick.

Julia shortly arrived at Emily’s. She checked to see how she looked in the mirror and got out of the car. She was nervous, and all because of Nick. She had not seen her gang of friends since… well forever or when she first started to date Nick. Julia took a deep breath and made her way to the door. There’s nothing to be nervous about, she thought, they’re your friends, or well they were until she dated Nick. Julia knew she could get though this night, she’d just keep cool and breath, oh she was funny she thought.

(Knock, Knock)

The door opened, and there was Emily.

“Oh my gosh, Julia! Oh my you look great!” She hugged her friend tightly and was happy Julia decided to come. Hopefully everyone else would be happy to see her too.

“Why thanks Emily, so do you. Who else is here?” Julia questioned.

“Um, the boys are here, and Tyler, Shane, Krista, Holly, and Jake. Isaac’s girlfriend will be joining us soon, he left a few minutes ago to go pick her up,” Emily answered seeing a happy expression on Julia face.

Julia was feeling better knowing that Isaac was not there right away. She was not too sure how Isaac would act towards her since last time she called him from Nick’s.

“Emily, who’s was at the door? Oh my, Julia!” Taylor said with a happy and worried look on his face.

“Hi, Taylor. How have you been? I see you and Emily are still together?”

“Yeah, we are happy,” he said grabbing her hand. “And you Julia… how are you and Nick?” he said, not wanting to say his name.

“Um, were doing great. I’m just in town for the weekend moving.”

“You’re moving to Florida?” he asked knowing that if she did that Isaac would be completely gone.

” No, just Oklahoma City. Nick got me a job at Hailstorm records and helped me buy a condo, too…” she said, not completely telling the truth.

Julia did not want Taylor to know that Nick had bought her a condo so she’d be away from Isaac, so she just said he helped.

“Wow, good for you Julia! It’s great to see you and I’m sure everyone else will be happy to see you too,” Taylor said nervously.

“Thanks, I’m going to go catch up with everyone,” and Julia walked into the sea of friends who she had not seen since, well forever, and was greeted with warm greetings.

Meanwhile Emily and Taylor were having a talk.

“Um Emily, you never told me Julia was coming?” Taylor said sounding upset.

“Yeah, she called me this afternoon and thought it would be great for everyone to see her.”

Knowing Julia’s secret, she wanted Julia to see her friends and how much they missed her. Looking into her living room, she could see her friend’s faces light up again.

“Emily, you know Isaac’s going to flip. Did you hear about the phone call Julia made to Isaac? He was so upset about it, he asked out the next girl who flug herself at him, and look at him now he’s not in a good state of mind,” Taylor said sounding upset.

” Tay, I know. Julia told me… she also told me some things which helped me know that Julia has really not changed as much. As much as I like to tell you” putting her finger over Taylors mouth before he talked, “Julia is my best friend here, I missed her and wanted to see her. Everyone here has asked about her, and maybe something will snap in her. Maybe she will see how much of a bitch Claire is and dump Nick and go right into Isaac’s arms,” Julia said.

“Em, look I know you and Julia are good friends. I just don’t know whats going to happen with Isaac, he’s just really fragile and I worry. I’m his bro, I care, but lets not fight. I think you did a good thing inviting her, I just don’t know what Isaac’s going to do,” Taylor said.

“Okay, babe… yeah lets just go enjoy the party and maybe Ike will take his time. Love you”.

Emily kissed Taylor, and they went into the living room to join the party. It was only time that would tell to what Isaac would do once he knew Julia was at the party.