- Text Size +
"Ready... Go!" Nick shouted. That was the start of a huge water balloon fight between all the guys against the girls.

Everyone had gathered at Brian's house for the BBQ that he and Char had arranged.

"Is anyone else thinking that 5 guys against 3 girls isn't fair?!" Kt yelled as she ran around the side of the house.

"I'm thinking the same thing as you!" Char yelled, running behind Kt.

"Well, I'm thinking that Nick's gonna get wet!" Courtney yelled as she threw a balloon and hit Nick from behind. She decided to run in the direction of Kt and Char when she saw all 5 guys turn towards her.

"Don't lead them over here!" Char and Kt yelled as they hid behind all the cars in the driveway.

Courtney was pelted with 5 water balloons. She screamed with laughter as she ran from the guys towards the cars. She stopped dead in her tracks as she was hit with two more balloons. She looked over at Kt and Char and then at the boys who were standing behind her. "Why are you hitting me?" she asked.

"Yeah?!" the guys continued, "aren't you on her team?!"

"We told you not to lead them over here!" Kt and Char told them.

Everyone fell into a fit of laughter until they heard a loud scream come from Char. Everyone looked at her to find Brian standing behind her with the hose. Char was soaked.

"It is so... cold," Char said as she turned around, "and you are so gonna get it!"

Brian turned and started running, but was slowed down by Char jumping on his back. Kevin had grabbed his video camera from his car, and Howie got his film camera out of his, and the both of them were taking pictures of all this.

The hose was flying around everywhere. As Brian was trying to catch the hose (with Char still on his back), he tripped over it and he and Char tumbled into the pool.

They both rose to the surface and swam to the edge in laughter. Stopping to breathe as they got to the edge, AJ came up to them with two towels.

"Thanks AJ," they told him.

Brian jumped out and held his hand out to Char. Char eyed him carefully before taking his hand and getting out. Nick, observing this whole scene, remembered Brian telling him about kissing Char, and started to wonder if the way Char had just looked at Brian was something more than everyone else saw it as.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone sat around talking about the up-coming tour. They had just finished eating. Kt sat in the chair next to Kevin, the two of them holding hands, Courtney and Nick were lying next to each other in the grass, AJ was sitting in the grass leaning back on his hands with Char sitting in between his legs and leaning back on his chest. Howie and Brian sat in other chairs.

"I'm so excited about going on tour!" Courtney said excitedly.

"Me too! Just practicing is awesome!" Kt added.

"For real," Char started, "I've been working to get here my whole life and I'm finally here and I've never been more happy. I've got my best friends with me," she smiled at Kt and Courtney, "I've met you great guys," she smiled at the boys, "and I've hooked up with the sweetest guy ever," she looked up at AJ.

"I think she deserves an award for that speech!" AJ chimed in.

Char twisted around and put her arms to the side of him, climbing up closer to him. She laughed to herself as she saw AJ's eyes get wider and dance with excitement. "What are you suggesting?"

"Just that you should get an award for giving me a compliment like that."

"So, when do I get my award? I'm waiting...."

"I'm thinking that you'll get it somewhere around... now," he grabbed her by the waist, which led her down on him, and kissed her long and deep.

"Alright! Go Char!" Nick cheered.

Courtney, Kt, Kevin, and Howie laughed at Nick's comment while Brian felt his stomach tighten into a knot and had to glance away.

"I should make more speeches if I'm gonna receive awards like that!" Char laughed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They all sat around talking about the tour until Kevin got serious; "You girls are just gonna have to remember that you are going to see us a lot, but it's gonna be in practices and shows, so we won't have a lot of private time together."

With this, Char glanced up at AJ from where she was sitting in his lap. He could see in her eyes the worries she was now having. It was a mixture of worry, doubt, and scariness.

"Don't worry, baby," he whispered into her ear, "I'll make sure that we get plenty of time for us." Char snuggled up to him.

"Don't make promises you can't keep AJ," Kevin told him.

"Shut up Train!" AJ exclaimed.

"You know it's true AJ," Kevin replied.

"Shut up Kevin!" Kt jumped in, "He wouldn't make promises to her that he doesn't intend on keeping!"

"You don't know him like I do," he threw at her.

"What's that supposed to mean Kevin?!" AJ said in a loud voice. He then looked down as he felt Char take his wrist in her hand and look at his watch. She looked up at him and he looked at the time. "Oh crap!" he said, "We have to go or we're gonna miss our flight." He and Char jumped up out of the chair they were sitting in.

Courtney and Kt jumped up to hug Char. "Have lots of fun and don't get to rowdy with AJ while you're there!" Courtney told her.

"Courtney!" Kt cried, "You don't pay any mind to what she says, Char. Just have fun!"

"Thanks!" Char said before hugging Nick, Kevin, Howie, and Brian. When she got to Brian, she could feel the tight bond of friendship that had grown on them. He hugged her tightly before telling her to be safe, have fun, and that he would miss her while she was gone.

"I'll miss you too, Bri," she told him.

'Could Brian be anymore obvious?!' Nick thought.

AJ and Char left and everyone else left not long after them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kevin and Kt drove back through town to take Kt home. "You didn't have to blow up on me like that, yanno?" he spoke to her.

"Yes I did."

"Uh... NO you didn't."

"Yes I did, Kevin. Now let's drop it before it becomes more than it needs to be."

"No. I will not drop it. I wanna know why you had to blow up on me like that."

"For God's sake, Kevin! Can you not see how happy those two are together? AJ practically worships the ground she walks on! He treats her like a goddess. He wouldn't promise her something that he didn't plan on keeping. She means too much to him."

"You have NO idea what AJ's like."

"Maybe I don't know him very well, but I do know a decent guy when he comes around, and you certainly aren't one of them. So, you can stop this car and let me out right now."

"What?!"

"You damn well heard what I said. Stop the freakin’ car!"

"How the hell do you plan on gettng home?!" he said as he pulled to the curb.

Kt opened the door, got out, and turned to face him, "A wonderful invention called a taxi!" she slammed the door and walked off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's so cool to be way up here in the clouds!" Char said happily, pressing her nose against the plane window. AJ just smiled.

"What are you giving me that big grin for?" she asked him.

"You're always so happy. Just one of those things that I love about you."

"Aww.... how sweet," she said before kissing his cheek. She sat back in her chair and closed her eyes. 'I can't believe we're the only ones in first class! So cool!'

AJ leaned over and spoke quietly in her ear, "Can I have a cuddle?"

"Baby, that's one thing you never have to ask permission for," she replied.

They snuggled up to each other and enjoyed the rest of the flight in each others arms.