- Text Size +
Charlene woke up at 6:30 the next morning to her alarm going off.

"Why did I buy this stupid thing?!" she exclaimed as she got up and turned it off. She walked downstairs and into her kitchen where she found her Chihuahua sitting at the door, wanting to be let outside. Her dogs name was Lil' Bit.

"Alright, Bit," she said, "I'm coming." She let her out and watched as she ran straight to the back of the yard. After a few minutes she went back upstairs to take a shower.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char pulled her UK t-shirt over her head. She was captain of the basketball team at her school. She considered being captain of the UK basketball team to be her greatest achievement. She looked at the clock on her dresser: 8:30, it read. She put on her jewelry and ran down the stairs. She grabbed her duffel bag that carried snacks and a shortsand t-shirt. She grabbed her keys off the counter and her basketball and ran out the door. She took her basketball everywhere; just in case she came across a hoop. She got in the car and drove off to meet her friends for their first day at work.

Fatima was already there waiting for the girls. She had gotten them a job as dancers for a group of guys. "Nick!" she shouted, "would you please stop shooting Brian with that water gun?! And Brian! Stop encouraging him! Both of you need to come sit over here. Your new dancers should be here any minute."

The two young men went and sat down next to their 3 other bandmates.

"What are they like?" Howie asked. There were 5 guys in the group: Nick, Brian, Howie, A.J., and Kevin.

"Well," she explained to them, "I don't know them that well. But I'm almost positive you'll like them. They are very impressive!"

"In what way?" Kevin asked.

"They did a dance for me," she told them, "that I was amazed by. One of them said she would teach it to me today on our break."

"She?!" A.J. asked.

"Yes A.J.," Fatima replied. "She."

"I looove the ladies!" he said.

"All three are girls," she explained, "and I think they just showed up. You guys stay here. I'll be back." She left the room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fatima walked down the stairs just as the 3 girls walked in. "Hello Girls!" she welcomed them.

"What's up Fatima?" they replied.

"Not too much," she told them. "We have a big day ahead of us, so we better get going."

"Big Day?" Char asked.

"Yeah," Fatima explained, "I got you 3 a job as dancers for the Backstreet Boys."

"That's great!" Courtney exclaimed.

"Is it bad that we've never heard of these 'Backstreet Boys'?" Kt asked.

"No," Fatima laughed. "They are really big over in Europe and they've just made it big over here."

"That's cool," Char started, "are they here?"

"Yes, they are," she answered. "They're upstairs. Shall we go and get introduced?"

"Cool with us," Char replied.

"Alright, then," Fatima said. "Just follow me this way."

The four girls made their way up the stairs.

"Your first impressions aren't gonna be very good if you two don't stop smacking each other upside the head!" Kt told Charlene and Courtney. "So knock it off before one of you gets a concussion."

"Char started it!" Courtney explained.

"What?!" Char exclaimed. They were now walking into the room where the guys were sitting. "No way! You're like, two feet taller than me! I hafta jump to smack you upside the head!"

Fatima laughed. The 5 guys were now looking over at the girls, listening in on their conversation and checking them out.

Char turned to Fatima, "Are you LAUGHING at me?!" she said, trying not to laugh herself.

"Yes I am," Fatima replied.

"May I ask WHY?" Char said.

"You sound just like 3 of the guys you're about to meet," Fatima told them.

"Oh," Char said, "I thought you were laughing cuz I'm short!" They all laughed at her until A.J. cut in.

"Excuse me, Fatima," he said, "are these the lovely ladies you were telling us about?"

"Yes they are," she replied. "Guys, I would like you to meet your newest dancers: Kt, Courtney, and Charlene."

"We're probably gonna be around each other a lot," Charlene said, "so call me Char."

"Will do," A.J. replied. "Now let me introduce myself. I'm A.J., and these chumps behind me are the guys who worship the ground I walk on." He took Char's hand and started to bring it towards his mouth to kiss it; being the romantic gentlemen that he was. Char jumped back before he could kiss her hand, and A.J. was suddenly hit with a big spray of water. He gave an evil glare at the blonde boy who had sprayed him with his super soaker.

"Nick!" he exclaimed, "you're gonna die young!"

"Nu uh," Nick replied, "coz only the good die young!"

Courtney, Kt, and Char laughed. "I love that song!" Courtney said.

"Really?!" Nick said, "so do I!" He walked over to the girls. "Hi, I'm Nick." He shook the 3 girls hands and winked at Courtney. Courtney heard Char giggle.

"Shut up, shorty!" she said.

Char just glared at her. She turned around as she felt the presence of somebody standing next to her. She now found herself looking into to the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen. "Hi," the young man said as he stuck out his hand, "I'm Brian."

"Hi," she replied as she shook his hand. She was practically mesmerized at the brightness of his eyes. She smiled at him.

"Oh," he began, "that thing about your height; just remember, good things come in small packages."

They heard Courtney doing a fake cough. "Be quiet you jolly green giant!" Char said. Brian smiled at her before he introduced himself to Kt and Courtney.

The next guy they met was Howie. All three girls felt like they were in love for the first time. He was so sweet and he had the most awesome smile, and they LOVED his big brown puppy dog eyes.

Last (but not least), they met Kevin. Kt checked him out as he introduced himself to her best friends. 'Holy Cow! He must work out a lot! He is fine!' she thought as he walked towards her. "Hi, I'm Kevin," he said as he shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Kevin," she replied, "I'm Katie."

He smiled at her. "Well, I better get back over with the rest of the guys and make sure A.J. doesn't kill Nick."

Kt laughed, "I don't think Nick is dead." She looked to her right. Kevin followed her gaze to where he saw Courtney laughing at Nick. They saw Courtney hand Nick a little piece of paper.

"I wonder what that was," Kevin said.

"It was probably her phone number," Kt answered.

"I dunno," Kevin said. "Well, I gotta go. Howie's giving me the 'get-over-here' look. Bye!"

"Bye," she said as she watched him run off towards where the rest of the guys now were.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was now 2:30 in the afternoon. So far, all the girls had done was go over rules and expectations and the agenda (which included an overseas tour), and any questions the girls might have had.

"Alright, girls," Fatima said as she walked into the room, "the guys are on their break, so how about you teach me that dance?"

"Alright! Time to dance!" Char exclaimed as she, Courtney, and Katie walked into the practice room. They said 'hi' to the guys when they saw them sitting in the back corner of the room.

"Oh, hi girls!" the guys responded. "You better watch out," A.J. continued, "she'll work ya hard."

"Oh contraire my tattooed friend," Fatima replied, "I am the student."

"This should be good," he laughed.

"Hey A.J.!" Char called as she tossed a cassette tape at him, "throw this in for us!"

"Sure thing babe," he replied as he put it in the tape deck. Nick glanced over at Brian just in time to see Brian throw an evil glare at A.J. 'What's eating him?' he thought, 'I'll ask him later.'

They heard the music start just as A.J. ran back into the room and sat down.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was now around 3:15. Fatima had gotten the dance down. The guys were very impressed. Howie had just left; he had a meeting to attend. "This dance would be a whole lot better if we had dancing partners," Char hinted.

Apparently A.J. was the only one who got the hint (being the one that never passed up a chance to dance), and jumped up next to Char. "Let's dance, babe!"

"Alright!" Char laughed. "Down simba!"

Fatima went and grabbed Brian as Kt grabbed Kevin and Courtney grabbed Nick. Nick saw Brian glaring at A.J., who was making char laugh by dancing in circles around her to no music. 'I gotta find out what's wrong with him,' he thought as he took Courtney by the waist.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

About 30 minutes had passed and they were all getting really into the dance. It turned out that these 'Backstreet Boys' were awesome dancers. The girls loved these guys, they were so much fun.

They had formed what seemed to be a small circle. Courtney was the first to jump in. She dragged Nick with her.

"Go Nick!" Fatima yelled as she continued to dance.

When Courtney and Nick jumped out (practically falling over from laughing), A.J. dragged Char in. Char, in the meantime, was busy looking at something else. Courtney saw this and followed Char's gaze. 'Is she looking at Brian?!' Courtney thought. 'That's not good! A.J. is all over her! Be careful Char, I think you have someone crushin' on you!' she glanced back at the circle where she saw Char and A.J. 'getting down' to the song. "Go Char! Go Char!" everyone was yelling.

The music finally ended and everyone collapsed on the couches that were on the other side of the room. Courtney and Nick sat on the smaller one, while everyone else sat on the big one. Char was in between Brian and A.J., while Kt sat by Kevin. Fatima left, considering that today's rehearsal was over.

A.J. reached down and grabbed his water bottle. He handed it to Char, "you want some?" he asked.

"Sure, thanks," Char replied. She drank some before giving it back.

Suddenly, Courtney spoke up, "Char, I know I don't even have to ask you, but the rest of you guys; we're going to McDonalds, you wanna go?"

They all agreed to the offer and gathered their stuff to leave.