- Text Size +
Everyone sat down at the biggest table in McDonalds.

"I'll be right back," Brian said, "I gotta get my drink." He walked off towards the front of the restaurant.

Just as he walked off, Char realized her mistake. "Now it's my turn to get up," she said.

"What's wrong, babe?" A.J. said to her as his eyes followed her as she stood up.

"Nothin'," she explained, "I just can't have my fries without ketchup!"

He laughed, "Oh!"

Char walked off to the front of the restaurant.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char walked up to the counter and asked if she could get some ketchup. After she got some, she turned around to walk back to the table. As she started walking, she saw something that got her attention. She saw Brian looking through the windows of the playland. She decided to talk to him.

"Hey Brian," she said, "whatcha doin'?"

"I'm just thinkin'," he answered.

"Oh," she said, "what about?"

"About those kids in the Playland," he told her.

"They're so cute when they're out there having fun," she continued. "I love kids. What about you?"

"Same with me," he replied. "I was just thinking about how cool it would be to be small enough to play in there again."

"Who's stopping you?" she asked him. He stared at her, somewhat confused. "Come on," she set down the ketchup she was holding, grabbed his hand and pulled him inside the Playland. She sat down at a table and started to untie her shoes.

"What are you doing?" Brian laughed.

"We're gonna play," she replied coolly, "now take off your shoes." She watched him as he removed his shoes. When he finished, Char touched the side of his arm. "Tag!" she said, "you're it!"

Brian watched as Char ran off into the giant Playland. 'She's Crazy!' he thought as he ran off to catch her. He climbed the maze of ladders. When he got to the top he debated whether to turn left or right. He decided to turn right when he saw a flash of blonde hair. He turned right and ran into the next section where Char had just finished jumping across a series of trampolines. "There you are!" he laughed.

"You still gotta catch me!" she said. She took off running as Brian got closer to her. Char ran into a padded yellow section, laughing almost uncontrollably, and out of breath from running from Brian.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Courtney fed Nick his last fry. She wiped her hands on a napkin as she said, "I can't believe I just did that!"

"Nobody can resist the Nick Carter charm," he said.

"That's where you're wrong, buddy," A.J. said. Everyone laughed. Kt got up to throw her trash away. She quickly came back and whispered something into Courtney's ear.

"What?!" Courtney exclaimed. She got up and ran to the Playland window. Everyone remaining at the table looked at Kt, confused.

"Wait for it..." she told them.

"What are they DOING?!" they heard Courtney exclaim.

"Who?!" everyone (except Kt), said in unison as they ran to the window. Kt just laughed.

"Ohmigosh!" Nick said, "they are psychos, I knew it all along!"

"Is it just me," Kevin began, "or are they WAY too old to be playing in there?" They all laughed as they watched Brian and Char tackle each other.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char and Brian eventually got out of the Playland and joined the others. After they were all done eating, they sat there and talked. Char was cracking up at Brian, who was talking like Donald Duck.

"You guys!" she said, "listen to him! That is so funny!"

"Oh Boy!" Brian exclaimed in a Donald Duck voice again as he smacked his hand on his forehead.

"Alright!" Char told him, "you'd better stop making me laugh or my drink's gonna come out of my nose!"

"Uh guys....." Kevin interrupted, "over here." They glanced over at him. He had a small, silver video camera in his hand.

Char quickly grabbed Brian's head and ran her hand through his hair. "For all you fans out there of that show 'Friends', don't listen to Chandler! Donald Duck wears pants! And we should all be happy that he wears a towel around his waist after he takes a shower!" Courtney and Kt lost it. They had tears in their eyes from laughing.

"What?" A.J. asked.

"I actually saw that episode of 'Friends'!" Nick explained, "It was the part where Chandler is trying to figure out why Donald Duck doesn't wear pants but always has a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower."

"Oh really....." A.J. said.

"Char," Brian said, "you made those two laugh so hard, I think we're gonna have to take them to the hospital and get them some oxygen."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They walked out of McDonalds, laughing.

"I am exhausted," Kt said.

"Me too," everyone else said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed. Char looked down at her watch, "Oh crap! I gotta go. Alex is calling in 30 minutes."

"Who's Alex?" A.J. asked.

"Oh, he's like a brother to me. I've known him for years."

"Oh okay," he replied.

Char got her keys out and said goodbye to everyone; "Thanks for dinner, guys!" She opened the door to her car. A.J. suddenly ran over to her. "What's up, A.J.?" she asked when he reached her.

"Uh..." he said, "I dunno if this might be kind of soon or whatever, but I was wondering if you would go out with me tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, sure," she replied.

"Great," he told her. "Is it okay if I pick you up around 6:30?"

"That sounds good."

"I better let you go now. I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he kissed her hand.

"Alright. Bye A.J."