- Text Size +
Char sat in her room, talking to Alex. It was around 9:30 PM.

"...he being good to ya?" Alex asked.

"I don't exactly know, considering that tomorrow is our first date."

"I knew that!"

"Uh-huh, sure Alex. Listen, I'm gonna let you go coz I have another call coming through."

"Alright, bye babe."

"Bye!"


"Hello?" Char asked.

"Hey girl!" she heard Kt's voice.

"Hey Kt, what's up?"

"Nothin', I just called to see what was up with you and A.J."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"Well, he came over to my car and just asked if I would go out with him tomorrow night. He's such a cutie."

"That's awesome! You guys are gonna look so cute together. He is a sweetie."

"So, what's up with you and Kevin?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, don't give me that! I saw how you two were looking at each other!"

"Alright, fine! You caught me. He asked me out for tomorrow night, too."

"Awesome! I am so happy for you! You're like perfect for each other!"

"We'll see about that."

*Beep*

"Ah! I'm getting another call and I bet it's Courtney wondering the same thing as you. I'll hafta talk to you later. See ya!"

"Bye Char!"


"Hey Courtney!" Char said.

"Huh? How'd you know it was me?"

"Don't ask."

"Alright... anyway! You better spill on why A.J. went running after you."

"Nu-uh. Not until you tell me what's going on with you and Nick."

"What do you mean?"

"Okay, if Kt can't pull that off, neither can you. Spill it!"

"Damn, she got to you before me!"

"Yeah, so get on with it."

"Fine, he asked me to go out with him tomorrow night."

"Are we all going out on the same night?!"

"Huh?"

"Oh nevermind."

"Your turn to spill about A.J. now."

"Oh! He just asked me the same thing as Nick."

"What'd he ask Nick?"

"No! He asked me if I would go out with him tomorrow night!"

"Oh. That's cool. Did you hear about Kt and Kevin?"

"Yeah, I think it definitely has a chance."

"Me too. They look awesome together and he seems like he would be good to her."

"I think so too."

"Listen, I gotta let you go coz I told Nick I would call him and give him a good time to pick me up tomorrow."

"Alright. Bye Cookie."

"See Ya!"


Courtney dialed Nick's number. "Hello?" she heard.

"Hey Nick!" she said.

"What's up, Courtney?"

"Nothing much, I just called to give you the time for tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Hold on a sec, alright?"

"Okay."

"A.J.! Would you shut up about her for one minute?!" she heard him yell.

"Why are you yelling at him?" she asked.

"You heard about him asking Char out, didn't you?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Oh, he's over here going on and on about how much he likes her and how he can't believe she said yes."

"That's funny. Char seems to like him a lot."

"That's cool. So, what time do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?"

"I would say that anytime after 4:30 is fine."

"Alright, how about 6:00?"

"That's good for me."

"Me too."

"Well, I have to go now coz Kt, Char, and I are going shopping tomorrow so I should get some sleep. You never know what hanging with them is gonna be like."

Nick laughed. "Alright! Bye!"

"Bye!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning all 3 girls met up at the mall. They had bought a few things.

"Nick is so funny!" Courtney exclaimed.

"This morning I was woken up by a knock at my door and it was a delivery guy with 2 dozen roses from Kevin," Kt told them.

"A.J. is just A.J.," Char said.

They continued shopping until around 2 in the afternoon when they realized they hadn't eaten lunch yet. They decided to go back to Char's house for lunch.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They walked into Char's kitchen. "Eat whatever you want," Char told them as she walked over to her answering machine. "You have 4 messages," they heard.

"Hey Char," they heard the first message, "It's Nick. I've got some strange hornball over here that won't shut up about you, so I'm hoping you can tame him tonight, since I'm not about to do it!" They heard him laugh before he continued, "I'm gonna go now. Say hi to Courtney for me if you see her! Bye!"

"Courtney," Char said, "Nick says Hi!"

"Uh, yeah," she replied, "I just heard." Kt laughed but stopped when she heard the next message start.

"Hey, hey!" they heard, "It's Kev! I'm just callin' to warn you about the wild beast you're going out with tonight. Hopefully he'll calm down before ya'lls date, but if not, BEWARE! Well, I'm gonna go coz I'm gonna call Kt. See ya!"

Char and Courtney looked over at Kt. "Even his voice is hott!" she exclaimed. Courtney and Char laughed before listening in on the next message.

"Hey girls!" they heard Fatima's voice. "Don't ask how I knew you would all hear this at the same time, I just figured I would leave a message on one answering machine considering the fact that Kt and Courtney didn't pick up their phones. Anyways, there are a few rules we didn't go over yesterday. Uh, you hafta be careful what you say in public, be nice to all the fans, and last but not least, you can't date people you work with, so don't get involved with the guys. That's it! I'll see you girls later! Bye!"

Kt, Courtney and Char looked at each other. Char could practically see her friends hearts breaking. Before any of them could speak, the last message came on.

"Hey Char!" they heard. "It's Howie. I just heard about you and A.J. He called earlier and talked for 30 minutes straight about you and then I had Nick and Kevin doing the same thing about Courtney and Kt. A.J. may act and look like a bad boy, but he's great when it comes to treating a girl right. You've all snagged great guys. Have fun! Bye!"

The 3 girls looked at each other knowing they were all thinking the same thing. Char decided to speak up for all of them.

"Don't you two even think about it," she said, "you are not going to drop them. Do what your heart is telling you; not your mind. Your hearts have minds of their own. That's like double the power. You are going out with Nick and Kevin tonight. I won't let you just give it all up like that."