- Text Size +
This practice was being held at Fatima’s private gym. Fatima, being the only one who didn’t know about what happened the night before, called the girls and offered to give them a ride. They all said yes, because they figured the ones they were mad at would’ve said no.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They were all sitting in silence as they rode down the highway. The only voice that could be heard was the one singing on the radio. Finally, not being able to take it anymore, Fatima turned off the radio and broke the silence.

“Okay,” she exclaimed, “what is going on here?!”

Char—who was sitting next to her in the front seat—replied, “Nothing’s going on.”

“Yeah,” Kt said, “nothing.”

“You guys are bad liars,” Fatima told them.

“We’re not lying,” Char said.

“Yeah,” Kt continued. “Some of us don’t do that.”

“Shut up, Kt,” Char threw back.

“Both of you shut up!” Courtney yelled. “You two are being pathetic!” She continued to explain to Fatima what had happened the previous night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“...So now they’re mad at each other and I’m staying out of it,” Courtney finished.

“Well, I agree on that being pathetic part,” Fatima said, “but you both have a point. Although Char did the right thing.”

“Well then how do we both have a point?” Kt asked.

“That rule isn’t written down in black and white or anything,” Fatima said. “It’s basically just for all of you guys’ safety. The boys know about it, too. So, Char did do the right thing and I’m sure A.J. appreciates that; and Kt would’ve had a point if Char had done what she was accused of.”

They were now at the gym. They got out of the car and walked towards the building, continuing their conversation.

“So, you two should just forget about it and make-up,” Fatima said. They were now inside the building.

“She’s right, Char,” Kt started after a moment of silence, “I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions about Brian. I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too,” Char said.

“Group hug!” Fatima yelled.

Nick came around the corner just in time to see the girls embrace in a group hug. “Did someone say hug?!” he asked.

“You’re too late, Nick,” Fatima told him.

“Ahhh man!” he whined.

“Stop whining, Nick,” said a new voice. They looked up to see who was talking and saw that it was Brian.

They all walked into a huge gym. “Well, I don’t get a proper hug everyday,” Nick explained.

“I guess it’s a good thing I’m here, then!” Courtney said as she hugged him. “’Coz now you will.”

“I like this girl more every minute,” Nick said as he hugged her back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The 5 boys and 3 girls stretched out in the middle of the floor. Fatima had received an urgent phone call and had to leave. Kt and Char were back to normal and joking around. Courtney was making ‘googly-eyes’ (Hee Hee Kt!) at Nick. The only guy who knew about what happened the night before was Brian. Char caught him staring at her a few times. After they were done stretching, Char and Kt stood up. As she was standing up, Char caught A.J. looking at her out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head towards him and he quickly turned away.

“What the heck?” Char thought. “Can I talk to you on the other side of the gym, Kt?”

“Yeah.” They walked to the other side of the gym. “What’s up?” Kt asked.

“A.J.”

“What about him?”

“He won’t even look at me. He keeps turning away.”

“He’s probably wondering about yesterday.”

“Well, then why doesn’t he just ask?”

“I don’t know. Maybe you should talk to him first.”

Char turned her head to look at the boys. She caught Brian and A.J. looking over towards her. “Crap!” she thought. She looked back at Kt. “I gotta tell you something,” Char said, grabbing Kt’s wrist and dragging her over to an office that adjoined the gym. As they walked towards the office Char yelled, “Courtney! Stop making ‘googly-eyes’ (Hee Hee) with Nick and get over here!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“What’s wrong?!” Courtney asked as she ran into the office.

“I gotta tell you guys something really important,” Char explained.

“Alright, spill it,” Kt said.

“Okay,” Char started. “Last night after you guys left, me and Brian played Playstation.”

“So?” Courtney asked.

“Brian said he wanted to show me something,” Char continued, “but he made me close my eyes. When I did, he... he kissed me.”

“He What?!” Courtney and Kt yelled.

“Be quiet,” Char said as she shut the door of the office. They looked out of the office window to find the 5 boys looking over at them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The 5 boys stood in the gym, waiting for the girls to come back.

“What was that all about?” Howie asked.

“I dunno,” Kevin replied. He, Howie, and A.J. glanced at each other, wondering if it had anything to do with Char canceling on A.J. Brian thought, “I have to tell someone about last night.”

“Nick,” he said, “can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure.” Nick and Brian started walking around the track that went around the edge of the gym. “What’s up?” Nick asked.

“I’m telling you this because you’re my best friend,” Brian said, “so you can’t say a word, alright?”

“Yeah. About what, though?”

Brian explained to him everything that had happened. “...that’s what I think they’re talking about in there,” Brian finished.

“You kissed her, Bri?”

“Yeah.”

“No offense man, but that was wrong.”

“I know.”

“Why’d you do it? I’ve never known you to move that fast on a girl before.”

“I don’t know why I did it. But it felt so right.”

“But you know how A.J. feels about her.”

“That’s why I feel so bad about it.”

“I don’t know what to tell ya, Bri. But one thing’s for sure; don’t tell A.J. about it.”

“I wasn’t planning on it.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A few hours later, practice was over. The day had been mostly for single practice. Kevin was taking Kt home and Nick was taking Courtney, since they had gotten there with Fatima. Kevin convinced A.J. to ask Char to ride with him.

“Char?” asked A.J.

“...bye Howie,” Char said, then turned to look at A.J. “Oh, hi A.J.”

“Can I drive you home?”

“That’d be great!”

“Whew!” A.J. thought, “So far so good.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kevin drove down the highway, his big strong hand entwined in Kt’s small one. They had decided to go out for ice cream.

“I saw that Char was riding home with A.J.,” Kevin said, keeping his eyes on the road.

“I’m glad,” Kt said, looking up at him.

Kevin looked down at her and said, “Do you think they’ll set up another date?”

“I’m not sure. They might.”

“Will we ever set up another one?”

“I see that as a definite possibility,” she smiled at him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Courtney and Nick drove to Courtney’s house. Nick had taken her home and she invited him in. They were sitting at a table that was on the deck at the back of the house.

“Come sit over here, babe,” Nick said, patting his lap.

Courtney got up from where she was sitting and sat on his lap. “What do you want Nick?” she asked him.

“Nothing,” he replied, “I just wanna hold you.”

“Nick,” she said to him, “I think you need another hug.” After she hugged him she shifted her body and rested her head on his chest. After a few minutes of silence, Courtney felt his warm lips on her neck.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A.J. and Char drove down the highway in an awkward silence. A.J. kept the beat to the song that was playing by tapping his hand on the steering wheel.

Char watched his hand as it moved. “God! That is so annoying!”

A.J. noticed her watching his hand and stopped. “I’m sorry,” he said, laughing nervously.

“It’s alright,” she told him, “that’s just a really big pet peeve of mine.”

That ‘conversation’ broke the wall of tension between them.

“I wanna thank you for what you did, Char,” A.J. spoke up.

“What did I do?”

“Canceling our date so my career would be safe.”

“Don’t mention it.”

“I’m not just gonna drop it.”

“Why not?”

“Ever since I have become popular, celebrity wise, the couple of girlfriends I’ve had only went out with me, and the rest of the guys for that matter, because we were famous and had money.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because it shows that you don’t want my money and that is really special to me.”

“That’s not what I look for in life.”

“Then what do you look for?”

“Think about it,” she explained, “what’s the point of being with someone for their money? The person I end up with is gonna be because I love them. Not for their money, not for their looks, but because I’m loving them with all my heart and they’re gonna feel the same way towards me.”

“Whoa,” A.J. said, “that was deep.”

“I speak from deep down inside when it comes to stuff like that.”

“Well, what would happen if I told you I could love you with all the love I have to give.” (NO PUN INTENDED!)

“Is that some new pick up line?” she laughed, but stopped when she saw the seriousness in A.J.’s eyes. She continued, “I would say that is really sweet of you to wanna fulfill my dreams, but we barely even know each other.”

“I didn’t say I do love you,” he told her, “I said that I could love you.”

Char didn’t know what to say. A.J. sensed this and spoke up.

“Will you give me a chance to show you?”

Char thought about what he was asking from her before answering. “Yes, A.J. I will let you have the chance.”

They smiled at each other as they linked hands.