- Text Size +
Chapter 1
“Do you love me?” A ten year old girl nodded her head while the fourteen year old just stared. “I asked a question.”
“Of course tia, that’s not even a legit question.”
“Thank you Adrianna, I always love your smart ass remarks.” She smiled, making me roll my eyes and to remind me she’s just like me in so many ways. “Anyways, there is a point to this question.”
“And that would be?” I turned and smiled at my best friend.
“Terri, I’m so happy you stopped by.” She crossed her arms over her chest and just stared. I handed her an envelope, as well as my two nieces. They looked at it strangely, than looked at me. “Don’t stare at me, open it up!” Slowly, each one opened their special gift, fingering the pass and the ticket.
“Is this too..”
“Yes, it’s to see THEM!”
“Are you telling me, Resa, that you got back stage passes and four front row seats to see the Backstreet Boys?” I shrugged, but my sly smile had the other three girls screaming and than had them running towards me to give me a huge hug.
“I can’t believe you did this tia.” I kissed the top of her head.
“Well, Adrianna, your aunt has her ways of getting the things she wants. So, here you go. It’s a rather early birthday, Christmas, valentines…all the time present!” Both Brittani and Adrianna went on screaming, running up stairs and into their bedrooms while Terri turned to me.
“It’s so nice of you to do this, chica, but this wasn’t cheap.”
“It wasn’t, I agree. But since my brother passed, and I got custody of those two, I had some extra money. Sides, it’s been your life long dream to meet all of them and you’re one of my best friends. I could not, not take you. Sides, I have to see the look on Bri’s face when Brittani tells him his in the middle of war he knows nothing about.”
“She wouldn’t?”
“Ha, you don’t know that little she devil than. All she’s talked about is Brian this or Brian that. Everyone in her school knows about this concert, even if their not a fan.”

“Auntie, since we’re meeting the guys, do we get new clothes?” I turned around in the driver seat and stared at my oldest niece. She planted a sweet smile on her face and I glanced at Terri, who tried to hide that laugh.
“Girlfriend, you are out of your mind. I just got you tickets and now you want more?”
“If I’m meeting my soon to be boyfriend, than I have to look good.”
“I beggin’ your pardon there, but AJ is a little old for you.”
“Age ain’t nothing but a number.”
“Unless you’re under the age of 18, than it’s a crime.” That had Terri rollin. I turned and glared at her. “At least I’m fighting someone older than ten for my man.”
“Hey!” We both turned and glanced at Brittani, which sent us all laughing.
“If you can behave until then, I might be nice and buy us all a new wardrobe, how does that sound?” The girls in the back cheered but Terri placed her hand on my arm.
“I won’t let you do that.”
“You’re not letting me. I’m doing it anyway. You’re my best friend Terri, just get over it.” With that, I pulled into a parking space at the mall and smiled. “Okay, shopping!”