- Text Size +
Chapter 8
She turned around not having any clue how she was going to get out of this one. Oh, for crying out loud, he heard her! Talk about embarrassing. Well, screw that, this whole night was shot, thanks to very young ladies who had huge mouths!
“Waiting.”
“No comment?”
“Not buying.”
“It’s an inside joke.”
“Does it have anything to do with this war that’s being raged with a ten year old?” Terri swallowed the lump that was currently lodged in her throat.
“Possibly.”
“Being as I’m a star, I’ve pretty much seen and heard a lot of different stuff. But the things I’ve seen, and heard, tonight, really top the cake.”
“Brian, I’m sorry. Neither one of those girls should have done what they did. I didn’t mean to embarrass you at all.”
“You didn’t. It’s, well, flattering.”
“I’m sorry?”
“We know there’s stories, letters, dreams, anything and everything. Yet, to still have the innocence of a 10, or 14, year old to say whatever, and not try to cover it up, it’s flattering. Even more so to know there’s a war going on over me.” How the hell did that lump get there again?
“Well, you’re welcome.”
“Who wins?”
“What do you mean who wins?”
“Brittani is very cute!”
“She’s 10!” Terri bit her lip, fully understanding what he just did by the look that crossed his face.
“May I have this dance?” Gosh, could he keep horrifying her anymore tonight?

“Um, AJ…”
“Please, Alex is okay.”
“Alex, than. I’m sorry; you weren’t supposed to over hear that comment.”
“I’m guessing.” I glanced over at Adrianna who merely shrugged.
“Excuse me, potty break.” Sure, the runt leaves me to clean up this mess.
“She does look like you. And very much acts like you.”
“Geez, that’s a good note for you to see.”
“So, you get my top half because you’re not a virgin?” I closed my eyes, wishing, for the umpteenth time that night, that the floor would open up and swallow me.
“To put it mildly.”
“Oh, I see. Has there been lots?”
“I beg your pardon?”
“Of men in your life, I mean?”
“Boyfriends, no. Lovers, well, you don’t need to know.”
“Should I be kind?”
“Kind to whom?”
“To Adrianna, and let her have my lower half?”
“No! For goodness sakes, she’s 14! She doesn’t understand the concept, or the act…or, I’m going to shut up now.”
“No, really, it’s cute.”
“It’s not cute. This whole night has been a nightmare. I’ve learned my lesson.”
“I think it’s been revealing, but, pleasurably so.” His hands lifted up my chin so I was staring into those amazing eyes. Damn, could I feel my body melting. “You’re nieces are truly amazing, and it’s going to do them good, having you look after them.”
“Thank you.”
“Since you’re the possessive one here, I’m guessing it’s only you I should be asking to dance.”
“You can ask anyone…”
“Oh, no, I’m thinking you’re gonna slay them. Please?” He held his hand out and I placed mine in his.

“I’m thinking our work here is done.” Blue eyes glanced up and into the eyes of her sister.
“I’m thinking your right, Adrianna.”
“They so owe us. Dang, talk about hard work!”
“It was!”
“I don’t know why you would say that, you got to kiss him!”
“But he’s so old! Cute, but way too old for me. Now, if I was older, I would have him eating out of my hand.”
“Brit, you don’t know what you’re talking about!”
“Yes I do. After all, Resa and Terri are like my aunts here!” Adrianna rolled her eyes, watching the two couples on the floor.
“I’m glad we planned this all!”