- Text Size +
When I arrived back home, I walked in the door, dropped my bags, and went straight to my room. I heard Casey calling for me, but I just ignored her. I had't spoken a word the enitre way home. Including the flight, and the car ride. When I got in my room, I crawled onto my bed, opened my cell phone, and called Alex.

He answered after three rings, "Hello?"

"Hey."

"Hey. I was starting to get worried about you. It's been so long."

"Sorry, we got stuck in traffic."

"It's ok, it's so good to hear you. I already miss you."

"God, I miss you too." There was a slience, so I took the opportunity to ask, "Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"How are we gonna make this work?" I paused, "I mean, I've been gone less than six hours and already miss you like crazy."

"We'll find a way...I have a few weeks off next month, I could fly out and see you. We could spend the entire two weeks together."

I smiled, "I'd love that. But, how will I make it til then?" I sighed, playfully.

"We'll talk everyday. Promise."

I heard someone talking close to him. "Jess, I've gotta go. But, I'll call you later tonight ok?"

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye babe."

'Babe' I loved the sound of that. I got up and went out to the living room, slumped down on the couch and saw Casey and Steven kissing at the door before he left.

After Steven left, Casey turned around and saw me.

"Jess? Are you ok?"

I nodded, but still didn't speak.

"You haven't said a word since we got on that plane..please talk."

"I don't have anything to say." I answered, in a soft, quiet tone.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't even think of how it would be when we had to leave."

"Yeah..I guess I'm just stupid for even thinking this would work."

"You're not stupid. Did you guys talk about it?"

"Yeah. He said we'll find a way to make it work. But, he also admitted that long distance relationships are really hard." I felt my eyes tearing up as I continued. "Casey? You know how you said I'd just know?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I know. And it has nothing to do with who he is. I have honestly never felt this way about anyone before. Not this strongly. What am I supposed to do?"

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry." She said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"I wish I could afford to move to LA. I know that's crazy though, right?"

Well, I dunno. I mean, I can't tell you what to do. If moving to LA is what you feel is the right thing to do, then I'll stand by you, and support you."

I leaned my head back to think, I was so confused. I needed a sign of what to do.

"How about we go get some lunch and try to get your mind off this for a little bit." Casey said.

I nodded and followed her out the door, and into her car.




That night, Casey and I went to my parents house for dinner. I wasn't ready to answer all their questions at the dinner table.

"So, Jessica, how was LA?" My mom asked

I was barely eating my food, "Ok." I said, in a monotone.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't wanna talk about it mom."

"Jess?" My mother was now pushing me because she knew something was going on.

"Mom. I just don't want to talk about it, please." I said, looking in her eyes. When she actually decided to look at me, she dropped the subject, knowing something was wrong.

"So, when do you girls go back to work?"

"The day after tomorrow." Casey answered for me. We worked together in a clothing store, we were the assistant managers.

"Well, at least you still have another day off to reajust to reality."

I don't know what it was about her comment, but it hurt. I think it was the fact that, even though she didn't know anthing about Alex, it was like she was saying I'm not being realistic.

I stood up, "Excuse me." I ran outside and sat at the edge of the pool in our back yard, putting my feet in it.

Being close to the water like that at night, made me think back to the night Alex took me to the beach. Where we had shared our first kiss. Where I wish I could go back.

"Jessica?" I heard my mom say from behind me.

She sat next to me, putting her feet in the water as well.

I lookedover at her, "Yes?" I whispered.

"Casey told me. I'm so sorry baby."

"I don't know what to do mom. Tell me what I should do. Please.'' By this time, I was bawling, and begging for her to help me.

"Sweetie, I can't tell you what to do anymore. You're 24. Do you love him?"

I looked at my mom, and sniffed. "Yes."

"Even though it's only been two weeks?"

"I know it's been a really short amoint of time. But, didn't you just know when you first started dating daddy?"

"Yes. I did. I knew after a week."

I smiled through my tears, "I love him mom. I do. I just don't know what to do to make it work other than go back."

"Honey. You know you can't just pack up and move to Los Angeles. I want you to be happy, but you have to be rational about it."

I shot her a look, "How is moving to the city where the man I love lives irrational?"

"Sweetheart, I know you want to be with him. But, what will you do for money? Where will you live?"

"I'd find a job. And, I could stay in a hotel until I found an apartment. Or I could stay with him."

"Jessica." She stood up. "I want you to be happy, but, what you're thinking is just crazy." She said and walked inside.



After dinner, I was on my way home when Alex called.

"Hey." I said

"Hey babe. Whatcha up to?"

"Driving home from my parents house. Boy was tonight fun. And I mean that as sarcastically as I can."

"I'm sorry sweetie. What happened?"

"I fell apart during dinner. Then, went outside to be alone, and sat by the pool. Well, that just made me think of the night you took me to the beach..."

"Ohh..I'm sorry. I wish you were here. Or I was there. At this point I don;t care where I am as long as I'm with you."

"I know."

"Can I tell you something?"

"What?"

"You are honestly the only girl I've ever felt completely comfortable with. It's like I can be myself, and not worry about you not liking it. I feel like I can tell you anything, and trust you 100%, and not have to worry about you using me. You are exactly like me in so many ways. We like all the same things, you know?"

"Yeah. I know. I feel the exact same way. I've had relationships in my past, but I've never felt about someone like I do you."

"Same here. I can't wait til next month to see you again."

"God me too."

We stayed on the phone for the rest of the night. When we hung up, I looked at my call timer, 4 hours 52 minutes, and 34 seconds. It was 1:30, so I decided to just go to bed and try to sleep. I laid there trying to think of how to get in his arms without quitting my job and being 'rational' as my mother put it.
Chapter End Notes:
thanks for your reviews! im really starting to get into this one!!