- Text Size +
Chapter 4
“Oh, Alex, you have no idea what you’re wishing for.” He grabbed my hand and gently held it within his.

“I just want to get to know you better.” He frowned as he felt his phone vibrate. “Excuse me.” I nodded while he grabbed his phone, frowned, and quickly slid it open.
“What can I do for you, man?” I tuned him out, not wanting to listen in on the conversation, even if it was just AJ’s side. Or, that was until I heard him mention Nick. Mentally, I shivered. I couldn’t place it, but something about Nick just did not settle. And maybe it was because he came on way to strong. I had never liked men like that. AJ quickly hung up and smiled at me. “That was Nick.”

“Oh, yeah, what did he want?”

“Wants me to meet up with him after my lunch date.”

“Than should we hurry and eat?”

“Hell no. Blondie’s ass can wait.” I busted out laughing.

“Blondie’s ass huh?”

“I’m enjoying the company of a beautiful woman. He’s done it to me, so turn around is fair play.”

-----
I walked out to my car, smiling as Alex grabbed my keys and quickly opened the door.

“This was fun Theresa.”

“Thank you, it was.”

“Can we do it again?” Oh, why did I fall for these types of guys? They were sweet, charming, cute, but they would break my heart, they always did. “I won’t take no for an answer.”

“Oh, mister Alex, isn’t that just a tad demanding?” He shrugged, and that simple movement looked even more adorable on him. Hell, why was I fighing it? I knew my answer would be yes, always yes. “I suppose we can do it again. After all, you’re just too damn adorable to say no too.”

“Just adorable?” The look that crossed his face was priceless.

“Okay, maybe a tad cute.” His arms crossed his chest and his eyebrow rose up.

“You know, my fans tend to find me hot, sexy, gorgeous, unbelievable even.”

“Than I say your fans need glasses, and maybe some mental tests.” I couldn’t stop the grin as his eyes opened wide. Damn, his eyes were amazing, why did he always have to cover them up? “Oh, don’t go having a heart attack. Fine, fine, okay, you’re cute. But sexy and all that…” His arms quickly snaked around my waist, tugging me tight against his body.

“Say it.”

“Nope, and give you the satisfaction? Never!”

“Woman, don’t make me hurt you.”

“And I’m so worried over the big bad wolf.” Without a moment’s pause, and without thinking about it, his lips crushed mine. My arms wrapped around his neck, holding on for dear life. Goodness gracious, those damn things were illegal, they just had to be, and I know it. They couldn’t possibly feel that damn good and be considered good for you. He finally pulled away, his breathing hard as he rested his forehead against mine.

“Say it.” I smirked as I stared into his eyes. I quickly pressed against his lips once more, pulling away moments later and getting into my car. I started it, rolled my window down and waved.

“NEVER!” I threw him a wink and another wave as I left the parking lot.

-----
“Did you have a good time?”

“Yes I did Nick, thank you.”

“So, who’s the lucky bimbo this time?” AJ glanced over at Howie and rolled his eyes.

“Man, she’s not a bimbo. I actually had an enjoyable time with Theresa.”

“Brian’s Theresa?”

“I didn’t know Brian controlled her D.”

“He doesn’t. Look, don’t get yourself mixed up in that. She’s…I don’t care for her.”

“Yeah, I sorta figured that out the other night. Wanna explain why?” Howie shrugged, not going to answer the question. Nor did he need to, ‘cause Nick butted right on in.

“Dude, she’s fine.”

“She’s sweet too.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Did you hit it up yet?”

“Man, not everything is about sex.”

“You said that? You taught me everything I know, J!” With that, AJ plopped down on the couch and glanced at Nick.

“Not that. And I never said that. I’m looking for love, always have been.”

“Right. Did someone mention to this sweet thing just how many relationships you’ve been in and out of?”

“No. No one needs to either. Now, Nick, just let it go.”

“Are you dating her?”

“Not officially, no.”

“Good, than she’s still free.”

“Nick, let it go.”

“Nope. She’s still free game. Deal with it. And when I land her, I’ll brag about how sweet she was.”

“Nick, I’m not telling you again. Theresa isn’t the one you sleep with and forget about it. She’s classy.”

“She’s a phony and I suggest you don’t get mixed up with a damn thieving liar like her!”