- Text Size +
Chapter 9
“Did you have fun?” I turned on the light by my couch and smiled.

“Yeah, I guess I did.”

“Told ya. And I also told you I wouldn’t leave your side, which, kept Nick at bay, right?”

“I’m guessing.” I sat down on the couch and AJ took the seat right next to me.

“Although, I wouldn’t have minded if you got in the pool, ya know?”

“Please, the recording I took of the five of you is going up on youtube right away.” AJ rolled his eyes as he rested his arm on the back of the couch.

“No one said you were mean.”

“Nope, just evil, remember?” He laughed, his fingers brushing the hair out of my face.

“Definitely remember, and totally love it.” His eyes held mine, and in them, I saw the desire flare up. His head inched closer and his lips brushed mine. I sighed, leaning my body against his as my arms wrapped around his waist. His lips became intense, seeking, demanding, and I was more than willing to give in. His hand entangled itself in my hair, while the other wrapped around my waist, drawing my closer, if that was even possible. His tongue ran along my lower lip, asking for permission, and who was I to deny? His hand reached up, under my shirt and gently caressed my breast, making that wake up call in my head go off. I pulled back, shocked at not just my desire, but at the way he was breaking down a wall I thought I held up pretty tightly. “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be.”

“It’s too much, too soon, I know. Please…”

“Alex, hush.” I placed my finger on his lips and smiled. “It is soon, at least sooner than what I’d like. But, wait.” I saw the look and had to smile yet again. “It’s not just on you. I’m sorry, I never wanted to make it seem like I’m easy…”

“Your not.”

“Thank you. But, there’s this, I mean, I’m…”

“Theresa, you may have that devil inside, but I know, you’re a good girl. It’s actually refreshing to have a girl not throw themselves at you. Even more so to know you want to wait.” And would have ever thought Alexander McLean would utter those words? And wasn’t it awesome that he was willing to wait because I wanted to wait?

“Has anyone ever made you wait?” He tilted his head to the side and tapped his fingers against my thigh.

“Um, ya know, I can’t really remember ever waiting. At least not a long time. A few days maybe.” I couldn’t help it, I just busted out laughing. “But that’s not to say I wouldn’t wait. I know it’s still pretty early on here, but there’s something about you that I’ve never seen in any other woman I’ve been with. From that first night, you captured my attention, and I’m still pretty into you. You’re funny, smart, cute, and true to your self and what you believe in. I would be more than a fool to let you go. But probably an even bigger one to push you into something we might both regret. One of the best things I like is your morals; I wouldn’t want to compromise them.” Ugh, how dare he be so sweet! I was trying to stay true to those morals too! He saw the look written all of my face and smiled. “Are you gonna call me sexy now?” I leaned as close to his lips as I could.

“Never.” I whispered against them, lightly pressing my lips against his.

-----
“Wake up!” I peeked one eye open, glanced up at AJ and groaned. I pulled the covers back over my head. “Oh no you don’t, time to rise and shine.”

“Alex, sweetie, it’s Sunday, and it’s currently,” I peeked at my clock by my bed and freaked. “It’s only 8:03, why are you here? Better yet, how the hell did you get in?” Okay, that woke me up for damn sure.

“Your key.”

“Pardon?”

“Your key.”

“How did you get my key?”

“Well, when we were kissing goodnight, I sorta took it.”

“ALEXANDER!”

“But, I wanted to do a surprise, so it’s not like I robbed the place ya know.” I groaned once more, pulling the covers up around my neck.

“It’s eight, I need more sleep. Someone decided to keep my up to half past three this morning.” He cringed but laid down on the bed next to me, his chin resting on my shoulder.

“You’ll like it, I promise?”

“Does it involve a gold necklace with a ruby attached?”

“No.”

“Than maybe earrings? A ring?”

“No.”

“Than I’m not getting out of bed yet.” He laughed, yanked the covers off of me and smacked my ass.

“Get out of bed. I made breakfast.” My jaw dropped open. Alex cooked? For me? Was I still dreaming? He shook his head and walked towards my bedroom door. “I have a few things left to do, so brush your teeth and afterwards, you can take your shower.”

“But I have church...” I paused, and actually took in his attire. Slacks, white dress shirt, open vest, black hat and no shades.

“Thought I would go with you.” For the second time in less than two minutes, my jaw dropped open. He walked back over to me, put his finger under my chin and shut it.

“Didn’t think I had that effect on woman.” I smirked as I winked at him.

“You just don’t know. Now, go, finish, before you burn my place down.”

-----
“Are the two new lovebirds coming?” Brian glanced at LeighAnne and shrugged.

“I’m not sure. AJ was talking about having plans with Resa.”

“Like what?”

“I think he said something about making her breakfast, taking her to church…” At that, Howie snorted and everyone glanced at him.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“Why don’t you like her?”

“I just don’t Bri.”

“You don’t know her.” Kevin quickly glanced at D, who only tossed a look his way before he shrugged.

“I know about her, and the liar that she is. I know the destruction she leaves behind.”

“How…”

“I know about her damn it! Leave it hell alone already! If the person that knows won’t tell you, believe me, I won’t either!”