- Text Size +
Three Loves One Heart

Prologue
Back in high school I had met this great guy. Our only problem was the grades we were in and our age differences. But let me tell you a little about us and what we were like back then. His name was Alexander McLean; but we called him Alex or AJ for short. He was fifteen years old and a freshman. He was liked by most of the girls because of his charm and sense of humor. Alex was in the drama club, the school choir and did quite a few school plays. Myself, I was eighteen, a senior and I was the outcast of my class but I was popular (go figure). I was also in the school choir, on the cheerleading squad till I dropped out, played some sports, and (No way was I a jock) I also did a few school plays. Anyways, I was way to shy to do much of anything so I kept to myself most of the time, till it came to Alex. Alex and I meet in the weirdest way. The school bus. You’re probably thinking why a senior would be on the school bus with a bunch of underclassman. I ask myself that same question. Well my car was in the shop getting fixed. To get on to how we met. I was three stops before his and I was sitting in the second seat behind the driver. When he got on, the bus was full so he asked if he could sit next to me. I said sure and moved my backpack. We started talking every morning on the bus for a week, and then I got my car back. From then on I started picking him up for school from his place and we just went from there. We kept our relationship private because of our age. The only people who we where able to tell were our parents. Our moms were thrilled that we were together, but my dad wasn’t too happy about it. He wasn’t thrilled with the people I hung out with and he wasn’t thrilled that I was dating someone three years younger then me. But we were happy together that’s all that mattered.

Alex and I talked about everything from what happened at school that day to personal problems in our life. He was the only guy and only friend I could talk to about my personal things. I had a lot of problems with my family and whenever things got to the point where my dad went overboard with his temper I would spend weeks staying at Alex’s house. Anyways, Alex and I had a few classes together, like drama, choir and study hall. Our three favorite classes we could spend time together. I remember one particular day he came running into my English class yelling that he just made it into the group he’d been trying to get into. I slumped into my chair and blushed, but I was happy for him. Of course that’s when everyone found out about us. But we didn’t care after that point.

A year into our relationship we were in his room getting him ready to leave with the Backstreet Boys. (They named after an old market place.) I sat on his bed holding his pillow while he packed his suitcase. “Alex, will I ever see you again?” I asked as a tear fell. “What are you talking about? Of course you’ll see me again. You’re my girl and I love you.” He said sitting down, moving the pillow and placing his arms around me. “I know, but with everything that you’ll be doing now I won’t see you as much. We don’t even know when you’ll be back.” “Hey, I’ve got a thought. I’ll come back and see you when I graduate.” He said with a smile. “But you’re going to be on tour?” “Wherever I am in the world I plan on graduating with my class. I want you to be there. Will you be there for me?” He said leaning in for a kiss. “Of course I’ll be there for you.” I said before kissing him back. “Alex, it’s time to go!” His mom yelled from the front room as we stood up. Then I stopped to look at him. “I’ll miss you.” I said as more tears just fell. “Baby, I’m not gone forever. You’ll see me soon.” He said wiping my tears. “I know. But...” “But nothing. I want you to smile and say you’ll be there for me hundred percent.” “Okay.” I whispered forcing a smile. He pulled me into a hug and just held me tight. “Alexander James!” His mother yelled again. “Coming!” He said rolling his eyes. Then we headed down with his luggage in tow.

Two years later at his graduation party I saw him talking to his grandmother. He looked happy with his family around, so I tried staying out of his way, but he wouldn’t let me. “What’s wrong?” He asked walking over. “Alex, you know I love you right?” “Of course. I love you too.” He said looking at me confused. “I don’t...” I started trailing in my words because I didn’t know how to tell him. “Ally, what are you trying to say?” I stood there looking at him before I spoke. “I don’t think... I don’t know how to say this.” “Just say it. Whatever it is.” I stood there a moment. “I think I’m breaking up with you.” I said turning and headed up stairs so he wouldn’t see the tears falling down my face in buckets. Alex just stood there for a moment with a loss of words, then ran up after me. When he found me I was sitting on his bed crying hard. “Why? I thought everything we had was perfect.” He said sitting next to me and wiping my face with his sleeve. “We’ve been together sense I was fifteen and you were what, eighteen?” He started. “Now I’m twenty-one and you’re eighteen. But it’s not the ages I’m worried about.” I said. “What is it then?” “I never see you. You have girls flaunting and trying to get a piece of whatever they can get their hands on...” I paused and swallowed the lump I had in my throat. “I just don’t want that. I’m sorry.” I said placing my hand on his. “I understand. I’m sorry too.” He said as I looked into his eyes. He then got up to go back down stairs. “Alex.” “Yeah, Allison.” He said turning to look at me. “I want you to do something for me.” “What’s that?” “I want you to make love to me one last time before you leave.” He looked at me in shock. “Are you sure?” He said sitting back down and I looked up at him hurt. “Don’t you want too?” “I-I do. But...” “Alex I need you to touch me.” I said biting my lower lip. I got up slowly and moved closer to him. Then I ran my hands through his hair, as he closed his eyes. Then I pressed my lips to his in a warm and gentle kiss. I soon felt his tongue enter my mouth and his hands exploring my body. He carefully laid me down on then bed and he crawled on top of me. “Are you sure you wanna do this?” He asked. “Yeah, I’m sure.” That was the last time Alex and I made love. The next morning we were up at five am getting him ready for his flight back to Germany.

Eight months later I had finally got up the nerve to call him. “Hello?” “Hi Alex.” “Hey, what’s going on?” “I need to tell you something and I don’t know how you’re going to react.” I said nervously. “Okay, what is it?” I was so nervous about telling him. “I’m eight months pregnant.” I said. Wow that wasn’t as hard as I thought. That’s when I heard a click and the line died. I sat there in shock. I couldn’t believe that he just hung up on me. I was really hurt because he’s never hung up on me before. I placed the phone on the table then sat down on the couch and just cried. The one person I could talk too won’t even talk to me. About twenty minutes or so later my phone rang. I checked the caller ID hoping it would be Alex calling back, but it wasn’t and I didn’t recognize the number. So I let the machine pick it up. “Hi you‘ve reached Allison’s machine. Leave your name and number and I might call you back.” Beep. “Yeah, you don’t know me but my name is Kevin Richardson and...” I picked up the phone. “Hello?” “Hi, Allison?” “Yes, this is.” “I’m calling in regards of AJ.” “Who? Oh you mean Alex.” “Yeah. Anyways I’m sorry about that.” “No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine for sleeping with Alex and getting pregnant eight months ago.” I said starting to feel the tears forming again. “I want to help you, what do you want me to do?” He asked. “Kevin, I don’t want you to get involved in this. This is between Alex and myself. I just wanted to hopefully get him to be there during the delivery and to be there for the baby and me.” “I’ll talk to him and see what I can do. But if he won’t be there, I will be.” He said with a smile. “You don’t have to do that.” “Yeah, I do. If AJ likes it or not, you’re now part of this family.” “Thanks Kevin.” “Hey I’ve got to get going. You’ve got my number right?” “Yeah, I’ve got caller ID. So yeah.” “Good. I want you to call me when it’s time, or if you just want to talk to someone. I’m a great listener. Will you do that for me?” He asked. “Okay, I will.” “Well, I’ll talk to you later then. You take care of yourself.” “I will and thanks again Kevin.”