- Text Size +
Chapter 3
That Friday before the guys were to head back Dr. Kane came in and told me some news. “Mrs. Richardson.” She said walking into the room. “Yes.” I said looking up from the book I was reading to Raine. “I have some great news for the both of you.” She started with a huge smile on her face. “Raine’s cancer is gone and...” That’s all I needed to hear when I got up and hugged the doctor. “That’s wonderful news.” I said. “I can go home?” Raine asked. I pulled back from the doctor. “Can she?” “She can go home first thing in the morning.” She said. I hugged her again and just started crying. “Thank you so much.” “No, I just want you to take care of this brave girl. She’s got a lot of supporters on her side. All those men in her life are a lifesaver.” She stated as she place Raine’s chart down. “I remember one evening Mr. Littrell was sitting next to your daughter holding her hand and they where both praying.” I smiled. “Then there was Mr. McLean. He always had a silly story to tell her in the craziest voices. With Mr. Dorough, he always brought her a beanie baby every week. The Carter Brother’s, now those two were too much to handle. They made the nurse’s laugh.” Dr. Kane paused to collect herself be for continuing and I tried so hard not to bust a gut. “Then there was your husband. When I saw him with her, I got all chocked up. He would sit in that rocking chair and sing her to sleep every night. He has got the most soothing voice.” She said. “Kevin does drive the ladies crazy with his sensual voice.” I said grinning. “My question is... why do they all look familiar?” I smiled at her then I whispered. “They’re the Backstreet Boys.” Her eyes got wide then she was speechless. “Are they coming back later?” “No, they’re on tour.” I said. “I see.” She said with a disappointed look. I glared at her before saying something. “Dr. Kane. You’ve got a crush on Howie don’t you?” “What? No. Where did you get that crazy idea? And call me Sue.” She said blushing. “I’ve been here long enough to see your eyes flirting with him. Cause he was doing the same.” I said as she perked up. “Would you like me to have him call you when he gets back?” I asked her. “I can’t... I shouldn’t... Would you?” “Of course.” I said smiling. She grabbed her notebook and wrote something down. “Mrs. Richardson,” “Allison.” I said interrupting. She smiled then continued. “Okay Allison. This is my personal cell number.” She said handing the paper to me. I ripped it in half and wrote down a number for her. “This is his cell number. Whatever you do, not lose it and give it to no one.” She nodded her head in agreement. “They will be back in the area on Sunday sometime and I’ll let him know you have his cell number and I’ll have him call you.” I said. “Thank you so much, Allison. Well good night and I’ll see you two in the morning. Oh by the way congratulations.” She said and I smiled as I walked back into the room.

Few nights later Raine and I were sitting on the porch when I heard his voice. “Allison are you here?” Kevin asked placing his keys on the key hook. “I’m out on the porch.” I said before placing my finger to my lips for Raine not to say anything. I got up and walked over to the door to meet him halfway. He wrapped his arms around me and I just took in his scent. “I’ve missed you so fu...” Then he saw her. “Raine?” He said pulling back in shock. Hi Uncle Kevin.” She said getting up and hugging him. “When did...?” “Two days ago.” I said smiling. “So how was everything?” I asked. “It was great.” He said taking a seat. “The guys will be coming by in about an hour.” “Why what’s going on?” I said sitting down next to him. “Nothing really. We just need to clear some things up, that’s all.” He said smiling over at Raine as she played on the floor with her dolls. “Right now I want to spend my time sitting here with my two favorite ladies.” While sitting their watching Raine play I kept looking over at Kevin. Something was going on and I was starting to get concerned. Before I could say anything the doorbell rang. So I got up and answered it. “Hey guys.” I said opening the door smiling. “Hey ya Ally.” Brian said in a way to chipper tone. “Oh, hey Howie.” “Wazup.” “You remember Dr. Kane?” “Yeah, I remember Sue... I mean Dr... I mean... Oh screw it. Yeah I remember her.” He said blushing and running his hand through his hair. “She wanted me to give you this.” I said handing him the paper. “Her cell number!?” He said getting wide eyed and flashing a huge smile. “Yep. I also gave her yours and she’s expecting your call.” “Thanks Ally.” He said kissing me on the cheek. “Hey girlie girl.” Nick yelled. “Hey hot stuff.” I said as I hugged him. “How you doing?” He whispered. “I’m doing good.” “That’s good. Well we better get in there and see what your husband has to say.” He said as we walked into the other room. Raine was now sitting on Alex’s lap with her head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her. I didn’t see him come in because he had come in from the back. Nick and I took a seat. I sat on the couch between Kevin and Brian.

I was starting to worry again as to what Kevin had to tell everyone. “I’m sorry to be doing this the day we get back, but I needed to get this done and over with.” Kevin said as he got up and headed out of the room. When he got back he handed me a large envelope. “What is this?” I asked. “Just open it.” He said sitting back down. I carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the papers. After going through them I was at a loss of words. “What are they?” Nick asked. “Divorce papers?” I said looking over at Kevin. “All you have to do is sigh them and you’re free to be with him again.” “Kevin I don’t know what to say.” I said looking back at the papers I had in my hands. “Just say you’ll sign them.” “Kevin...” “Please...just sign the papers.” “Can we talk about this?” “Baby, I’m done talking. Please just do this for me so I can get on with my life.” He said as he got up and walking back into the house. I looked over at Alex and he just shook his head. Then I stood up and yelled. “KEVIN SCOTT RICHARDSON, STOP!” I yelled as I ran in after him. He stood by the stairs as I walked over to him. “Why can’t you do this for me?” He asked as I placed my hand on his back. “Because I love you and...and that I’m pregnant.” I whispered. “Where having a baby?” He said turning around and placing his arms around me. “Yeah, we are.” Kevin pulled back and looked at me. “Are you truly happy with me?” He asked. “Yes of course. Why are you asking me something like that?” “But when I see you with AJ...” “I’ve told him that I’m happy and I didn’t want to lose you for anything. I told him that I loved you too much to ever leave you or hurt you.” “What about the papers?” “I’m not now or ever going to sign those divorce papers. Can we just rip them up and forget this ever happened?” “Sweetie, I did this for you and Raine. She needs to have both her parents to look after her.” “She will have us both. But she’s also got you. Her stepfather whom she loves deeply. Whom I love unconditionally. I will never leave you my love.” I said standing on my tiptoes to give him a kiss. He leaned down and returned it with a little more passion. Kevin ran his hands through my hair and I wrapped my arms around his waist. “I love you Allison.” He whispered into my ear. I love you too.” I whispered back.

While we were walking back to the porch Kevin grabbed my hand. The guys were all talking about how the tour went. “Is everything okay?” Brian asked looking over at us. “Yeah, everything is the way it should be.” I said as I sat back down on the couch. “Raine why don’t you go play in your room so the big people can talk for awhile.” Alex whispered to her. “Okay, daddy.” She said getting up. I sat there listening to the guys and I couldn’t keep my eyes off Kevin. “I still can’t believe all those fans.” Nick said laughing. “I just can’t believe you wore that poncho.” Kevin said. “I’m signing over custody.” Alex blurted out. I looked over at Alex. “What did you say?” I asked him. “I’m going to sign over full custody to Kevin.” “Why would you do some thing like that?” Kevin asked. “Because I think it’s only fare that she have two parents.” “Alex she does have two parents, plus one.” I said. “But don’t you think she needs both parents with her at all times. Kevin’s here and...” “No. AJ that’s not fare to Raine.” Kevin said defending me. “Maybe she should have a voice in this.” Nick said. “He’s right; Raine does have a right to say.” Kevin said. “Fine, whatever.” Alex said storming out of the room. I got up and went after him. “Alex!” I said as he was heading to the front door. “Alex will you stop!” I started. He finally stopped and sat down on the steps. “Where did you get the idea that I didn’t want you to be her father anymore?” I asked. “I just thought it would be much easier for her to just...” “But that is not your choice to decide, is it?” “I guess not.” “Sweetie, you love that little girl. She has always made you smile and put you in a better mood. Dropping her out from your life will just kill you.” “I also thought it would be a lot easier just to do this and just get out of your lives so I can get on with mine.” As I was hearing what he was saying I started to cry. “Alex, you are our life. I know that we won’t be together, but you will always be apart of our lives. I don’t want you to hurt that little girl by making her give you up forever. You are and always will be apart of her. Inside and out.” “Mommy why are you and daddy crying?” Raine asked as the stood on the stairs. “Daddy wants to leave.” I said to her as I wiped my eyes. “Daddy, were you coming back?” He turned to look at her. “No baby, I wasn’t coming back anymore.” “Never ever?” “No.” He whispered. “Why, don’t you love me anymore?” She said starting to cry. “Baby, I will always love you no matter what.” Alex said grabbing her hand. “Then why were you and mommy fighting about me?” “Daddy thinks that Uncle Kevin should be your daddy now.” I said as the tears just fell. “I don’t want Uncle Kevin as my only daddy. I want you as my daddy too.” She said in a very heartbreaking tone in her voice as she sat down on his lap. “Daddy I don’t want you to go. I love you. Will you stay please?” She said wrapping her arms around him. “I won’t go.” He said hugging her and closing his eyes. “Do you promise?” I asked. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He then touched my arm then said. “I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” He whispered. “Thank you AJ. I don’t think I’m ready to raise two children.” Kevin said in the doorway. Alex’s eyes got wide. “You’re having a baby?” He said in shock. “Why didn’t you say anything before I made a total ass of myself?” “I just didn’t think you were going to drop this on me. Anyways I’m sorry.” I said. “I’m sorry too.” Alex said. We all then headed back in to the other room with the rest of the guys.

The End
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think. I love feed back from everyone.