- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, had some internet problems, that's why I wrote another chapter....Yay!
Friday on the early afternoon Frank had returned to repair the last few things in the apartment. He had offered to replace the front door lock to make it more save. He told Jackie that he would be gone by 7p.m. to shower and then pick her up exactly at 8.

Brian tried to brush off the red ink from his walls. He could hear his mother talking on the phone while Frank was working at the front door. Surely his mother was talking to Lucy.

“Oh my God. You know…I’m really nervous about tonight.” Her voice was a little shaky.

Then she was giggling reminding Brian of the older girls in his Junior High.

He had to listen carefully now since his mother had intentionally lowed down her voice.

“I talked to him the other day. He really seems to like him. It’s perfect.”

Lucy obviously was giving her opinion because Brian could hear some “uhhuu’s” and some more giggling from his mother.

“I really thing maybe this could work out. But on the other hand….After Harold I never…” it sounded like Lucy had interrupted his mother at that point.

His mom was talking about his father? He knew his father was named Harold. Harold Littrell. They still were named Littrell since his mother somehow never changed it back to her birth name.
She never talked about his father.

“Yeah, you are right. Absolutely. We’ll see. I have to go now. I need to do some shopping. I need some new make up maybe….” Another giggle.

“Bye Lucy!”

Brian tried to focus back on carefully cleaning his Disney wall.

Twenty minutes later Jackie entered Brian’s bedroom telling him that she needed to do some shopping.

“Be a nice boy. Frank is still repairing the front door. Maybe you could help him a little?” she asked while placing a kiss on his forehead. This a quick goodbye she left the room and seconds later he could hear her saying goodbye to Frank at the entrance.

Two minutes later Brian could hear someone walking towards his room. He turned around to find Frank standing in the door.

“I was wondering if you could help me for a second. Someone needs to hold the new handles in place while I build them on.” His voice was demanding making clear that it was more an order than a request.

“Sure, Mr Corey!” Brian jumped off his bed to follow Frank to the front door.

He found him still leaning at the door frame to his room not moving.

“I want you to call me Frank!” again, this was an order. Brian did not like the way Frank was talking to him. He was not used to this. Jackie hardly ever ordered him to do something and he always tried to keep it that way in doing everything he should before being ordered to. Maybe he shouldn’t have lied to his mom.

“I asked you something boy!” Frank made a quick big step towards Brian, placing one hand on the small boys left shoulder.

“I…” Brian was shocked by this sudden chance of situation. He could feel Frank’s gripping down firmly on his shoulder. It was really painful. Tears welled up in Brian’s eyes. But he was not willing to show Frank.

“Okay, Frank. I will!” he pressed out still trying not to show how much pain Frank was putting him in.

“Good. And one more thing. I like your mother, and I think she likes me to. I will date her tonight and if everything works out as planed, I’ll date her some more times. I don’t think that will be a problem for you, boy?” Frank hissed into Brian’s face still pressing his fingers hard into Brian’s shoulder.

Brian felt the urge to scream out in pain but he had the feeling that would not do him any good. Hardly any feeling was left in his left arm since Frank was pressing down so hard.

“No Sir. Not at all!” a single tear had escaped his eyes rolling down his cheek. He hoped that Frank had not seen it.

Frank released his grip after a deep look in the boys eyes. He was satisfied to finally see a tear escape these eyes and he was sure the boy now was afraid enough to obey his orders and that he would keep silent about what just had happened. He would make sure to remind Jackie’s son on another day.

“Okay Brian. Let’s go repair you mother’s front door. She will be very happy!” suddenly Frank’s voice was nice and comforting.

While finally following Frank to the to be repaired door, Brian quickly wiped off that stupid tear.
Chapter End Notes:
R&R please...?