- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've managed to start chapter four, so I figured why not post one more chapter to keep y'all entertained. Though, when chapter three will be posted I've no idea - no promises. Depends on how soon chapter five gets started - lol.

Disclaimer: Only own Jaylynn Daniels & story idea. Disney owns the HSM characters, & all the HSM actors own themselves. Thank-you!

A week later, three of the dance routines had been perfected – luckily, they were for the first three songs in the movie, so they could easily start filming now and worry about the rest later.

 

During the week, Jaylynn had managed to avoid the choreographer as best she could, having had gotten sick of his harassment. And now, that they were done with him for a short while, she was rather eager to start filming her very first movie.

 

“Alright, everyone gather around,” the director called out. “This is the first scene, where Zac has gone to visit Vanessa at Stanford. Anyone who cares to stay and watch must be quiet while on the set. And anyone who is not in this scene, please stay out of view of the cameras.”

 

Everyone nodded, and either moved to where they needed to be or left all together. Jaylynn stood in the background watching though, wanting to see what it was going to be like – and to drool over Zac for a little while longer.

 

“Hey,” a voice startled her, though it’d spoken softly. “Are you enjoying yourself?”

 

Jaylynn turned her head, only to find Corbin standing next to her smiling. She returned the gesture, and nodded her head silently. It was probably way more than obvious as to just how much she enjoyed hanging out with him and the others. After that first day, they’d taken her under their wing and were helping her out where they could. They’d also insisted on her hanging out with them when not on the set as well, which had her tickled pink.

 

Corbin smiled a bit more, as he leaned back against the wall they stood in front of. “Anxious to start your scenes?”

 

“Aren’t we supposed to be quiet?” Jaylynn whispered, eyeing him as though he was crazy to dare even talk while the cameras were rolling.

 

“So long as we’re quiet, the cameras aren’t going to pick us up all the way back here,” he chuckled softly, his brown eyes twinkling with merriment. “This really is your first movie, isn’t it?”

 

“I haven’t lied to any of you,” Jaylynn answered. “So everything I’ve said has been true. I’d say I’ve never lied, but that would be a lie – I’ve lied about many a trivial thing in my seventeen years.”

 

Corbin chuckled again. “Haven’t we all?”

 

“Probably,” Jaylynn giggled. “And yes, I’m anxious to start filming my scenes. It’s going to be fun doing scenes with you - and the ones with the others.”

 

Corbin smirked. “Almost forget about the others, didn’t you?”

 

Jaylynn rolled her blue eyes away from his gaze in response, discreetly letting him now he’d indeed been correct. It wasn’t her fault she’d a growing crush on the guy next to her. She’d been crushing on him long before she’d even met him, but having had met him had just made her crush worse. Same thing happened with her crush on Zac – though, she knew in her heart, she was crushing on Corbin more so than the star of the movie.

 

Corbin reached over and squeezed the hand at her side gently. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone,” he promised, smiling at her once more.

 

Jaylynn giggled some more, squeezing his hand back. “Thanks for the reassurance, but I’m not too worried about them thinking I forgot about them.”

 

Corbin smirked in response, then resumed watching Zac and Vanessa’s first scene together. He still couldn’t believe they were actually doing a college musical. He just hoped all their fans didn’t hate them for the crazy twists to the original High School Musical plot lines. But, no matter the overall outcome, he knew he was mighty glad to be back doing another movie with his friends. And the newest addition to their crew seemed to fit in wonderfully as well, though she was a bit quieter than the rest.

 

Soon as Zac and Vanessa’s scene was over, the director called for Corbin and Jaylynn. “Now, this is the scene where we see Chad at his respective college, doing his basketball thing. He starts off in the locker rooms, and comes out all energetic, only to bump into Mikayla Hansworth. Mikayla smiles at him shyly, as he helps her pick up her books he’s caused her to scatter all over the floor. They chat for a few moments, then carry on their way to their respective classes. Now, let’s get to it.”

 

Corbin, whom was already in his outfit for the first scene, quickly took his place in the locker room that had been set up for them. He raised his eyebrows at Jaylynn playfully, flashing her yet another grin, as he quickly went over his lines in his head.

 

Jaylynn giggled quietly, as she watched Corbin start his scene, trying not to drool over him as much as she’d done Zac. This was her first scene, and it’d suck to end up doing it with drool dribbling down her chin, so to speak.

 

Corbin chatted with his new teammates in the locker room for a few minutes, then headed for the locker room door only to end up bumping into no one.

 

“Cut!” The director called. “Where’s Mikayla?”

 

Jaylynn broke out of her daze, at hearing them call for Mikayla and realized she’d forgotten to go to her respective spot for her first scene. “Sorry!” She squeaked, quickly hurrying over to where she was supposed to be.

 

The director shook his head slightly, a bit amused. “All right, let’s try this again, shall we? And Mikayla, remember to be outside the door this time.”

 

Jaylynn nodded, and Corbin started off by coming out of the locker room door once more. He bumped into Jaylynn, who startled and tumbled to the floor along with her books.

 

“Sorry!” They both exclaimed, as Jaylynn scrambled to pick up her books, and Corbin bent down to help. “I didn’t see you there.”

 

“Here,” Corbin spoke, as they stood, holding some of her books out to her. “Sorry about that…..”

 

“Mikayla,” Jaylynn replied, shyly taking her books from him. “Mikayla Hansworth. I’m sorry to have gotten in your way….”

 

“Chad. Chad Danport,” Corbin answered, flashing her a warm smile and holding his hand out to her.

 

“Nice to meet you, Chad,” Jaylynn spoke bashfully. She stared at him a moment, before turning to leave. “I’d better get to class. Professor Hamilton hates for anyone to be late.”

 

“Yeah, I’d better get to my class too,” Corbin replied. “I’ll see you around Mikayla.”

 

“You just might,” Jaylynn laughed softly, a small smile upon her face. She then turned and walked off down the hallway, trying to ignore the fact she could feel Corbin’s gaze still upon her.

 

Corbin watched her for a moment longer, then turned and headed for his locker to get his books. “Careful there, Chad. You’ve a girlfriend, remember.”

 

“Cut! That was wonderful!” The director exclaimed. “Jaylynn, that soft laugh you gave was absolutely brilliant! I couldn’t have pictured it any better. Great work!”

 

Jaylynn turned a bright crimson. “Um…Thank-you?”

 

Corbin laughed, as he went over and draped an arm over her shoulders. “Praised after your first scene, and yet you were worried.”

 

“Oh, shush,” Jaylynn replied. “I’d every right to worry. And besides, it’s not so much the acting scenes I’m worried about.”

 

“Your dancing will be fine,” Corbin assured her. “Especially the first dance sequence, since you choreographed it and all.”

 

“No, Ashley choreographed it,” Jaylynn smirked. “If only that fool of a choreographer knew the truth.”

 

“Then we’d probably be stuck still doing his lame moves,” Corbin shook his head. “We’ll keep that secret until Ashley gets tired of his praise.”

 

Jaylynn laughed. “I only wish that were my problem with him.”

 

Corbin eyed her warily. “He’s not still giving you trouble, is he?”

 

“No, I’m fine,” Jaylynn lied. She didn’t want to cause anymore trouble for them all. She knew just how much this movie meant to them all – and to her. She didn’t want to risk messing up the biggest opportunity she’d probably ever have.

 

Corbin looked her over, not quite believing her, but willing to let it go for now. “Let’s go find the others now, shall we? I think it’s time for someone else’s scene, so Zac and Vanessa at least should be free.”

 

Jaylynn flashed him a grin. “I like the sounds of that.

 

Corbin rolled his eyes some as he followed her. “I should’ve known you’d like the thought of finding Zac.”

 

Moments later, the two had found their friends, and Jaylnn was babbling excitedly to Zac about her very first movie scene ever. She felt even more thrilled about the fact he was actually listening to her, and smiling while he did so.

 

Zac sat there listening to Jaylynn ramble on endlessly about her very first movie scene excitedly. He couldn’t blame the young girl for being so excited, as he still remembered how excited he’d been about his first big movie as well. And besides, she was sort of like a little sister to him now, though he’d only known her a week. But a week had been more than enough time for him to deem her just that.

 

“So, does this mean you’re even more excited for the rest of your scenes?” Zac asked her, an amused grin upon his face.

 

“Oh, you’d better believe it!” Jaylynn enthused. “I’m so excited I could dance around this whole room right now.”

 

“Oh, really?” Zac raised his eyebrows at her. “I don’t believe you.”

 

“Just you watch!” Jaylynn replied, getting up and starting to sing as she danced around the room. “Oh, I’m so excited. And I just can’t hide it. I know, I know, I want you, I want you….”

 

Corbin laughed, as he watched Zac get up and join her in her song and dance. It was rather quite amusing to see, though Vanessa didn’t seem too thrilled about it.

 

“What’s wrong, girl?” Corbin asked his friend. “The way you’re looking at her, one would think you’re feeling threatened.”

 

“She better not be a threat,” Vanessa answered him, confirming what everyone else had seemed to pick up on, except for the two currently singing and dancing. “Or she’ll wish she’d never even met him to begin with.”

 

“Whoa girl,” Corbin stated. “Calm down and think straight for a moment here. She’s like a little sister to him, if you haven’t noticed. And so what if she’s a crush? It’s not one she’s going to act upon, seeing as how she respects you and him both. Just because she likes to talk his ear off doesn’t mean a thing. Ever stop to think maybe she’s starting to see him as an older brother, so she gets a little clingy because of that at times? She’s new around here and an only child, and often left alone from the sounds of it – she has to have been pretty lonely up to now.”

 

Vanessa shrugged. “I can’t help how I feel, Corbin. I just love Zac so much; I don’t want to lose him to anyone.”

 

“Well, becoming possessive isn’t the way to go about I t,” Corbin commented. “Besides, Jaylynn means no harm. Let her bask in all the attention he’s willing to give – sometimes, I’m not so sure she gets enough of it at home.”

 

“She is awful quiet unless she’s really excited about something,” Vanessa agreed. “Sometimes, I think she’s afraid to say anything, and other times I wonder if she’ll ever shut-up.”

 

Corbin laughed some. “Yeah, I know what you mean. But she means well, and always ends up being rather entertaining.”

 

Vanessa glanced over at her boyfriend and Jaylynn, who were still currently singing and dancing about the room. “Yeah, she is rather great entertainment,” she agreed. “The both of them.”