- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You can thank Family channel for airing HSM 2 tonight, as it suddenly gave me a burst of inspiration for this fic. I hope y'all haven't forgotten about it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Jaylynn Daniels/Mikayla Hansworth, story idea, & every song written into this fic. Disney owns everything High School Musical, & the actors own themselves. Thank-you!

Later on that day, once lunch was done and over with, Corbin and Jaylnn were back on set for their next scene. Zac was there as well, as this time ‘Troy’ was coming to visit ‘Chad’. It seemed Zac’s character did a whole lot of running back and forth between most the schools in this movie – though, it was all wonderful fun.

 

“Okay, this time, Chad and Troy are catching up outside the school when Mikayla walks by. Chad calls out her name, and waves, then he talks to Troy some more. After chatting a bit more, he breaks out into song, about how he can’t get the new girl off his mind.”

 

The three of them nodded, and then headed off to where they were supposed to be on set.

 

“And Mikayla, don’t miss your cue this time!” The director called out.

 

Jaylynn blushed for the zillionth time that day, as she nodded her response. She still couldn’t believe she’d missed her cue that morning.

 

“So how’s your first few weeks been?” Zac asked Corbin, as they stood out front of the college that was  to be Chad’s. “Talked to Taylor at all?”

 

“They’ve been alright,” Corbin shrugged. “School’s school, you know? As for Taylor, yeah, we’ve talked some. Argued, talked, argued, talked – basically the usual.”

 

Zac laughed. “Yeah, I can see nothing’s definitely changed there. It’s what you two do best.”

 

“Well, if she didn’t always have to make things so complicated, it wouldn’t be so bad,” Corbin replied. “I mean, how many times a month, can a girl seriously need flowers?”

 

Zac shook his head. “Apparently almost every day, from what I’ve heard from Gabriella. I’ve heard all about Taylor’s demands from you both, and Gabs has said how sweet it is that you send Taylor flowers as often as you do. Though, I’m sweeter for showing up practically every weekend to visit.”

 

“You’re making the rest of us look bad, man,” Corbin commented, shaking his head. It was then he spotted Jaylynn walking by. “Hey Mikayla!”

 

Jaylynn looked around for a moment, her eyes finally landing on Corbin. “Oh, hey Corbin!” She called out in return, with a small wave.

 

“Cut! Cut!” The director yelled. “Mikayla, his name is Chad. Chad Danforth. Not Corbin. Mikayla doesn’t know a Corbin.”

 

Jaylynn smacked her hand over her face. “Sorry!” She squeaked. “They both start with ‘C’.”

 

“Yeah, I can see how that’d get confusing,” the director chuckled. “Let’s try this again. Pick up from where Chad yells hello. And action!”

 

“Hey Mikayla!” Corbin shouted once more, waving at her this time.

 

Jaylynn did the same movements as before, looking around and waving slightly. “Oh, hey….hey….Chad!”

 

The director let them continue on, as he saw Jaylynn flash Corbin a smile from where she stood a few feet away. She then turned and carried on her way, her knapsack slung over her shoulder, and her books in her arms.

 

Corbin turned back to Zac then. “So, how’s your classes been going?”

 

“Fine,” Zac answered. “Who was she? She’s pretty cute.”

 

“You’re taken, remember?” Corbin reminded him.

 

“Well, so are you, but it doesn’t mean we can’t look or be friends with the opposite sex,” Zac stated. “And besides, it’s not every day I hear you calling out to a girl. I mean, you don’t even like calling out to Taylor, and she’s your girlfriend.”

 

“She’s just some chic I bumped into earlier by accident,” Corbin shrugged. “I knocked into her when I came out of the locker rooms.”

 

Zac shook his head. “I bet you knocked her off her feet too, am I right?”

 

“Not my fault she was standing so close to the door,” Corbin said, as they neared the junky looking pick-up truck ‘Troy’ had driven up in. “Wasn’t my fault her books scattered everywhere either, or the fact her blue eyes burned into me.”

 

“She’s blue eyes, huh?” Zac smirked, as he opened the door to his truck.

 

“Does she ever,” Corbin answered, tossing his bag inside the truck once opening the door on his side. He then stepped up into it, but peered over the top at Zac and began to sing. “Does she ever; her eyes are like the pale blue sky. The way they gaze into you, you know you never want to see her cry….”

 

He then began to climb and dance all over the battered old pick-up truck, with Zac watching and finally joining in on the last chorus. “She’s oh, so fine. One greeting from her and she’s on my mind, the rest of the time. What am I to do? My heart belongs to another, but my thoughts are filled with her. Oh, what am I going to do? How am I going to get through? Will I ever get you out of my head? I need to think of something else instead. I need something else instead.”

 

The boys finished the song, then moved to actually get inside the truck this time, and Zac started it up and drove off once they were both buckled in.

 

Jaylynn moved from her current position, as she’d had to move around some during the song, as the cameras kept flashing to her. They had to after all, since Corbin was singing about her and her blue eyes. She giggled at the oddness of it, as she headed on back over to where the boys stood.

 

“That was highly entertaining,” she told them with a smile. “I think I can get used to you guys singing about me and my blue eyes very quickly, no matter how weird it may be.”

 

The boys both laughed, as they each draped an arm over one of her shoulders. “Let’s find the others, and catch up with everyone while we’re on break,” Zac suggested. “It’s always fun to hear about everyone’s scenes, if we’ve happened to miss them.”

 

“Ooh, I’ve reason to ramble!” Jaylynn exclaimed happily, her eyes glowing with excitement. “I can’t wait to tell Monique her man’s been singing about me and me alone.”

 

Corbin laughed. “Correction - Taylor’s man has been singing about you, not Monique’s.”

 

“Technically, it’s the same thing,” Jaylynn smirked. “Since you do play Chad, and she does play Taylor.”

 

“And you’re enjoying this immensely, because you play Mikayla,” Zac chuckled, “Chad’s love interest.”

 

“Hey, not my fault the director insists the world evolve around me,” Jaylynn teased as they found and joined the others. “Hey gang! You missed Corbin singing and dancing about my eyes! It was rather amusing.”

 

“There’s one playback I can’t wait to see,” Monique laughed. “I mean, of all things to sing about.”

 

“Well, she does have sky blue eyes,” Corbin shrugged somewhat. “They just happened to write a song and dance about it and made me perform it.”

 

The girls all giggled, as Jaylynn joined them to catch up on things she’d missed while filming her scenes; the boys meanwhile, wandered off to shoot some hoops.

 

“You should’ve seen him,” Monique snickered. “He came right on up to Ashley, and actually asked her out on a date.”

 

Ashley shook her head at this. “Like I’m really going to date some creepy, old choreographer.”

 

Jaylynn shuddered slightly at the mere thought of it all. The man was rather creepy, and he was constantly harassing her. Least when he spoke to Ashley, it was always in high regards – when he spoke to her, it was as though she were nothing more than a filthy piece of trash.

 

Vanessa eyed Jaylynn carefully, when she saw the younger girl shudder. “He hasn’t been giving you a hard time lately, has he?”

 

“No,” Jaylynn shook her head, lying once more about that despicable man. “I’ve barely seen him. I think he’s too busy stalking Ashley or something.”

 

Now it was Ashley’s turn to shudder. “I wish he wouldn’t. I swear, if that man ever follows me home, I am so calling the cops.”

 

“Calling the cops on whom?” Lucas Grabeel asked, as he joined the group. He’d been over talking too Olesya, KayCee, Chris, and Ryne. “What did I miss?”

 

“The choreographer, if he follows Ashley home,” Monique replied.

 

“He hasn’t done that, has he?” Lucas demanded protectively, turning to eye Ashley. “I mean, I know he’s been flirting with you and stuff, but he’s not flat out stalking you, is he?”

 

“No, he’s fine,” Ashley assured him. “He’s a weirdo, but he hasn’t done anything that stupid.”

 

“Yet,” Jaylynn muttered under her breath.

 

“Do you know something we don’t?” Monique asked the girl currently trying to hide underneath her hat. “Because if so, we’d like to know.”

 

“No, I don’t know anything,” Jaylynn replied, honest for once about the man who haunted her nightmares. “I just don’t trust him, is all.”

 

“Well, if he tries anything on any of you, you let me know,” Lucas told them firmly. “I’m not about to stand back and let him hurt anyone I care about.”

 

Jaylynn flashed him a warm smile, at hearing that. She wasn’t used to so many people caring about her well-being. Sure her folks did, when it was convenient for them – and her mom did watch all the High School Musical movies with her – but still. It was nothing compared to the way this close-knit cast seemed to care about one another – and she was beyond glad to be apart of it.

 

Lucas returned her smile. “That goes for you too, Kiddo.”

 

“I know,” Jaylynn spoke softly, looking down shyly, her hat covering her eyes.

 

“So long as you know,” Lucas replied, just as Corbin and Zac re-joined them.

 

“Knows what?” Corbin wanted to know.

 

“That if anyone’s giving her any trouble she can tell us,” Lucas answered.

 

“I’m sure she knows that by now,” Zac laughed. “I think that’s all we’ve been telling the poor Kid.”

 

“Well, we don’t want anything happening to Chad’s love interest, now do we?” Corbin smirked, going over and draping an arm around Jaylynn’s shoulders. “I mean, without her, there’d be no movie. Well, there would be, but there’d be no point in having me in it.”

 

Jaylynn giggled, as she leaned into his embrace. “I just hope the fans don’t hate me for taking Chad from Taylor.”

 

“I’m sure they figured that’d end up happening eventually,” Monique shrugged. “Not everyone has a fairy-tale ending like Troy and Gabriella here.”

 

“And who says we’re going to have a fairy-tale ending?” Zac asked, as he sat behind Vanessa, wrapping his arms about her.

 

“Well, it is in the script,” Jaylynn pointed out, still snuggled into Corbin.

 

Everyone laughed, highly amused by that. It was the truth though.

 

“Well, I’m glad someone’s read the whole script,” the director commented with a smile as he approached his leading actors. “We’re ready for the next scene now, so we’ll be needing Chad, Troy, Gabriella, and Taylor.”

 

Jaylynn sighed, as she un-willingly pulled herself from Corbin’s embrace. “Break a leg y’all.”

 

“Not coming to watch?” Corbin asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

 

“Nah, I’m going to stay here and hang out with Lucas and Ashley for awhile,” Jaylynn said, as she went and hugged the blond boy tight. “I haven’t seen much of them lately, and would like to spend some time with them.”

 

“Alright,” Corbin shrugged. “You know where to find me, if you need me.”

 

“Us,” Zac corrected him with a laugh. “C’mon gang. Let’s get this show on the road.”

 

“I couldn’t agree with you more,” the director stated, as he followed the four of them out of the room. 

 

“You like him don’t you?” Ashley smirked, as she saw Jaylynn eye one of the leaving boys longer than the other.

 

“Huh? Like who? Lucas?” Jaylynn replied, shifting her gaze over to the blond girl, as she moved to sit next to Lucas. “Of course I like him. He’s great fun to be around and watch dance.”

 

“No, not Lucas,” Ashley laughed. “Though, I think we all know you like him by now. But I’m talking about the one you were just staring at.”

 

“As a friend, yes,” Jaylynn answered quickly – a little too quick. “As a brother, yes. But like that, no way!”

 

“Liar,” Ashley insisted. “Now c’mon, tell me. It’s just us here – and Lucas.”

 

“So…. Lucas….” Jaylynn began, ignoring Ashley’s questioning altogether. “You filmed any funny scenes lately?”

Chapter End Notes:
Song: Does She Ever written by LenniluvsBrian.