- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I started this story many years ago but never finished it. I have this posted on a site of my own, but with the closing of Geocities coming up, I decided that I should start moving a few of them over here.
Jordan sat in the antique rocker staring out the bay window of the nursery. It was filled with an assortment of plush stuffed animals. The full moon illuminated the room slightly from where she was positioned. She sighed heavily as she ran a hand over her full belly. "Only a few more weeks and then you'll be out here to let me have no rest,"she smiled as she spoke softly to the yet unborn child in the dimly lit room. Seemed like a lifetime right now. Some days she just wished it would be all over. But it wasn't the baby's kicking and fighting that was keeping her up this evening. This was a miracle child. She and Kevin had been trying ages to have children and now here it was. The child they'd always hoped for. The child she should be happy about. But there were complications in this situation. Complications that should never be.
"Everything okay baby?"Kevin said jolting her out of her thoughts.
"Everything's fine. She just was keeping me awake more than usual tonight,"She said running her hand over her rounded figure."So how long you been standing in that doorway?"
"Long enough to know something's troubling you,"he said approaching her. He knelt down next to the chair."Somethin' on your mind?"
More than you'll ever know."Not really. I come in here and it helps me relax."
"I should know better by now that you'll tell me in your own time."
"Kev,"she said; her hand softly cupping his cheek."Then you know I'm enjoying the last of what little alone time I'll have for the next, at least eighteen years."
"You want me to go?"
"I didn't say that baby. She sure has got your fight,"she said drawing his hand over her stomach.
She sure did have his fight but he returned,"I thought that was yours."
"Hey now. I'm the one carryingy the child. You wanna try this on for nine months?"
"Na. You can keep that."
"See if I carry another one of these for you."
"You will."
"Uh Kev,"She said gripping his arm.
"Yeah baby?"
"I think your little angel is planning on making her arrival a little earlier than planned."
"What?"
"My water just broke,"She stated calmly. She could see his eyes widening in the dim light.
"Now?"
"Now."


So after eighteen hours, 12 minutes and forty five seconds of labor our little eight pound twelve ounce bundle of joy found her way into the world. Catherine Anne Richardson. Daddy's little pride and joy. She had him wrapped around her tiny little finger from the word go. His little Katie Ann as she would come to be known. Of course the fact that there was a slim chance that she would have never come to be put the odds in her favor. Perhaps an explanation is in order here. Let's rewind things a little and start from the beginning.