- Text Size +
"Kevin! You get your ass back here now!"Jordan demanded as she followed him upstairs.
"Why? So you can tell me how much of a man I'm not too?"He spat back at the top of the stairs before turning to head for their room.
Ughhhh! He was so incorrigible sometimes."Dammit Kevin! Would you stop being a child for two seconds?"She yelled this time in hopes of retaining his attention.
"So now I'm a child?" He glared at her before continuing to fling a multitude of clothing for his business trip that weekend.
"What do you want? Do you want me to say I'm so sorry that this isn't working out baby because I've already apologized profusely for having to try things my way. I don't know what to tell you. I want to give you children more than you'll probably ever let get through that thick skull of yours but obviously I can't say or do anything that's gonna help us."
"If you'd have done what the doctors had said in the first place we might not be dealing with this right now."
"So now this is all on me? You've got some nerve blaming me for all our conception methods. The doctor said there was one more way we could try."
"Jesus Jordan! How many times do I have to tell you that there is no way on God's Green Earth I'm gonna let science interfere with what we should be able to do biologically. If we're meant to have a gaggle of children running around the house, then by God's good grace we will but if we don't, then we're not meant to."
" You sonofabitch! I married you because I wanted to spend a full life with you and that meant having children in it too. You really believe you'll be considered less of a man if you do things my way don't you? Nobody has to know but us Kevin."
"Brian knows."
"Brian is the only one that knows and I'll be damned if you think I would tell anybody else."
"Tell me something Jordan. Was my Mom so wrong in believing my cousin has a thing for you?"
"What are you talking about?"
"It seems like every time we have a fight you go running off to him. Are you sleeping with him?"
"I can't believe you would ask me such a question."
"It's just a question."
"That wasn't a question. That was an accusation."
"Well?"
"Are you going away on business this weekend?"
"You know I'm going away on business this weekend Jordan. How can you ask me..such..a.. point taken."
"I would never do that to you Kevin. I love you and I took this marriage for better or for worse. I can't even imagine what you're feeling but you haven't been a wide open book on your end. We're in this together. It takes two of us to make it work."
"Well when one of starts working then let me know."
Disbelief crossed her features. That was low for Kevin even." Have a nice fucking trip!"she bellowed as she stormed out of the room.
Damn her!"What the fuck did I do?"
"Nothing. Leave me alone,"she said as threw her coat on; zipping it up. She slipped her gloves on."Have a nice fucking trip!" She yelled back toward the door as she made her way to the car.
"Run off to him like you always do. I hope he's worth ruining our marriage."
"I wouldn't know about that but maybe today's the perfect time to find out if he is."