- Text Size +
She should have known better but like a moth to a flame she went running back. This time Kevin had provoked it but she had been lying to Kevin for the last two months. They had been trying and trying and when they received the latest
results, he once again proceeded to let her know in no uncertain terms that she was to blame. Of course she was. She'd done everything wrong. SHE didn't follow the doctor's orders. SHE didn't consummate often enough. And when she mentioned their ultimate altertnative suggested by the doctors, he went ballistic. He was a man dammit and there was no way on God's Green Earth he was having any of it. If he couldn't give her children then they weren't going to be blessed in such a matter after all. And that is how he had left things. And this. She thought he went ballistic over their "little" problem, she could only imagine what his reaction was gonna be to this. She had to stop it. It was gonna hurt somebody in the end and she'd hurt things enough by letting it go on as long as it had. She watched the twilight's soft shadow as she pondered the possibility of sneaking out. Too late. Brian's arm draped over her. Shit! She had to get out of here. She tried sliding out but he drew her in against himself."Where do you think you're going?"he whispered.
"I'm going home."
"Stay with me tonight."
"Excuse me?"She turned to face him.
"You heard me."
"I heard you alright. I just don't believe it."
" I don't want to have you just part of the time anymore."
"And you know why you can't. I love Kevin."
"So you keep telling me. If you loved your husband half as much as you say do, you wouldn't be sharing a bed with me now would you?"
She got out of the bed and started gathering her clothes."You pushed the wrong button."
"You know I'm right,"he said as he watched her dress." 'Sides, I thought the love of your life was out of town this weekend anyway. Who's gonna know if you don't sleep in your own bed tonight?"
"I will."
"You feel guilty about going home to a cold lonely bed and yet you can lie to him with a straight face time after time with no guilt about us? I can't say I'm understandin' your logic,"he said sitting up. The sheet played across his lower
extremities; hinting at the chance that it would fall from that point at any time.
Don't look straight into the eyes. Oh damn him! For as much as this was wrong, he was right. There was nobody to go home to and as much as she wanted to deny herself, she couldn't."So you think me staying tonight is gonna make this easier?"
"I didn't say that it'd be easier, I just thought you might like the company."
"That's a new one. So what do I get out of it?"
"For starters, I thought we'd start with a little dinner and talk and then we could have a little more fun."
"Get dressed and I'll see what I can whip up for dinner,"she said and left the room.

She was still staring in the refrigerator when he leaned against her back looking over her shoulder."So what's the verdict?"
"Pizza delivery?"
"You can't whip up anything from what I've got?"
"Are you kidding me? The cupboard is bare."
"Then let's not air condition the kitchen,"he remarked.
"You have to move first."
"I do?"
"Brian!"
"Oh alright,"he relucted and went to grab the phone. He ordered and then turned back to Jordan."That leaves us a half and hour before they get here."
"Only a half an hour?"She traced a finger down his naked chest."What ever shall we do?"
"The table's free,"he suggested; a mischievious grin spreading on his face.
"The table eh?"she said removing her blouse as she backed toward it.
"Hang on just a sec,"he backed up.
"What?"
"YOU, didn't wanna play before dinner and being the gentleman that I am, I'm gonna respect your wishes."
"Tease."
"Lil ole me?"
She pulled him toward herself with the waistband of his sweats."This is still so wrong,"she smiled.
"I know but you have all night to tell me about it."