- Text Size +
He would be home soon. She wandered around the house waiting for him to return. The way things ended. God! He was so stubborn but then again, had she been much better? No. She was cheating on her husband for God's sake. Still, it didn't make the fact that they were at ends over starting a family any easier. She curled her foot under herself as she sat on the piano bench. She traced over the keys his fingers ran over endless numbers of nights as she slept. Sure she could have interrupted him those nights but she left him to his music. She let her fingers run a few more strokes over the keys before her fist came down on them. She slammed the door down over the keys. She sobbed uncontrollably into her hands. Oh God what have I done? My life is falling apart. Just what am I supposed to do? I love him God. Please just let me have my nice little boring normal life back. Please!

He watched as the sobs continued consuming her body. What should he do? She didn't even hear him come in the front door. Had she followed through on her threat? Is that why she was so upset? Come on. You don't even buy into the Brian thing. He would never do something like that and Jordan's words were meant out of spite. He'd been just as much to blame for the state their marriage was as she. More so some days. You love her. Why can't you tell her this? Because you're a stubborn ole goat is what you are. You don't realize that this problem really is killing her as much as it is you. But why can't she understand that it tears me apart to be able to make love to her all night long but not be able to bring a child with her eyes and his determination into their world? He couldn't be the man she fell in love with anymore. There was just no way. He turned and dragged the luggage upstairs. He sighed as he popped open a suitcase. It was no use. His little Jo-Jo was in pain and it was all because of him. He just knew it had to be. He buried his face in his hands. His marriage was falling apart and he couldn't control it. That's what pissed him off more than anything. His life falling apart and he had no control. He always had control.

Sleep. That's what she needed. Sleep was always good. She rose from the piano bench and made her way toward the bedroom. Something stopped her in her tracks. She stood in the door watching all the strength and power drain from the man she loved in the form of emotion. He finally had broken down. What she wouldn't give to be his strength right now. Why couldn't she? Because she didn't know how much strength she had to give. Her body was practically weakened and it wasn't all due to the misery at hand. It was just a strong contributor. She walked toward him; unsure of what she was going to do but was going with the flow seemed to be the best bet. Neither of them seemed to be in the mood to argue. She stood in front of him until his head rose from it's position. His beautiful emerald eyes blurred with a heartache which was more than likely the cause of her. He managed to notice the puffiness surrounding her eyes and pulled her near. He clung to
her; his head resting against her chest.
Dumbfounded, she rested her hands on top of his
head; each alternately leaving and stroking him comfortingly. After what seemed an eternity,she finally dared to speak."Kev? Honey?"
He raised his head and found her patiently waiting for his response."What's happening to us Jo-Jo?"
"Nothing baby."Absolutely everything.
"Are you sure?"
"Hunny, I'm positive. We took each other for better or worse. I plan to stick with you no matter what."
"I'm serious."
"I am too. I'm too tired to keep hashing this out week after week, month after month."
"Then what are we gonna do about it baby? I don't see any solutions just calling out our names."
Now might be a good time to suggest that perhaps she was the problem."I know you made the suggestion but maybe I'm not so fertile."
"The doctor said you were fine."
"Doctors have been known to screw up. They're not God. I've been thinking about it and maybe, just maybe I'm not as fertile as I could to help this process along. Maybe we should get a second opinion."
"And maybe we should let the whole world know we're trying to build a family with no foundation to work from."
"I don't know what else we can do. I want to have children and I want to have them soon. We've been married nearly three years. It's not like it's against the law for us to be asking for a little aid in our venture. Most people with our problems would kill to have the resources we have available."
"I don't want to advertise that
"You don't want to advertise that you're human Kevin. I'm in love with a stubborn old mule that hates to admit to his public that he has faults,"Jordan interrupted.
"I do not."
"You do too. Look at the rest of them. AJ's gone through more diversities than hair colors, Nick had to grow up under the eye of an overbearing Mother, Howie had to basically ignore a family death for your fame and Brian, his health. You have problems Kevin. Your fans love you because of your human side. But this isn't about them. You are more normal than you let yourself believe and I won't let you tear yourself up over it. Let me be there for you. Let's make this work. I know we can."
He'd known her to speak her mind but this was ridiculous. This was their personal life people were gonna try and pry in on. Come on Kev. You're used to that. But this is different he argued with his conscience. No it isn't. Your little Jo-Jo's right. You won't admit to being less than perfect and not quite so strong.
"Are you with me on this?"She said drawing his gaze up to hers.
"Make the appointment Jo-Jo."
"I love you Kevvy. Now how was your trip?"
He sighed heavily."Exhausting. I could just fall over right now."
Pushing the suitcase off the bed, Jordan centered herself amongst the pillows."Sounds good. Need a pillow?"
"That is a mighty temptin offer. How can I refuse?"He slipped out of his shoes and rested his head on her stomach. She stroked his hair.
He looked up to her."So how was your weekend?"
How to answer? "Oh you know the usual. Hung out with the girls, got drunk and talked about how irritating men are,"she smiled cheekily."Just kidding."
"Knowing your friends that doesn't surprise me."
"Hey! Some of yours aren't such upstanding members of the community."
"I know."
" Sides, I had to tell them what an outstanding husband I have and that shut them right up." He hadn't been lately but she hadn't been the outstandingly perfect wife either.
"And they bought that?"
"We've had our problems baby but we're good together."And so were she and Brian. Shit! That boy can find his way into my mind anytime. We need to work on that.
"Yes we are and just so I can be that spectacular to you again, I need rest,"he said resting his head back on her stomach once again. One day he thought. One day she'll be so round I can't lay my head here anymore. At least he hoped she would as his body gave into it's weariness.
She stroked his hair softly as she watched him sleep. How could she be doing this to him? He didn't deserve it but she tried resisting and she couldn't. She had to though. For her sanity. And for the sake of her marriage more importantly.