- Text Size +
What was she going to do? She had to stop this and NOW. For the last two months, she and Kevin had been doing so well and she didn't want to screw that up. It was hard to remind herself of that when she stuffed her ring inside her purse every time she and Brian met. The excuses were getting harder and harder to come up with as well. She couldn't meet the girls to go shopping
two, three times a week. Or could she? The line between reality and little place she liked to called The best of both worlds was quickly blending together. Kevin wasn't a stupid man and he'd figure out soon enough that his Mother had been right about the deviant he knew as his cousin. Okay, so maybe Brian wasn't a deviant but he certainly wasn't pushing her away. He knew what he wanted and as long as she was willing to give it up, he wasn't gonna shove her off his doorstep. That much she did know. She felt his breath on her bared shoulder as she looked out the window.
"Something on your mind Jo-Jo?"Brian's hands skimmed her arms.
Okay. This had to stop now. He was using Kevin's nicknames."What'd you just call me?"She turned.
"Jo-Jo. You don't like being called that?"
"Not by you. I can't do this anymore Brian."
"Do what?"
"What we're doing."
"What are we doing Jordan?"
She glared at him."Smartass isn't gonna work on you right now."
"You didn't seem to mind it two hours ago."
"Funny. You could have let me go any time you wanted to but I didn't see you pushing me off your doorstep."
"Then if you didn't wanna be here any longer, why didn't you just walk out the door?"
"I don't think you would have taken that as a signal."
"Who are you kidding Jordan? If you were gonna leave today, you would have walked out of here by now. I know you."
"You know me?"
"Yes I know you. I know this would have never happened had you had a husband that paid more attention to your needs."
She reached to slap him across the cheek and gripped her hand."I don't think you wanna be doing that. Catching the other hand as it made an attempt for his face."Nor that. You like the way I make you feel or you wouldn't keep coming back."
He was telling the truth but why'd he have to pick now to become arrogant just like Kevin did when he was winning a fight? Why else would she be here if she didn't like what he did for her but she had other things to think about."Let go of me,"she demanded.
"I don't think you really want me to do that."
She attempted to break free from his grip but he wasn't budging. And she was walking out of here today. She was determined to."Why won't you let me go?"
"Why won't you leave him?"
"Because I love him."
"As you've said so many times before. You don't love him or you wouldn't be cheating on him."
"I do love my husband and whatever troubles we had, we're working through. I don't wanna screw it up any more than I have."
"I get it. I'm just a mistake you made along the way."Letting her go.
"Don't you make me out to be the bad guy Brian. You had just as much a part in this as I did. You could have told me to go to my friends when I was having trouble with my husband but you didn't. You wanted me."
"And you didn't want me?"
"I needed a male point of view and you were there. I didn't know it was gonna turn into what it has."
"And what exactly did we have Jordan?"
"We had a few good times Brian. That's it. If you honestly expected it to last then you were only fooling yourself. I have no intention of leaving him."
"Then get the hell out of here."
She pulled her blouse on and her skirt."Shoulda known it ran in the family."
"Excuse me?"He backed her against the wall once again. She'd pissed him off now.
"I said, should have known that it runs in the family."
"What exactly runs in the family?"
"That damn temper. Now, I'm leaving like you asked,"she responded irritably.
"You don't deserve to be a part of this family,"he yelled behind her as she made her way out of the house.
She unlocked her car door."Well when Kevin decides otherwise, I am."