- Text Size +
"Hurry it up Jo-Jo! We're gonna be late!"Kevin bellowed from the base of the stairs.
"Cool your heels! I'm coming,"she returned just as loudly from the top; putting her earring in.
"Wow!"
"What?"Jordan came down the stairs toward him.
"It's just that you look amazing tonight."
"You've seen me in this dress a hundred times Kev,"she responded nonchalantly as she searched for her purse.
"Looking for something?"He said holding up the misplaced object.
"Thank you."She pecked him on the cheek."And thank you for thinking I look so amazing. I haven't felt that way recently."
"You're always amazing. Especially with the way I've been lat-
She placed a finger over his lips."Don't even. You've had every right. So why is it exactly Brian's throwing this little shindig?"
"He didn't say. He said we'd know when we got there."He hated doing this to her but he wanted to surprise her for her birthday and doing it at home would have been harder to keep a secret.
She couldn't exactly show any emotion where it concerned Brian. It had been a month since she'd ended the affair and she surprisingly enough found the will to make it happen. After all, look at what she was battling. She had the best of both worlds going on. She should be pissed about Kevin not remembering her birthday but that was the least of her worries considering the circumstances."Okay. So are we both ready now?"
"I think so. Shall we?" he said opening the door for her.


"You are so rotten,"Jordan playfully hit his chest two hours later amongst a crowd of their family and friends. This was still hard but she was doing her best.
"It was the only way to get you out of the house."
She looked at the charm bracelet Kevin had got her for her birthday. He said that they'd get a charm for each one of their children. He was really trying."Then again, you are kinda sweet sometimes."
"Only sometimes?"He pouted.
"That doesn't work for you baby."
"I know this does then,"he said and softly kissed her.
"Get a room you two,"Brian's voice interrupted them.
They broke apart and looked toward him. And that's when it happened. Jordan felt a strange new sensation as she saw the party accompanying Brian. It certainly couldn't be jealousy could it? She shouldn't be.
"So who is this lovely lady Bri and where have you been hiding her?"Kevin inquired.
"Kevin...Jordan, this is LeighAnne."
Jordan was also feeling very queazy these days. Nothing seemed to want to agree with her. After she greeted LeighAnne, she excused herself and ran to the nearest bathroom to heave up everything for the second time that day. Maybe it was the third. Who knew? She was going back to the doctor on Monday anyway. Then she'd know. There was a tap on the door.
"Jo-Jo. Are you okay in there?"Kevin's voice came from the other side.
She opened the door."I'm fine baby."
"No you're not Jo-Jo. This is the third time today. Do you have the flu or something?"
"Kevin...really, I'm okay."
"Jordan... Are you?"Hope against hope he prayed for what he thought it might be.
"I don't know for sure Kevin. I'm going back on Monday. I didn't wanna say anything until I knew for sure. Please don't say anything until we know okay?"
"You expect me to keep quiet when this could be the best news we've had in forever?"
"Could is the keyword Kevin. Please?"
"Okay,"he agreed and lightly kissed her on the forehead. He owed her at least that much for all the hell he'd put her through to get this far.