- Text Size +
What was the use anymore? Kevin didn't care about their marriage like he used to. Well at least not in the sense of 'in sickness and in health'. Her appetite had been growing as of late and she couldn't or didn't dare venture to the possibility that they'd finally made it work. Then there was that one last afternoon she spent with Brian before she and Kevin had made up. She was kicking herself in the butt for that. She swore after she broke it off that it would never happen again. Brian was very persuasive when he wanted to be. A simple word from him and her clothes were on the floor before they'd even hit the bedroom. She was staring out the window watching Kevin break in the new one. Beautiful, dark and just as stubborn as he was.. She looked at the clock on the nightstand and sighed. Just a few more minutes and she'd know. She hadn't dared to get his hopes up because quite honestly, she was beginning to think it was the one thing that was gonna save their marraige. And everybody in the world knows how well that works out. The timer went off and shifted her focus back to the stick in the bathroom. The one that could produce a new future for the Richardsons(if she was lucky).
Picking up the stick, she saw the plus sign. Positive. Positive...Positive! Oh sweet Jesus! There was a God in Heaven ! She jumped up and down in the bathroom. After calming down and regaining some decorum, she realized she would have to confirm with her doctor. She really wanted to keep it from Kevin but her overzealousness wouldn't allow it. Running out of the house and toward the pen, she fidgeted anxiously on the outside of it waiting to catch his eye. When she did, he calmed the horse and left it to the staff."What's going on baby?"
She held the stick up for him.
"For real?"
"I don't wanna get our hopes up but I've done three different tests and they've all come out positive."
"So we really could be this time?"
"I'll call the doctor and see how soon I can get in but
"We're gonna have a baby!" He lifted her off the ground; swinging her around.
She was starting to get nauseous as he continued to spin her around."Uh Kev?"
"Yeah baby?"
"Could ya stop please? I'm gettin a little green."
He settled her down and no sooner than he did, up came lunch.
"Jo-Jo, I am so sorry."He helped her steady herself.":I just got so excited and
"It's okay honey. It's a good sign. Doesn't feel very good granted." She smiled."I'm gonna go in and make that call."
"You want me to come with?"
"I'll be fine. You finish what you were doing and I'll be fine. I'll do somethin nice for dinner." She went in and made the appointment then flipped the television on. The afternoon schedule seemed to be throwing her life right back at her as she surfed through the countless channels. Good God! it's not like she hadn't considered that possibility but she wasn't about to deny herself and Kevin a family either. They'd been trying for nearly two years and now the opportunity was there. And maybe, just maybe it was Mother Nature's way of helping them along by her little fling. Yeah.. okay. She could reason all she wanted to but in the end she'd know she'd cheated on her husband and when it came to family in this group, there was no way out of being able to avoid the obstacle. Would he fight them if it came to the fact that the child was his? That would be when her world fell apart. She prayed they'd never have to find that out.


~Two Days Later~


She fidgeted on the cold padding of the sterile bed as she awaited the answer to her question. Her legs dangled off the bed; her feet beating a nervous rhythm against the metal base. Her gynecologist entered the room and smiled.
"Little nervous?"
"A little everything."
"Well I have good news for you Jordan. You are pregnant. According to my calculations, you are about ten weeks along. Is Mr. Richardson with you today?"
"Yeah. I made him sit out in the waiting room. I didn't want him in here pacing."
"Well why don't you go give him the good news and then I need to go over a few small things with you before you leave."
"Sure."
She attempted to calmly walk through the halls but her feet kept carrying her faster and faster. She reached the door and found him pacing like she thought he would be."Kevin."
He turned at her voice."Well?"
"We're gonna have a baby!"
"Really?"
"Yes!"She smiled.
He grabbed her in his arms and squeezed her yet again.
"Kev, you're gonna have to watch that."
He eased up on her."I'm sorry sweetie. We're gonna have a baby!"He grinned from ear to ear.
We're gonna have a baby. Woo-hoo.