- Text Size +
Jordan felt as though she were gonna pop any minute now and she still had another two months before she was even due.
Truth be told, she felt like a blob but Kevin assured her that she was more beautiful than ever. He didn't have to carry the weight around with him 24/7.
"Get out of here Kevin!" LeighAnne started pushing him toward their front door.
"Jeez! And Brian's marrying you why?"
"Hey!"Jordan scolded him from behind the couch where she was relaxing; feet propped up on the coffee table.
"I'm sorry. I'll miss you baby."
Her head tilted back and she looked up at him."I'll miss you too."
He leaned downed and pecked her on the lips." Why can't I put my feet on the table again?"
"Cuz your not carrying a eight pound bowling ball in your stomach?" She smiled sweetly.
"Good point."
"Hold on. There she goes again. She's kicking up a storm today." She pulled his hand down over her rounded belly.
"You're sure it's not he?"
"Mothers know these things honey."
"I hate to ruin this special moment but Kevin does need to get going,"Leigh Anne interrupted.
"Allright. I'm going already. Goodbye."Pecking Jordan once more before heading out the door.
"Finally."
"He wanted to stay so bad Leigh, "Jordan said.
"I know. You're lucky. Most men don't want to get so involved."
"Well you know what we've gone through to get here."
"It's absolutely amazing Jordan. I can't wait to have children."
"Good lord. There she goes again. You wanna feel?"
"You're sure?"
"Better you than some stranger off the street. I hate that. People you don't even know wantin to touch you."
"Well I think for men it's the one thing they know they'll never be able to have a part in other than planting the seed,"Leigh Anne joked as she sat down. She tentatively put her hands on Jordan's stomach.
"Wow! She's got Kevin's fight."
"Y' think?"
"Definitely."
It was nice to hear that because she was really starting to second guess as to who's child this really was. Leigh Anne would be so torn up if she knew what had gone on."Thank you. He thinks she's more like me."
"No. That's Kevin's kid and she's gonna be a Daddy's girl all the way."
Jordan laughed.
"Well since I rushed your husband out of here, I need to get to work."
"Are you sure there's nothing I can help with?"
"You stay put. This is your party. 'Sides didn't your doctor tell you to take it easy whenever possible."
"Doesn't mean I can't move at all."
"I know but I can handle this. Tim's wife, I always forget her name."
"Cheryl."
"She'll be here to help any minute."
"Along with Anne."
"You and Anne don't get along very well do you?"
"If it weren't for the fact that I was gonnna give her another grandchild, I'd be on the top of her shitlist permanently."
"Knock, knock!" Cheryl yelled from the front door.
"We're in the living room. Come on in." "Let the fun begin." She mouthed sarcastically to Leigh Anne.
"Ladies!" Leigh Anne greeted.
"So how's my future granddaughter doing today?"Anne said as she took the vacant place by Jordan on the couch.
"Kickin up a storm."Jordan painted a smile on her face. She wished she had a better relationship with her mother in law but she knew that would never happen. Jordan then gave her a puzzled look."How'd you?"
"Mother's instinct. You knew before they used all that fancy equipment on you didn't you?"
"Yes." She hated agreeing with her but she did know before they even ran the ultrasound.
"Anne. Could I borrow you for a minute?" Leigh Anne requested.
"Sure thing. Can I get you anything Jordan?" Anne said as she stood.
"I'm fine. Thank you though."
Cheryl sat down next Jordan as Anne left the room."I've been curious about something Jordan." She spoke in a hushed tone.
"Why are we talking so low?"Jordan returned.
"Because I saw what happened Christmas day."
"Oh."
"I know they're getting married but tell me you didn't do anything more than kiss him."
"Are you kidding me?! I'm married."
"But you kissed him."
"And that's all the further it went,"Jordan kept up the facade. If they ever knew.
"I hope so."
"I love my husband. Do you really think I would do anything to sabotage my marriage?"
"You could have."
"I know that and you know that but that's where it ended." Jordan managed to push herself up off the couch."Now if you'll excuse me, nature calls." Thank God little Katie Anne( Kevin's name for a girl which Jordan already knew it was) was pushing that button as well.




"Remind me why we don't get involved in those things again,"Kevin moped that afternoon at his cousin's home.
"Because we would be bored to tears dear brother of mine,"Tim said.
He looked at his brother."Need I remind you how long it's taken us to start a family?"
"No, but it's just-
"Tradition,"Brian saved Tim. He still pondered from time to time the possibility that this child could be his but he brushed it aside with the anticipation of his wedding.
"And we all know how traditional you are Bri,"Kevin said.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing. I'm gonna go grab a beer. Anybody want another?" He said as he stood.
"I'll have one,"Tim requested.
"I'm good,"Brian said as he nursed the one he already had.
"Never mind him,"Tim said as he moved closer to Brian's chair."So Leigh's going to make an honest man of ya eh?"
"Yep."
"Does she know about Jordan?"
Brian nearly choked on the swig of beer he'd just taken."What in the Lord's name are you talking about?!"
"Christmas before last?"
"You saw that."
Tim nodded."You're lucky King Kong in there didn't."
"I know."
"Is that all that happened?"
"Seriously Tim, I may have screwed up with that kiss but that's as far as things went. She and Kevin had been fighting a lot with trying to start a family and when she came to me as a friend, I guess I just mistook her intentions."
"For your sake."He raised his brow knowingly.
Me too he prayed to God.
Tossing Tim his bottle, Kevin plopped down on the couch."Jordan would never let me do this at home." He propped his socked feet onto the coffee table as he took a swig of his beer.
"Neither will Leigh Anne. That's why I do it when she's not home."Brian chuckled as he joined his cousin." So you guys know what you're having?"
"We had the ultrasound but I think it's a boy, she thinks it's a girl."
"The women are usually right about these things. Mom seems to think it's a girl too,"Tim added.
"Can't argue with them there then I guess. So did I miss anything while I was gone?"
"Not a thing,"Brian said; wishing to God he didn't have to lie but knowing the reason he had to.