- Text Size +
"You sure? You completely ignored your company that was here today."
"Brian'll deal with that one."
"You think the world will deal with it because you say so."
"I thought we were going to discuss the matter of our parenthood."
"We were until you decide to treat the whole world as though it's beneath you."
"I'll call him and apologize."
"Thank you. Now you have my attention,"Jordan said turning the stove off.
"Can we go in the other room?"
"I think we can talk just fine here."
"But I can't. The delicious aroma of all your venting is distracting me. Please?"
Exhausting a sigh and giving in, she followed him into the living room. She sat down on the plush couch as he paced for a few seconds."If you're not gonna talk,"she was about to stand when he started to speak.
"I'm gonna apologize for my actions today. They were uncalled for but my feelings I refuse to apologize for. I'm a man that wants to have many children with his beautiful wife and to be told that I may never be able to do that the old fashioned way. That's a big blow. I love you and I wanna be able to give you those things Jordan but if I can't do it that way then what's the point?"
"The point is you could still give them to me. The doctor said you could. And by all natural
means, they would still be yours. We'd just be giving Mother Nature a little help in the right direction."
He knelt down next to her. He knew she wanted children as much as he did but was this really right in the eyes of the man upstairs? Had he intended for them to have children this way? It was beginning to look that way."So you really wanna try this?"
"Yes I do."
"But we will keep trying my way won't we?"He said raising his brow suggestively.
She smiled."Now you know I wouldn't give that up for a million dollars."
"Only a million?"He pouted.
She knew he didn't want to do it her way but he was making the compromise for them. And she knew that right now he just needed to get past it and prove his masculinity to her right now. "I might go a mil and a half,"she teased.
"So that's all I'm worth to you?"
"There is no price on your love baby but you have to catch me if you wanna show it,"she said getting up from the couch and making a beeline for the stairs. It was one of their routines but it was fun. He'd chase her up the stairs, pin her to the bed and make love until the sun came up. He did follow her up and he did pin her to the bed but as he divulged her of her clothing, he stopped.
"Kev?"She said as she sat up next to him on the edge of the bed."What's wrong honey?" she inquired kissing the warmed skin of his shoulder.
"Nothing."
"Are you sure?"she straddled him. She hoped it would get some sort of attention out of him but his body wasn't reacting.
" I love you baby but I just can't."
"Sure you can,"she cooed."I could do a little of this,"she softly nibbled on his ear." A little of this."She nibbled softly down his neck."Perhaps a little of this,"she said running her hands up his chest and over his shoulders as she captured his lips.
He wasn't reacting. All the things that got his motor started were failing to do so tonight."I just can't Jo-jo. Not now."
Reluctantly she stood and pulled herself back together. She wasn't happy but she was trying to be understanding."I love you my big ole tower of power,"she said and lightly kissed his forehead before leaving the room.
He slammed his fist against the wall nearest the window. He knew she was trying to be understanding but how could she possibly understand this? The very strength she had nicknamed him for had proven to be a complete sham. He could give her pleasure but he couldn't give her his namesake. Not without a lot of trying or... He shuddered at even the thought of it.