- Text Size +
Once again their efforts were shattered. Another two months with no visible results. No wonder Kevin was devastated. He'd reluctantly given in and tried it her way but with no success. It wasn't her fault but the silence once again deafening in their vehicle. Jesus! He could be a real pain in the ass when he wanted to be. He slammed the door and strode quickly toward the house; she close behind. Stepping in front of him, she warranted an immediate reaction. The crunch of steps on the firmly packed snow came to a direct halt."What?!"
"Don' t you do this to me again."
"Do what?"
"You know damn well what Richardson. You listen and you listen good. I will not be shut out again because you think it's my fault."
"It is your fault,"He stated effortlessly."Now get out of my way."
She stood planted in his path." You think this is easy on me? I want to have your children. I want to have beautiful little boys with your eyes terrorizing this house or a sweet little angel with mine to break another million hearts out there like I did."
"Not now Jordan."
"Yes now,"she said standing her ground. He was irritating to no end and the freezing weather wasn't helping spirits much either.
"Don't make me cart you over my shoulder."
"Do it then, "she defied."Because it's the only way you're gonna get me inside that house right now."
And without hesitation, he had her firmly over his shoulder and to the front door. He set her down but kept a firm grip around her waist as he unlocked the door with plenty of resistance on her part. He lifted her over his shoulder once more and carted her inside. He walked into the living room after removing his shoes and dropped her on the sofa.
Gathering herself from the couch, she stormed into the entryway where he was placing his coat on a hanger."What the hell was that?"
He calmly responded,"I moved you out of my way. Don't make me do it again."
The look in his eyes told her not to defy his words but he was gonna listen to her if it was the last thing she did in this world." You self centered, no good, muleheaded idiot! The world does not revolve around you and as such, you need to place yourself in check. I know this is not easy on you but don't take it out on me. I'm here for you, with you. Whatever you need. You should know that but until you do, don't expect me to be around,"she said swiping the keys off the table and darting out the door.
He opened the door chasing after her in socked feet."Where are you going?"He beckoned; his voice full of sudden concern for her welfare.
"Somewhere you're not,"She turned calmly from the vehicle to face him before opening the door and sliding in.
"Okay. You win Jordan. We'll talk."
"No!"She turned the key as the engine.
"I'm out here in my friggin socks darlin'. What more do you want?" He yelled over the engine's roar.
She rolled down the window."For you to go back inside and wait for me to come home,"she said backing out of the drive and not knowing really where she wanted to go. God! He looked so pathetic standing there in the cold. Served him right after the last fight they'd had about this. But she wasn't going to back down on this one. Oh no! He was gonna know how it felt to be the one left wondering this time.