- Text Size +
After removing her outer layer, she followed the familiar tones of the piano echoing througout the silent house. He was so immersed in his work, he didn't even notice her coming in. She often wondered how he took so much on without having a nervous breakdown. Easy enough. He took it out on the party closest to him at the time not realizing sometimes the damage he did until it was too late. He was a good man though despite that fact. He took good care of her when he was around. They would be in the studio all too soon again. Even with the break, he was always working on something or other. And he did it so effortlessly too. At least he made it look that way. His fingers danced over the keys like they danced over her body; soft and smooth with generosity. Jordan moved from the doorway and walked across the room. She took the moment he paused to say something."Something new for the album?"
He looked up from the keys. He was still somewhat cocooned in his work and her voice hadn't quite registered in his world.
"New? Album?"She reitterated.
"I'm sorry. Yeah it is."
"It's beautiful."
"You're biased."
"Maybe but I know what I like."
"Do you still like me?"
She sat down next to him on the bench and met his hopeful gaze."What would make you think I ever hated you?"
"I don't know. The way you stormed out of here today. The way I treated you today perhaps."
"You were angry and I was angry. It doesn't matter now."
"No. It does because I blamed you for us not having kids yet and I know
"Shh,"she said placing a finger over his lips."Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."
She placed the back of her hand on his forehead. He tried brushing it off but he knew there was no stopping her once she got into her mothering mode."You're burning up baby. Why aren't you resting?"
"I can't."
"Yes you can. Now get upstairs and into bed and I'll be up to take your temperature so we know what we're dealing with."
"I've got a little fever Jordan. It's nothing."
"I can't carry you up those stairs myself so get your ass up there now."
"Oh all right. I'll go,"he said and she followed him to the staircase. As she watched him walk up the stairs, the remark about Brian's backside came into play and Oh God! stop it!"Happy?"He snipped as he reached the top stair.
"Very. It was just an excuse for me to look at that sweet ass of yours."
"Great! I'm sick and you're in the mood."
"No I'm not. Now get before I have to come up there after you."
"Promise?"he said wiggling his eyebrows.
"You are impossible,"She groaned
"You are so cute when you do that,"he quipped and disappeared down the hall.
Even when they're sick, the brain between their legs always work. She found the thermometer and made her way upstairs. He had listened for a change.
"Okay you big lug, scooch over a little so I can sit."He did as she said."Now open up,"she ordered.
She popped the digital thermometer under his tongue and waited until the faint tweet of it sounded off indicated it was done. She looked at it. One hundred point seven.
"So what's the verdict doc?"
"A hundred point seven. Not enough to worry about but enough to keep you in this bed for at least twenty four hours."
"But I don't wanna,"he whined.
Spoken like a truly ill man. You get sick and they don't give an inch for you but they get sick and you have to drop your life for them until you're done babying them back to health."I'll stay here and snuggle up and breathe your germs if I must,"she said hoping to accomodate him.
"Thank you. You know I wouldn't be sick if it weren't for you."
"How's that?"
"I chased you out into the freezing cold in my socks. All in the name of love."
Oh yeah. When she noticed his flushed appearance, she'd completely forgotten that they were even fighting. He did love her. And for the thoughts she'd been fending off since his trek up the stairs, she should be shot for they weren't of Kevin. She had to let go of those things. Would you look at the man laying in your bed all weakened with fever. He was a powerhouse when he wasn't down. You've gotta stop running to Brian everytime you two fight."I love you too baby,"She kissed his forehead lightly."I'll be back in a minute."
He grasped her hand before she was out of reach."Are you okay sweetness?"
She turned back to him."I'm fine."
"Come on Jo-jo. I may be sick but I know you."
"And I know you. Just let it go for tonight. We've got all the time in the world."
"Okay Jo-jo. You win. You take your time. Whatever it may be."
Whatever it may be? If he only knew.