- Text Size +
"Merry Christmas,"Brian greeted as he approached Jordan.
"Merry Christmas,"Jordan responded politely.
"So you up for yet another fun filled family gathering?"
"You know me. Miss adventure USA,"she quipped. God! Just being close to him was sparking all kinds of images. Did he even think of her that way? Why should it matter anyway? You're married remember she scolded herself.
He chuckled."I can only assume Anne's on his case about grandchildren."
"You know it."
"And how's that working out?"Damn! but does she look fine in that pink angora. Bet it'd feel even better against my skin. Stop it!
"I think you better watch that pretty little wife of yours with Brian,"Anne remarked as she noticed the two chatting away comfortably.
Kevin looked over."They've always gotten along Mom."
"Brian's got an eye for her like I ain't seen the likes of since you first brought her home."
"Please Mom."
"And you'd better keep watch on her too. Is there something going on between you two that I should know about?"
"No Mom. Nothing you should know about."
"Now you wouldn't be telling your Mother to mind her own business now would you?"
"No.We're just trying to provide you with some little bundles of joy to spoil rotten and we're not succeeding."
"She does want children?"
"Mom! How could you ask me something like that?"
"Well you haven't said more than three words to her since you two walked in here."
"That's because you dragged me away from her."
"Don't sass me."
"Okay. Yes she wants to have children."
"Then what's the problem?"
How could he tell his Mother that they had argued about that very thing on the way over? Another two months had passed and still no success. Jordan wasn't backing down on their other medical option and he wasn't about to give in on it. "Mom. We're trying. That's all I can tell you."
"That's all you're willing to tell me. I'll worm it out of Jordan. She may be stubborn but she's not as strong when it comes to keeping secrets."
"He's so looks so helpless when she gets a hold of him sometimes,"Jordan commented.
"Oh I don't know. I think he needs to be brought down a few notches every now and then."
"Meaning?"
"Meaning he needs to be reminded of where he came from. I think he forgets sometimes."
"And you don't?"
"My mom reminds me every chance she gets."
"You think they'd notice if we just like disappeared outside for a few minutes?"
"Aunt Anne might but that's about it. Something up?"
"Let's just go."
"Okay."
They walked quietly along the length of the stables before they were out of eyeshot.
"So what's going on Jordan? You and Kev have another fight?"
"On the way over but that's not why I brought you out here."
"Oh."
"I think you know."
"Look Jordan I'm not sure what's going on but maybe it's best we aren't alone together anymore."
"What are you talking about?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I asked first."
"I asked last,"he grinned cheesily.
"Brian!"She protested.
"Okay fine. I was just trying to make you laugh."
"And you suceeded. So stop it."
"I can't help it if I'm naturally charming."
"That you are"
"So what's on your mind?"
"I forget. Why do you always do that to me?"
"Do what? I'm just being me."
She had forgotten that she had brought him out here to talk about their last visit. It had been two months since they had seen each other and the feelings weren't going away. She knew there was a mutual agreement on that one because that was the exact reason she left him sitting alone on his couch.
But now as she met those beautiful blue eyes of his, she knew that being alone out here was very wrong."That's the problem."
"That's a problem?"
"It is because I've been having some not so pure thoughts about you,"she blurted out."This was a bad idea. I'm sorry I even brought it up,"Jordan said starting back toward the house.
When the revelation finally struck him he hurried as quickly as he could over the snow covered ground and fell into step with her until she stopped.
"What are you doing?"
Her eyes were very much directed at the feet across from her; afraid of what he would say."Jordan. Look at me."
"No."
"Jordan. You can't tell me somethin like you just did and expect to walk away from it."
"I just did,"she said slowly drawing her eyes up toward his.
"Did you expect me not to react to that?"
"I was hoping you wouldn't."
"I don't know what brought it on Jordan but you've gotta forget it."
"Forget it because I'm a married woman? Jesus Brian! Just because I am married doesn't mean my eye doesn't stray to an attractive man ocassionally and that afternoon, just by being there, you made me feel desired again. Something my husband hadn't made me feel in a long time."
"Now come on Jordan. Surely it hasn't got that bad."
"All I am to him anymore is a babymaking machine. My husband doesn't make love to me anymore. It's just sex."
"You know how many women would die to get next to him?"
"You know how many women would die to get next to you?"
"Including yourself?"
"Well.......Yes,"she blurted out. Wrong answer. Before she knew what was happening, she felt a very strong, very determined set of lips upon hers. And without thinking, she returned the gesture. Her fingers twined in his soft blonde highlights as the gesture became more intimate. This was so, so wrong but felt so, so very good. His tongue penetrating her soft pink lips. She hadn't kissed another man like this since she'd said "I do". His lips left hers and softly drifted toward an earlobe. The soft nibbling motion sent fire coursing through her. She shouldn't be feeling this and yet when his lips returned to hers, they were not refused. Damn her body for responding to him this way. Breathlessly she tore away from him.
Finally catching his breath,"You happy?"
"No I'm not!"
"Then why'd you kiss me back?"
"I don't know. I just pray to god nobody saw it."